- The Company was incorporated on 13th October, under the name of
Marico Foods Ltd. It obtained the Certificate of commencement of
business on 22nd November.
- The Company is engaged in the business of manufacture and marketing
of branded personal care products, edible oils, fabric care products
and processed foods. The Company's products are sold under the brand
names Parachute, Saffola, Sweekar, Marico's Hair & Care, Revive and
- The name of the Company was changed to Marico Industries Limited
w.e.f. 31st October.
- In December, the Company entered into an agreement with M/s. Rasoi
Industries Limited for purchase of its unit located at M.I.D.C.
Industrial Estate, Jalgaon.
- The Company entered into a Registered Users Agreement dated 26th
September, with BOIL for the use of the brands Parachute and Saffola
for an initial period of 3 years commencing from 1st April.
- The Company established a new plant at Kanjikode, Palghat District,
Kerala to manufacture Parachute Coconut Oil. This plant with capacity
of 24000 tons of coconut oil per annum began commercial operation in
- The products Parachute Coconut Oil, Saffola and Sweekar are
manufactured at the Company's factories. The products Marico's Hair
& Care, Revive Instant Starch, Parachute Amla and Parachute Herbal
are manufactured on job work basis as per the Company's quality
specifications and under the brand names of the Company.
- The Company has two SSI Units namely M/s. Amardeo Plastic
Industries having its factory at Mumbai.
- The SIL range of jams and food products are manufactured by Kanmoor
Foods Limited (KFL) and marketed by the Company.
- Saffola won the Most Outstanding `Brand of the Year' Award
instituted by the Advertising Club of Mumbai.
- Agreements dated 21nd February 1994 and 16th November 1995 between
the Company and The Bombay Oil Industries Ltd. for using the
Trademark Parachute and Saffola.
- The Company has acquired the Brand `SIL' from KFL in March for an
aggregate consideration of Rupees Three crores.
- Memorandum of Understanding dated 2nd January, between the Company
and Karvy Consultants Ltd. agreeing to act as Registrars to the
- In March, the Company made a fresh issue of 10,00,000 equity shares
of Rs.10/- each, at a premium of Rs.165/- per share, simultaneously
with an offer for sale by the promoters of 26,25,000 equity shares of
Rs.10/- each, at a premium of Rs.165/- per share.
- The Company decided to leverage on the strong equity of the
Parachute brand through appropriate extensions. Accordingly,
`Parachute Herbal' was launched.
- The Total Quality Movement within the Company has gathered speed
and now embraces virtually all locations.
- The Company has made major investments in information technology, a
process which began four years ago. Presently, all the establishments
are covered by information technology and networked with the Corporate
- The Company has acquired a formidable reputation for its HR
practices and has been recognised by the National HRD Network in the
- Marico Industries has extended the Sweekar oil brand to introduce
two new refined oils-Sweekar cotton seed oil and Sweekar mustard
- The company has set up a factory near Jalgaon to process the cotton
seeds and another factory near Jaipur for the mustard oil.
- The company has launched branded refined mustard oil and cotton
seed oil refined under its brand name Sweekar Orange.
- Marico Industries has been one of the few success stories in the
fast-moving consumer goods segment.
- The company has announced the extension of the Parachute brand name
to other products in the hair care segment, thus making it an umbrella
- Marico Industries has launched three new variants of coconut oil -
light oil, nutra sheen liquid and nutra sheen creme-under the brand
- Marico Industries Limited, the Rs. 400 crore consumer goods company
has been selected as a Top Performing Global Growth Company from India
by the World Economic Forum, New Delhi.
- The company was originally a join venture between a Lever group
company and Nissin of Japan, and its products were distributed
through HLL's channels.
- Marico Industries Ltd has taken the lead in launching a refined oil
in the soya segment with a new variant called Sweekar Refined Soya
- The company has recently launched a new variant in Postman called
Sona, which is a sunflower oil.
- MIL launched an innovative fabric care product named Revive
ColourFix which helps to fix the colour on cotton fabrics.
- The company has recently extended the brand equity of Parachute to
coconut-based hair grooming products like Parachute Lite and
Parachute Nutra-Sheen. The company is also considering testing
Parachute branded products in international markets like Europe and
- Marico Industries Ltd is focussing on relaunching its SIL brands in
its `healthcare' business, after a successful repositioning of its
Saffola and Sweekar brand.
- The company is planning to introduce a range of vegetable soups.
- The company is planning to set up a wholly-owned subsidiary in
- Marico Industries (Marico) and The Bombay Oil Industries (BOIL)
have reached an understanding in terms of which the brands, Parachute
and Saffola are being assigned to Marico.
- ICRA has retained the `A1+' rating for the Rs. 7.5-crore commercial
paper programme of the company.
- The company is planning to set up a local manufacturing unit is
several other SAARC countries.
- The Company launched Parachute Dandruff Solution Coconut Hair Oil
in Calcutta, the first oil to combine coconut oil with antidandruff
properties in a single hair oil.
- The Company has launched the branded coconut oil in a tamper proof
seal pack with a flip top cap.
- Marico Industries Ltd. has a tied up with the International
Association of Trichologists (IAT), a non-profit organisation based
- Marico Industries has launched the Revive Anti-Bacteria starch.
-Marico Industries Ltd has informed BSE that the Board approved the
Issue of bonus redeemable preference shares of aggregate face value
of Rs 290 million. Ratio -- 1:1 on equity enhanced after bonus issue
of equity shares made by the Board on April 18, 2002 and approved by
shareholders on July 18, 2002. The rate of dividend is 8%
p.a.Increase in authorised share capital of the Company from Rs 300
million to Rs 600 million.
-Marico Industries Ltd have appointed Erehwon consultancy firm for
innovation in marketing and management.
-Marico Industries have acquired a controlling equity interest in
-Marico Industries' popular edible oil brand 'Saffola' launches a
fresh advertising campaign. The campaign by Grey Worldwide has a new
tagline, Aaj se jeene ka andaaz sudhariye (Improve your lifestyle
today), urges every Indian to take up healthy lifestyle. Earlier
Saffola campaign used the tag line - Saffola Swasth ParivaarKe Dil Ki
-High Court of Judicature at Bombay approves the Scheme of
Amalgamation of Anandita Arnav Trading & Investment Private Ltd,
Madhav Nandini Trading & Investment Private Ltd, Rajvi Rishabh
Trading & Investment Private Ltd and Rishabh Harsh Trading &
Investment Private Ltd with Marico Industries Ltd on February 12,
-Announces 1:1 bonus issue
- Marico Industries launches 'Saffola Gold, a blend of Ricebran and
Kardi oils in a 70:30 ratio, which has dual benefits of lowering
cholesterol and enabling food cooked in it to absorb lesser oil
-Marico industries has announced its foray into the beauty products
segment with the launch of Silk-n-Shine, a post-wash haircare
-Marico - MBL acquires soap brand Aromatic
-Marico introduces new Mediker Plus in southern market
-Marico arm buys toilet soap brand in Bangladesh
-Company has changed its name from Marico Industries Ltd. to Marico
-Marico Ltd has informed that the Company has reached an agreement to
acquire the brand 'Nihar' from Hindustan Lever Ltd (HLL). Nihar gas a
current annualized turnover of about Rs 1200 million spread over two
segments - coconut oil and perfumed hair oils.
-Marico Ltd has informed that the Company has acquired the Herbal
Bath Soap brand Manjal from Oriental Extractions Pvt Ltd (Oriental)
for an undisclosed consideration.
-Marico enters Egypt, acquires haircare brand Fiancee
-Marico Ltd has appointed Mr. Anand Kripalu as an Additional
Non-Executive Director on the Board of Directors of the Company.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs.10/- to Rs.1/-.
-Marico Uncommon Sense Campaign won Gold EFFIE in Corporate
Advertising Category Nihar Naturals and Saffola won Bronze each under
Consumer Products Category
-Marico Limited has appointed Ms. Rachana Lodaya- Legal Manager, as
Company Secretary and Compliance officer of the Company, with effect
from August 01, 2008.
-Marico Jalgaon was awarded the CII National Water Management Award
-Marico was ranked 2nd in Sourcing Platform Benchmarking Program
-Asia Pacific Quality Organization (APQO) - Marico won the 'Best in
Class' Award (Second highest) for the Large Manufacturing category
-Marico won the Greentech Environment Excellence Award 2009 in the
Silver Category in FMC
-Harsh Mariwala was awarded the Ernst & Young ‘Entrepreneur of the
Year Award’ 2009 in the Manufacturing category.
- Marico - Marico enters Vietnam through investment in ICR.
- Marico Ltd has informed BSE that the name of the Company Secretary
& Compliance Officer of the Company has been changed from Ms. Hemangi
Wadkar to Ms. Hemangi Ghag.
- Marico to invest Rs 37 cr to set up facility in Bangladesh.
- Marico to acquire Paras personal care business from Reckitt .
- Marico - Marico completes acquisition of Halite Personal Car.