- The Company was incorporated on 1st July and obtained the
for Commencement of Business on October 15. It was promoted by K.R.
Rao, C.B. Rao, N. Subramanium, N. Sambasivam, N. R. Reddy, Dr. R.
Kailasam and Ms. R. Vijayalakshmi.
- The Company undertook to set up a 100% EOU for manufacture of 90
of cephalosparin group.
- A Collaboration agreement was entered into with sintofarm, Italy
state-of-the-art technology, buy back of entire production, training
personnel etc. Also, another agreement was entered into with M.V.
Reddy for know-how for manufacture of 7-ADCA & Cephalexin.
- 17,01,800 shares issued, subscribed & paid-up, (of these 14,38,000
shares subscribed for by signatories to the Memorandum of
1,00,000 shares to NRI who are associates, friends of promoters and
1,63,800 shares to foreign collaboration sintofarm).
- During September, the company issued 42,98,200 No. of equity
of Rs 10 each for cash at par of which the following were reserved
allotment on a firm basis.
- (1) 6,12,000 share to promoters, directors etc.
- (2) 1,36,200 No. of equity shares to collaborators sintofarm in
- (3) 5,50,000 shares to secured India Investment on repatriation
- (4) 5,00,000 shares to IDBI. Balance 25,00,000 shares issued to
- The Company entered into an agreement with SBD Laboratories Italy,
for technology for keeping production in sterile condition.
- The Company undertook to expand the combined capacity of
cepadroxyl and cefradine from 90 tonnes to 150 tonnes.
- 14,73,000 shares allotted to FIIs domestic corporate bodies,
employees of the company on private placement basis. 12,00,000 No.
equity shares allotted on private placement basis with Indian Mutual
Funds & others in July.
- The Company proposed to set up a state-of-the-art formulation
facility exclusively for manufacture of sterile cephalosporin
- 86,73,000 Rights equity shares issued (prop. 1:1; prem. Rs 30).
- The company recently became the youngest Indian pharmaceutical
company to be awarded the ISO 9002 certification.
- The company has tied up with Technology Innovative Industry of
- The company has also launched a range of new products in the
category during the last quarter of 1996-97. Five new products
Cefazolin Sodium, Cefradine Arginine, Cefradine Sodium Carbonate,
Cefonicid Sodium and Ceftazidime Sodium, have been introduced in the
- The company is the country's largest producer of oral and sterile
cephalosporins and has a global market share of 13 per cent with a
capacity of 480 tonnes per annum and among the top five in the world
for 7-ADCA (an intermediate) and oral cephalosprins based on 7-ADCA.
- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd (OCPL) is planning to
diversify into power generation by setting up either thermal or
hydraulic/wind/solar power plants.
- OCPL, also proposes to establish a modern formulation facility
exclusively for manufacturing sterile Cephalosporin formulations.
- The company has a technical collaboration with SBD Laboratories,
Italy for manufacture of ceftriaxone and cefotaxime and an alliance
with the Novartis group would translate into significant long-term
gains for the company.
- Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd, the bulk producer of
cephalosporins, is entering the formulation market. The Drug
Controller of India has granted a licence to Cipla Ltd and Orchid
Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals to export sildenafil citrate, the bulk
drug that goes into Pfizer's patented anti-impotence pill Viagra.
- Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd, the Chennai-based
export-oriented pharma company, will be commissioning its captive
plant. The installed capacity of the plant is 6.76 MW.
- Orchid, along with Cipla and Ranbaxy, had recently received
from the Drug Controller of India (DCI) for the manufacture and
of sildenafil citrate, the main ingredient in Viagra, the drug
developed by Pfizer to treat human male erectile dysfunction.
- Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals is keen to launch its branded
version of Pfizer's blockbuster anti-impotence drug, Viagra, in
- The Chennai-based Orchid Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals has `more or
less' decided against acquiring Roussel India's
production facility at Thane in Maharashtra.
- The company is setting up a new plant for non-cephalosporins bulk
drugs in Cuddalore in Tamil Nadu.
- The initial range of products launched include three injectable
cephalosporin formulations and two coprescription analgesics of the
NSAID category. These are Tax-O-bid (Cefotaxime injection),
(Ceftriaxone injection), Orzid (Ceftazidime injection), Orchidol
(Tramadol tablets) and N-Ltd (Nimesulide dispersible tablets.
It has proposed to launch cephalosporin antibiotics range of
in July and August, including cefoperazone injection, cephalexin
capsules and cefadroxyl capsules and cefixme tablets and dry syrup.
the fourth quarter of the current year two products for pain
-- meloxicam and nimesulide tramadol variants will be introduced.
- Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd has tied up with foreign
investors for funds to be invested in new technologies, research and
development, and facilities over the next five years.
- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals has announced an equity issue
1.06 crore shares of Rs 10 each at a premium to mop us Rs 175 crore
a private placement basis.
- The company is collaborating with JSS College of Pharmacy in
Udhagamandalam in research projects to identify the active
in traditional herbal medicines.
- The Chennai-based Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals is
joining the elite group of eight pharmaceutical companies who have
recently floated the Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) a lobby
influence government policy on the pharma industry.
- Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd has signed a memorandum
understanding (MoU) with the Mumbai-based Ajanta Pharma Ltd to
the latter's bulk drugs manufacturing plant located at Aurangabad,
according to a company statement.
- During the quarter under review five new products - one oral
cephalosporin Cefixime (under the brand name of Orfix), as also a
dispensible range of select cephalosporin antibiotics were launched.
Four anti-hypertensives Amiodipine, Lisinopril and combinations were
- A fire incident occured during the early hours on 16th January, in
one of the production blocks of Orchid's bulk drug manufacturing
facility at Althur, near Chennai.
- The Company has been awarded the Trophy for Excellent Performance
Exports as part of the National Export Awards Programme, 1998-99.
- The Company has entered into a joint venture with the UK-based
Cambridge Chemicals to distribute its nutraceutical products in that
- The Company is setting up a new R&D facility to work on new
variants on drugs and drug delivery systems at Alathur near Chennai.
- Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaeuticals on May 24 informed the BSE
the company has issued foreign currency convertible bonds to
International finance Corporation for m. The bonds will be
into equity shares at a price of Rs 220 a share within a period of
months from the date of allotment of bonds.
- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd (OCPL) proposes to expand
strength of its board to 15 from the existing level of 14, aimed at
accommodating the representative of International Finance
-Narayana Reddy resigns from the Board of Orchid Chemicals & Pharma.
-Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals has inked a 50:50 joint venture
alliance pact with a California-based drug discovery research firm
Bexel Biotechnology Inc.
-Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd on September 16, 2002
announced the induction of Mr RS Prasad as the Executive Director and
Chief Operating Officer of Orchid Healthcare, its formulations
division to fast-track its foray into the US and other regulated
-Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd has informed that IDBI had
withdrawn the nomination of Shri S Gajendran and instead appointed
Shri M V Badrinath as its nominee on the Board.
- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd informs that Mr A R Hedge
Director and CEO Formulation is relinquishing the directorship in
Orchid effective June 6, 2003 and Mr R S Prasad will be responsible
for all technical and manufacturing activities of Orchid's
formulation business and Mr S Vijayraghvan will be responsible for
all sales and marketing activities of Orchid's formulation business.
-Orchid acquires Mano Pharmaceuticals for a consideration of
-Orchid receives formal approval from US Food and Drug Administration
-Orchid enters a new co-marketing concept and has signed a agreement
with 4 companies
to boost its sales.
-Orchid Chemicals Aurangabad facility awarded ISO 14001 and OHSAS
-Orchid gets Europe drug Authority nod
-Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals granted CoS for Cefotaxime
-Orchids inks pact with Par Pharmaceuticals Inc, to market oral
cephalosporin formulations in US market
- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd forges alliance with
US-based Par Pharmaceuticals to market oral cephalosporin
-- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Orchid) has entered into
an agreement with Apotex Inc for an exclusive marketing pact in the
-Granted the Certificate of Suitability (CoS) by the European
Directorate for the Quality of Medicines for its API product
-Orchid Chem enters into US market
-Orchid pact with Alpharma Inc to market oral non-antibiotic
formulations in US & European markets
-Orchid enters into agreement with STADA Pharmaceuticals, Inc (USA)
-Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd has received approval from
USFDA for generic Ceftriaxone ANDA
-Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals has given the Bonus in the Ratio
-Orchid signs deal with Biovitrum in drug discovery field.
- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd on February 20, 2008 has
announced that it has received approval from the US FDA for its ANDA
(Abbreviated New Drug Application) for Cefuroxime Axetil Tablets. The
product is available in three dosage strengths, 125 mg, 250 mg and 500
-Orchid Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd and Merck & Co have forayed
into research collaboration and licence agreement to discover, develop
and commercialise molecules essential for the treatment of bacterial
and fungal infections.
- Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals received approval from the U.S.
Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) for its abbreviated new drug
applications (ANDAs) for Piperacillin and Tazobactam for injection
and will launch these products in marketing and distribution
partnership with Apotex in the U.S.
- Collaborates with Alvogen to license and market its eight oral
non-antibiotic generic formulations.
- Acquires US-based marketing company Karalex Pharma, to strengthen
its presence in the front-end US market and to reach its generic
products to the US customers directly.
- Orchid redeems FCCBs aggregating to USD 25.69 million.
- Orchid's API Manufacturing facility at Alathur was awarded with
OHSAS 18000 : 2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System)
- Orchid's drug discovery research initiative with Merck advances.
- Orchid Pharma reports successful completion of Phase I study of
its novel PDE4 inhibitor molecule, OCID 2987.
- Orchid Pharma enters into agreement to transfer its Penicillin &
Penem API business & its API facilities in Aurangabad to Hospira for
approximately US$ 200 million.
-Orchid enters into strategic partnership with Allecra Therapeutics
for development of novel antibiotics.
-Orchid receives US FDA approval for Eszopiclone Tablets ANDA.
-Company has received approval from the US FDA for the Abbreviated
New Drug Application (ANDA).
-The Company has changed its name from Orchid Chemicals &
Pharmaceuticals Ltd to Orchid Pharma Ltd.
-Trading symbol of the Company has changed from ORCHIDCHEM to