- The Oriental Bank of Commerce Constituted through an Act of
Parliament on 11th July. The Bank transacts all kinds of banking
- 12,80,000 shares of Rs 10 each already issued & subscribed.
6,00,00,000 shares allotted at a premium of Rs 50 per share to
Financial Institutions. 60,00,000 shares at a premium of Rs 50 per
share to Mutual Funds. 480,00,000 share at a premium of Rs 50 per
share to Indian public. 23,80,000 shares to employees (additional
20,86,200 shares are taken up).
- Two Banks namely Punjab Co-operative Bank Ltd., and Bari Doab Bank
Ltd., were amalgamated with the bank under Government of India
notification on 7th April.
- Ten branches of these two banks which were taken over re-started
their operations as Oriental Bank of Commerce branches w.e.f. 8th
- The correspondent network of the bank consisting of 138 major
all over the world and 27 NOSTRO Accounts enables the bank to meet
foreign exchange requirements of its clientele.
- The Bank had 841 branches, comprising 247 rural branches, 271
semi-urban branches, 220 urban branches and 103 Metropolitan
- OBC is also launching credit cards shortly for which it has
tied up with Master-Card.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) has become the first public sector
bank in the country to join hands with Citibank to launch OBC
co-branded credit card. The formal agreement to this effect was
between the two partners on 27th July.
- The launch of OBC card provides us access to Citibanks' world
banking technology and processing expertise which will enable us to
provide better value to our customers.
- Union Bank of India has launched a new deposit scheme called
- Oriental Bank of Commerce proposes to enter the insurance business
collaboration with Switzerland-based company, Zurich Re.
- The bank has set up special branch, asset recovery branch, one
at Delhi and Mumbai and will also open the same in other parts of
country in future.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce decided to set up a life insurance
with a foreign partner.
- Mr. B.D. Narang has taken over as Chairman and Managing Director,
the bank with effect from July 17.
- Mr. B.D. Narang has bagged the Indira Gandhi Rajbhasha Award for
year 1999-2000 for the Bank's outstanding achievements in
Implementation of Official Language Policy.
-Opens a specialised branch for women entrepreneurs
-Slashes interest rates on home loans
-Revises deposit rates
-Raises Rs 200 crore Tier-II capital through issue of bonds
-Ties up with Corporation Bank to share each other's ATM network
-Cuts domestic term deposit rates
-Slashes home loan rates by 0.75-pc
-Approves return of Capital held by Central Govt.
-Revises interest rates, margins on SSI advances
-Unveils electronic bill pay service
-Slashes lending rates for Small Scale Industries (SSI)
-Joins hands with Infosys Technologies Ltd. and Wipro Ltd. for its
Centralised Banking Solution (CBS)
-Punjab National Bank (PNB) ties up with Oriental Bank of Commerce
(OBC) to share ATMs
-Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) enters into
alliance with the Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) to jointly work on
projects in the field of small-scale, infrastructure and service
- Shri Vaidya Devendra Triguna has been appointed as non-official
Director of the Bank
-OBC in alliance with MasterCard has launched OBC PrePaid Card
-The company has launched a housing loan package aimed exclusively
at the salaried class from government, semi-government, public sector
and reputed private sector organisations.
-Oriental Bank of Commerce has informed that Shri Karuna Sagar
Principal, Bankers Training College Mumbai has been appointed as a
Director of the Bank in place of Shri B.K. Vasdev, Regional Director,
Reserve Bank of India, Kanpur w.e.f. January 9, 2004.
-New Holland Tractors ties up Oriental Bank of Commerce
-Oriental Bank induct Infy, Wipro for implementing IT project
- The Government of India on August 13 sanctioned the scheme for
amalgamation of the GTB with OCB that came into effect on August 14
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) has recovered Rs 100 crore of
non-performing asset (NPAs) of the beleagured Global Trust Bank,
which was merged into it in July, and hopes to recover another Rs
100-150 crore soon.
-Government approves the second public issue of the Delhi-based
Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC). The Rs 2,000-crore issue will bring
down government equity in the public sector bank to 51% from 66%
- Mr K.N. Prithviraj appointed as the new Chairman and Managing
Director, Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce in consultation with all the Book Running
Lead Managers to the issue, has fixed the issue price at Rs 250 per
-Oriental Bank of Commerce appoints Ms H A Daruwalla as Chairman and
Managing Director upto December 12, 2008
-Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) has informed that the Bank has
signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the IL & FS
Investment Securities Ltd, for providing Online / Offline Share
Trading facility for its customers.
-Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) has informed that the Central Govt.
has appointed Sh. Kamal Bhushan, Chief Manager, of the Bank as
Officer Employee Director on the Board of Directors of the Bank for a
period of three years with effect from Nov 23, 2006 or until his
successor is nominated or till he ceases to be an officer of the Bank
whichever is earlier.
-Oriental Bank of Commerce has informed that the Central Govt. has
appointed Sh. V Vijayasai Reddy, Chartered Accountants, Chennai, as
part time non official Director under Chartered Accountant category
on the Board of Directors of the Bank for a period of three years
with effect from date of notification (December 14, 2006) and/or
until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce has raised its Benchmark Prime Lending
Rate (BPLR) by 75 basis points to 12.50 per cent with effect from
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) has joined hands with Escorts Ltd,
a tractor manufacturer, for providing retail tractor finance to
-OBC - Signing of non-binding MOU to set up a Joint Venture Company
for Life Insurance Business in India
-OBC signs MOU with IDBI Capital Market Services
-Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) has appointed Shri. H Rathnakar
Hegde, presently General Manager, Vijaya Bank as Executive Director
of Oriental Bank Of Commerce.
-Oriental Bank of Commerce has announced that the Central Government
vide notification dated 10 June 2008 has appointed Sumita Dawra as
its nominee director on the board of the bank in place of P Bolina.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) has inducted Sh. Bharat Bhushan
Batra as part-time non-official Director on the board of the Bank.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) has appointed Shri. S C Sinha,
General Manager, Union Bank of India as Executive Director of
Oriental Bank of Commerce. Sh. Sinha took over the charge as
Executive Director of the Bank on October 08, 2008.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) has set up a new branch with core
banking facility at Bantala Leather Complex here.
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce has informed that the Central Government
vide notification no. F.No. 9/19/2007-BO-I dated 20.02.2009 has
appointed Shri K.B.R Naidu as part-time non-official Director on the
Board of the Bank.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce started a new branch at East Marredpally,
- Oriental Bank of Commerce has appointed Shri K. H. Pandey, as
Workmen Employee Director of Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce has informed that the Central Government
vide notification dated July 21, 2010 has appointed Shri S. S.
Shishodia, as Officer Employee Director of Oriental Bank of
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce has informed that The Ministry Of
Finance, Government Of India vide notification no. F.No.9/2/2007-BO.I
dated July 30, 2010 has appointed Shri B.Sriniwas, as RBI Nominee
Director (in place of Sh. S K Newlay) of Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce has appointed Shri B. Sriniwas, as RBI
Nominee Director (in place of Sh. S. K. Newlay) of Oriental Bank of
- Shri Nagesh Pydah, as Chairman & Managing Director of Oriental Bank
- The OBC customers can now use their ATMs to pay their Income Tax.
- Oriental Bank of Commerce today announced a dividend @ Rs. 10.40
per share (104%) on equity shares for the financial year.