1974 - The Company was incorporated in the State of Karnataka on
4th, as a public limited company in the State of Karnataka.
The company was promoted by the Morarka family of Mumbai to
over the distillery division of The India Sugars and
- The main object of the Company is to manufacture spirits,
and all types of Indian Made Foreign Liquors (IMFLs) and
1978 - The Company acquired this distillery with effect from 1st
1990 - The Company entered into an agreement with M/s. Western
Industries Ltd., who are having collaboration with PAQUES B.V.
Netherlands, for installing and commissioning Biogas plant on
turnkey basis. This plant was commissiond in March.
- 4,80,000 shares allotted to subscribers to the Memorandum and
Articles of Association, promoters, friends and relatives,
1991 - The objects of the public issue of equity shares during
- (i) to part finance the cost of modernisation scheme;
- (ii) to augment long term resources for working capital
- (iii) to get the Company's shares listed on recognised stock
- The Company promoted a subsidiary Company viz. Pampasar
- 25,20,000 shares of Rs. 10 each issued at par of which
shares were reserved and allotted to promoters, directors etc.
the remaining, 18,00,000 shares, 1,26,000 shares were
for preferential allotment to employees (only 5,200 shares
up). The balance 16,74,000 shares along with 1,20,800 shares
taken by the employees were offered for public subscription
during December. Additional 2,50,000 shares were allotted to
retain oversubscription (70,000 shares to promoters,
etc., and 1,80,000 shares to public).
1992 - The Company proposed to replace the existing batch
plant and the distillation unit with a new continuous
fermentation plant and distillation plant with a capacity of
kilolitres per day of industrial alcohol.
- The Company also proposed to set up a new bottling plant with
capacity of 18,000 ltrs. of potable alcohol per day and also
install other balancing equipments like plate heat
stainless steel blending/storage tanks and maturation casks
have optimium utilisation both in the rectified spirit and
potable liquor sections.