The Company was incorporated under the name and style of Mercury
Metals Pvt.Ltd. on 4th July, 1986 under the Companies Act, 1956 and
by virtue of Section 43A(IA) of the Act, the Company became deemed
Public Limited Company with effect from 9th February, 1994. The
company adopted fresh Articles of Association by passing a Special
Resolution on 11th November, 1994 in Extra Ordinary General Meeting.
The name of the Company was changed to Mercury Capital Limited by
virtue of special resolution passed at the General Meeting held on
1st February, 1995. Consequent to the change of name, a fresh
Certificate of Incorporation was issued by the Registrar of
Companies, Gujarat on 17th February, 1995.
The Company was incorporated with main object to undertake business
of dealing in metal and metal scraps. The Company has started
trading since its inception in various type of ferrous and
non-ferrous metals and metal scraps.
The company has diversified in the field of finance and securities in
the year 1994 for better utilisation of funds available with the
Company. At present the company is engaged in providing fund based
financial services which includes mainly Lease Financing and dealing
in shares and securities. The Company has started investment
activities and is negotiating to finalise some lease proposals with