- The Company was incorporated as a Public Limited Company on 15th
July, at Chennai (Tamilnadu) under the name `Ushta-te Biotech
- It was originally promoted by Tamilnadu Industrial Development
Corporation Limited (TIDCO) and M/s KND Engineering Technologies
Limited (KNDETL) in the joint sector.
- The Company was set up to manufacture tapioca based Starch and
added products like High Fructose Syrup, Glucose Syrup, Dextrose
Monohydrate, Dextrose Anhydrous, Starch Powder and Animal Feed.
- The Company's manufacturing facilities are integrated to
biotechnology products using Tapioca.
- The name of the Company was changed to the present one with effect
from 4th November, and a fresh certificate of incorporation was
- The Company has launched consumer products, through its Home
Division, such as GLUCOSE `D' powder with brand name of `GLUCOSDIN'
and PURE HONEY with brand name of `HONEY GOLD'.
- The Company offered 44,16,000 No. of equity shares on Rights basis
the ratio of one equity share for every two shares held as on 16th
June, at a premium of Rs. 35/- per share.
- Home Products Division of the Company has entered into second year
operation and has launched GLUCOSE GOLD premium Glucose Powder,
GLUCO ORANGE flavoured energy drink as well as Prickly Heat Powder
with brand name MELLO TOUCH.
- The Company's Home Products Division produces and markets Honey,
Glucose Powders and Prickly Heat Powder.
- Pure Honey marketed by the Company under the brand name `Honey
is steadily gaining wide acceptance.
- The Company is introducing new flavours - Glucose Cola and Glucose
- The company had set up a branch in Abu Dhabi in January.
- DSQ Biotech Ltd has drawn up a growth strategy which will involve
setting up of bio-informatic research centres in San Diego, US,
- The company is also setting up a plant to extract gluten from
- Preferential offer of 1.5 crore equity shares of Rs. 10/- each at
premium to FIIs/NRIs/OCBs/Pension Funds/private equity
funds/MFs/Corporate funds/High Networth Individuals either
or foreign and/or preferential basis from time to time in one or
tranches as may be deemed appropriate by the Board.
- DSQ Biotech inaugurated its state-of-the-art bio-informatics
centre at Chennai.
- The Company is all set to demerge its business into two companies
manufacturing and research-cum-services.
2002-2002-DSQ Biotech Ltd has informed BSE that Mr K Gopalakrishnan
shall continue as Director and Mr M G Anant Kumar continues as Whole
Time Director. Earlier the Company had informed BSE that Mr K
Gopalakrishnan and Mr M G Anant Kumar have resigned as Managing
Director and Whole Time Director respectively.