1993 - Medicorp Technologies India Limited (MTIL) was incorporated
November 17, as a public limited Company under the
1956. The Company obtained certificate for commencement
business on 13.01.1994.
- MTIL has been promoted by Shriram Investments Limited
Shriram Transport Finance Company Limited (STFC) and
City Union Finance Limited (SCUF ) with objective of
business primarily in the field of bulk drugs,
products and intermediates.
- MTIL is currently implementing a project for manufacture
drugs such as Astemizole, Acyclovir, Cetirizine,
Enrofloxacin, Fluoxetine, Ofloxacin and Terfenadine.
- The state of the art plant (Main Plant) conforming to
international standards of quality, safety and
built in flexibility is being established at the APIIC
Industrial Estate at Pasha Mylaram, Medak District,
- The Company has also established a Pilot Plant at Gandhi
Hyderabad for the manufacture of small volume high value
drugs such as Alprazolam, Cisapride and Fluconazole.
1996 - The Company would be launching Cetirizine in the market
- The Company participated at the CPhl 95 Exhibition held
Frankfurt in November 1995 and the PhlA 96 exhibition at
in June 1996.
- The Company has already entered into agreement with a
foreign company for the implementation of the project as
USFDA/EEC Good Manufacturing Practice norms. In
company has obtained process know-how for various
- The pilot plant-cum R&D Centre at Gandhinagar, Hyderabad
commissioned and commercial production of two bulk drugs
Alprazolam and Fluconazole has commenced.
1997 - The company has obtained the requisite clearance from the
Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of
the first No Objection Certificate from the Andhra
Pollution Control Board.
1998 - Medicorp received its license for the bulk drug manufacturing
quite late in September 1997 only.
- During the year, the in-house integrated effluent
was commissioned in September `97 at Pashamylaram.
- The Company has developed a strong human resource base
of Research Scientists, engineers, Organic Chemists,
Accountants and highly skilled manpower.
- The delay in commencement of production at the main plant
attributed mainly to the decision of the Company to set
in-house integrated effluent treatment plant, which was
1999 - The Finance Committee of the board of directors of the
has allotted 41,37,900 equity shares on preferential
- 27,68,100 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each to
Private Equity Fund, L.L.C. a private equity fund
a limited life company with limited liability in
Rs.17.40 per share.
- 11,72,800 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each to TCW/ICICI
Private Equity AMP Fund, L.L.C. a private equity fund
as a limited life company with limited liability in
at Rs.17.40 per share.
- 1,97,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each to ICICI Ltd.
public limited company incorporated under the companies
of 1913, at Rs.17.40 per share.
- During the year, your Company was awarded the Quality
Award-1998 in the category of Bulk Drugs by the Indian
Manufacturers' Association (IDMA).
- The Company has received the ISO 9001 certificate from
Veritas Quality international (BVQI).
- Medicorp Technologies India Limited has bagged the
Certificate of Suitability from the European department
quality medicines, for its anti-viral bulk drug
2000 - The Company is entering the international generics market.
has tied up with a UK-based pharmaceuticals major for
formulations in Europe.
- The Company is the third largest manufacturer of
basic antiviral drug, in the world.
- Other bulk drugs being manufactured by the company
Alprazolam, Cetrizine Dihydrochloride and Fluconazole,
- The Company has tied up with a UK-based generic company to
- The Company has set up its research and development
division at the 200
acre ICICI Knowledge Park which offers infrastructure ans
supprt facilities and
enables collaboration between research and industry.
- Fitch Ratings India has assigned an `IND D1' rating to
the Rs 509 million commercial
paper programme of the company.
- The Company has bagged for the third time in running, the
Indian Drug Manufacturers
Association award for quality excellence.
2001 - Chennai-based Shriram Group Company Medicorp Technologies has
been issued the
ISO 14001 certification from BVQI.
2002-PVV Krishnan/ V Subba Rao resign from Directorship of Medicorp
-Medicorp Technologies India Ltd has informed BSE that Mr G V Raman
and Mrs Anna R Malhotra have resigned the membership of the Board of
the Company.The following have been inducted in the casual vacancies
existing on the Board w e f September 19, 2002Mr N Prasad,Mr M
Ravinder,Mr C Ramakrishna,Mr C Satyanarayana,Mr G Prabhu Kishore.