- On 7th February, the Company was incorporated. Larsen & Toubro
carries on business as civil mechanical electrical chemical &
Agricultural engineers as manufacturers as importers & exporters & as
contractors. The Company represents a large number of overseas
manufactures, notably manufacturers of tractors, agricultural
machinery, dairy machinery, film cooling towers and general
industrial and engineering plants and coal mining machinery.
- With effect from 1st Oct., Alu Capsules Ltd & India, Crown Cork,
Co. Ltd, both wholly owned subsidiaries were amalgamated with the
company. And a new division was formed like Bottle Closure Division.
- During the year, the company commissioned a plant at Bangalore for
the manufacture of multipurpose hydraulic excavators and high
pressure hydraulic system in collaboration with Poclain, S.A. France.
- During the year Faridabad Factory become operative and commenced
the manufacture of switchboards.
- With effect from 1st April, Wilcox Buckwell India, Ltd another
subsidiary, was merged with the company.
- Utkal Machinery Ltd was amalgamated with the company with effect
from 1st April.
- During the year, the company signed an agreement with Hong kong
ship-owners for the purchase of two bulk carriers of 27,000 DWT
capacity each built in Japan at a contractual price of U.S $ 18.3
- During the year company made a right issue of 13.5% convertible
debentures of Rs.100 each for Rs.6 crores.
- The Company's subsidiary Engineering Construction Corporation, Ltd
was merged with the company with effect from 1st Oct.
- During the year, the company established a cement plant with an
installed capacity 1 million tonnes per annum in Chandrapur district
in Maharashtra and commenced commercial production of cement.
- During the year, the company signed collaboration agreement with
Y.E Data, Japan for floppy disc drives, with honeywell information
systems, India for dot matrix printers and with Jeumont Schneider,
France for electronic PABX. Another collaboration agreement was
potain Poclain Material, France for manufacture of mobile cranes at
Kansbahal works. The company also signed collaboration agreement
with Oesterreichische Doka Schalungs-und Geruestungstechnik GmbH,
Austria for farmwork systems used in the construction industry.
- During the year, the company issued 55,00,000 -15% non convertible
debentures of Rs.100 each for an aggregate amount of Rs.55 crores.
- During the year, the Company manufactured and delivered two-end
shields for Kakrapara Atomic Power Project.
- During the year, the company commissioned a new factory in Hebbal
Industrial Estate near Mysore in Karnataka for the manufacture of
computer peripherals such as dot matrix printers and floppy disc
- During, the company diversified into the field of 400 KV
- During the year company entered into collaboration agreements with
Sundstrand Sauer, USA for the manufacture of axial piston units, with
case vibromax, W. Germany for manufacture of vibratory compactors and
with JI Case, USA, for the manufacture of wheel loaders. Also a
memorandum of understanding was signed between the company and Colas
S.A of France for setting up a joint venture company for production
of asphalt emulsion.
- A new project was commissioned at Mysore in Karnataka for the
manufacture of medical electronics products. During the year the
Company received industrial licences for the manufacture of ship
auxiliaries and components of mechanised sailing vessels and rail
laying, track maintenance and renewal equipment.
- During the year the company entered into a technical collaboration
agreement with MPSI of USA for the manufacture of ring hammer mills
and rotary breakers required for sizing of coal.
- During the year company issued 30,000 - 13.5% debentures of Rs.1000
each to financial institutions with an option for conversion into
equity shares of the company.
- During March-April, the company issued 63,78,750-12.5% FCDs of 125
each of which 60,75,000 debentures were issued as rights to the
equity shareholders and 3,03,750 debentures to the employees on
- During September, the company issued 275,63,215, 12.5% FCD of
aggregate value of Rs.820 crores.
- During, the company entered into an agreement to take over the
tractor unit of Kirloskar Pneumatic Co. Ltd.
- During the year company completed construction of 200 flats for Sai
Central Trust, Puttaparthy. The company also commissioned a sponge
iron plant of 8,80,000 tonnes per annum capacity for Essar Steel at
- During the year following foreign collaboration agreements were
entered into 1. With mannesmann Anlagenbau, Germany to bring in the
latest technology in ash handling at coal-based thermal power plants,
2. With AFE Displays Ltd., UK for supervisory colour graphics
controller, 3. With Western Digital Corporation, USA., for hard disk
drives and 4. With Y-E Data Inc., Japan for 3.5'' floppy disk drives.
- During the year a major contract was signed for augmentation of the
Trisuli Hydro Power Project in Nepal.
- A carbonate condenser for IFFCO, Kalol was manufactured to Stami
Carbon Process for the first time with the stringent requirements of
ultrasonic testing for each tube-to-tube sheet joint. The company
also developed ethylene oxide reactor for SM Dyechem.
- During the year Co. developed public switching system with a
capacity upto 10,000 lines and 2GH2 microwave transmission equipment
of 30- channel and 120 -channel capacity and they were installed for
field evaluation by the Department of Telecommunications.
- L&T - Gould Ltd. was amalgamated with the Company effective from
1st January. During the year a new model 90 CK -111 was launched. A
methanol cometics for Deepak Fertilizers and test separation for ONGC
platform were delivered. A pair of endshields was also fabricated and
supplied for the 235 MW Karga Atomic power project. Also the company
commissioned the Max-L telephone exchange of 2000 lines extendible
upto 1,10,000 lines at Chittorgarh, Rajasthan.
- During the year, EWAC Alloys Ltd., on issuing further shares to
collaborators and increasing their holdings to 50% ceased to be a
subsidiary of the company.
- During November, the company offered 80,83,832 GDR shares at a
issue price of US $ 8.35 per GDR representing shares 161,67,664
equity shares at a price equivalent to 262 (at an exchange rate of
Rs.31.37=US $ 1.). All the GDR were fully subscribed. The Company
along with Energy Alternatives Inc., U.S.A signed a MOU with SAIL for
promoting & developing 2 x 250 MW Coal based power plant at Bhilai in
- During the year, the company along with Energy alternative Inc. U
S A., signed a MOU with SAIL for promoting & developing 2 x 250 MW
Coal based power plant at Bhilani in MP. Also the company tied up
with Sargent & Lundy U S A., to offer EPC service for thermal power
and also to form a joint venture engineering company. This joint
venture would offer engineering services to power projects in India
- During the year an international scale glass container plant
employing the state-of-the art technology was being set up in
technical collaboration with Vetropack, Switzerland. During the same
year, the company signed of memorandum of intent with Samsung
Ltd. of South Korea to form a joint venture for the manufacture and
marketing of a vide spectrum of telecom products including large
switches, transmission products, paging systems and PABX. Also
signed an MoU with Orissa govt. for setting up a integrated steel
- During the year a new cement plant at Kovaya in Gujarat with annual
capacity of 15 lakh tonnes was commissioned.
- During the year, the Company has two subsidiary companies namely,
L&T-McNeil Limited and L & T Finance Limited, and seven associate
companies namely, Audco India Limited, Ewac Alloys Limited, Tractor
Engineers Limited, L&T- Niro Limited, L&T-Chiyoda Limited,
L&T-Sargent & Lundy Limited and Larsen & Toubro (Oman).
- The Company is also putting up captive power plants at Awarpur and
Gujarat so as to ensure continuous availability of equity power at
- The Larsen and Toubro (L&T) Employees Association has launched an
indefinite strike from January 21 protesting against the alleged
harassment and victimisation of workers by the management, even as
the management termed the strike illegal and contended that it had
initiated disciplinary action against some employees for misconduct
- L&T-McNeil Limited, a subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited, has
been awarded the All India Special Shield for 1995-96 in the category
of non-SSI New Product Exporters by the Engineering Export Promotion
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has won the Golden Peacock National Quality
Award 1996 and for the year 1997 instituted by the Institute of
Directors (IOD), New Delhi.
- The private sector giant Larsen and Toubro (L&T) will introduce 300
varieties of computerised ready mix concrete for the first time in the
country so as to develop a new concept in the building industry.
- The Engineering and Construction conglomerate, Larsen & Toubro
Limited (L&T), has been selected by Indian Institute of Bridge
Engineers to receive the Most Outstanding Bridge National Award -
1996. The company has built 460-metre long flyover bridge at Evarard
Wadala, Mumbai, which has been chosen for the award for its excellent
aesthetics and blending with the environment.
- The equity shares of Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Dabur India Ltd., Great
Eastern Shipping Company Ltd., Jindal Vijayanagar Steel Ltd. and
Jindal Iron & Steel Ltd have been admitted for dematerialisation.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited (L & T) has been marketing the world class
range of fax machines from Canon in India. It has added a
high-quality laser plain-paper fax machine, model L300, to the
- Engineering major Larsen & Toubro has been awarded the 115 MW ISO
capacity captive power project of Haldia Petrochemicals in West
Bengal as an independent power producer.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has entered into a 50:50 joint-venture
with Komatsu, Japan, to manufacture hydraulic excavators and
- L&T has received a letter of award for setting up a combined cycle
co-generation power plant for Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd (HPL) on a
- Under a memorandum of agreement signed between Larsen and Toubro
Ltd and Japan's Komatsu Ltd, the two engineering companies have
decided to form an alliance in the construction equipment business in
India and its neighbouring countries.
- Larsen and Toubro Limited (L&T) has been awarded a railway
electrification contract for the Vallathol Nagar Ernakulam section in
- The joint venture has been set up for the manufacture of
earthmoving equipment and has a paid-up share capital. Both L&T and
Komatsu are chipping in with 50 per cent each of the equity base.
- Diversified industrial giant, Larsen and Toubro (L&T) has entered
into a joint venture with Dear and Co., a leading international
agricultural machines company, to manufacture tractors.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has bagged two national awards for
excellence in construction from the Association of Consulting Civil
Engineers (ACCE) for 1998. The ACCE-Sarvamangala Award was given in
recognition of the work done by L&T in constructing the Sree
Indoor Stadium in Bangalore, while the ACCE-Billimoria Award in the
high-rise buildings category was given for the international
technopark, also in Bangalore.
- Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) has been conferred the Indian Chemical
Manufacturers Association (Icma) award for excellence in chemical
plant design and engineering for 1997.
- Engineering major Larsen & Toubro has bagged the EPC contract for
the Rs 135 crore captive power plant being set up by Usha Martin
Industries, currently known as Usha Beltron, of the Jhawars.
- The promoters of HPL Cogeneration, a joint venture between Larsen &
Toubro (L&T) and Haldia Petrochemicals Ltd (HPL), have converted their
loans into equity shares. As a result of the conversion, which was
done at a part value of Rs 10 per share, the company's equity capital
has jumped from Rs 5 crore to Rs 122 crore.
- Cement giants Larsen & Tubro (L&T) and Gujarat Ambuja Cements have
entered a unique agreement to reduce transportation costs in
despatching bulk cement in Gujarat.
- Crisil has assigned the highest safety rating to engineering and
construction major the company's Rs 100 crore debenture issue.
- The Company its Nashik Glass Work, an accidental leakage of molten
glass from furnace took place on 12th March.
- Larsen and Toubro announced a strategic partnership with SAP India.
- The Company is to set up a wholly-owned subsidiary -- `L&T Capital
Company Ltd' -- to focus on business opportunities in the capital
- L&T has formed a new company, L&T Equipment Leasing Co. Ltd., to
which will be transferred the construction equipment owned by
- L&T Information Technology Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of
Larsen and Toubro Ltd., has been awarded the National Export Award
- Larsen and Toubro (L&T) has floated a 26:74 joint venture with
Japanese major Sharp Corporation which will absorb the company's
existing distribution business of electronics office equipment.
- The Company is offering a 5-year NCD issue at 11.25 per cent to mop
up Rs 50 crore with a green-shoe of Rs 25 crore.
- L&T has launched its slag cement under the brand name S-53 in
Bellary district of Karnataka and a few districts in Andhra Pradesh.
- The Company has extended its employees stock option plan to cover
500 employees all in the senior management cadre.
- Larsen & Toubro's construction division has been awarded a contract
for building two stadia in Quatar.
- Larsen and Toubro launched the second phase of HITEC city.
- The Company will increase its cement capacity by 2 million tonne to
16 million tonne, facilitated by a one million tonne grinding unit in
- The Company will set up a private market for its engineering,
procurement and construction business.
- The Company, India's largest cement producer with an installed
capacity of over 14 million tonne, is setting up a 1mt grinding unit
at Durgapur in West Bengal.
- The Company will hive off its cement business by March.
- Larsen & Toubro has appointed investment bankers J P Morgan and DSP
Merill Lynch to advise them on the proposed demerger of its cement
- The Company has appointed Vijay Kumar Magapu as a successor to
Achyut S Godbole, the outgoing CEO of its IT arm L&T Information
- Sharp Business Systems (India) Ltd. the joint venture between Sharp
Corporation and Larsen & Toubro, has launched its inkjet printers in
- Larsen & Toubro is set to replace the Associated Cement Companies
in setting up a one million tonne grinding unit in Jindal Vijaynagar
- The Company and Gas Authority of India have agreed to collaborate
in research and development, new technologies, liquefied gas plants
and terminals, pipelines, petro-chemicals, power and
- Larsen & Toubro has commissioned its new cement plant at Arakkonam
in Tamil Nadu on December 13.
- Engineering major Larsen & Toubro and German firm Demang Ergotech
will form a 50:50 joint venture company to make injection moulding
machines at the former's manufacturing facility in Chennai.
- The Company has informed BSE that the company has entered into a
joint venture with Demag Ergotech of Germany.
- Larsen & Toubro has formed a separate company L&T EMSYS (L&T
Embedded Systems) for embedded software development.
- The Company commissioned its cement grinding plant of 1 million
tonne capacity at Arakkonam in Tamil Nadu in December 2000.
- L&T-DEMAG Plastics Machinery Pvt. Ltd. hte new joint venture
between Larsen & Toubro Ltd and Demag Ergotech of Germany, has
- L&T Information Technology Ltd a subsidiary of Larsen & Turbro Ltd,
and Sun Microsystems Pvt. Ltd. have signed a memorandum of
understanding to jointly offer e-business solutions to their
- L&T Information Technology, a fully-owned subsidiary of Indian's
leading engineering company Larsen and Turbo, may set up a software
development center in Orissa's capital.
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has signed two
contracts with Larsen & Toubro for the construction of two major
bridges on Vijayawada-Visakhapatnam section of NH 5 in Andhra
- Larsen & Toubro has successfully closed an 4-million syndicated
term-loan facility. The initial borrower is L&T, but the loan would
get transferred to the cement company as and when the demerger of its
cement business was completed,
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has bagged the Rs 121.5-crore contract to
construct a 36.89-km stretch of the National Highway Four between
Kanchipuram and Walajahpet along the Chennai-Bangalore highway.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has introduced its third voluntary
retirement scheme (VRS) for unionised employees, applicable
specifically to those below the managerial level. Staff costs for
the just concluded fiscal stood at Rs 587.95 crore for the company.
- The joint venture between Larsen & Toubro and Joannou &
Paraskevaides (Overseas) Ltd of Cyprus has bagged the six-lane
highway project between Jaipur and Kishangarh on NH-8 in Rajasthan
which is estimated to cost around Rs 673 crore.
-Buys over the shareholding of Caterpillar, USA, in its joint
venture Tractor Engineers Ltd. (TENGL), makes it wholly owned
-Submits end shield to National Power Corporation of India Ltd.
(NPCIL) for the first time in the country
-Gets `European Standard CEM I 42.5R' accreditation for its Gujarat
-Financial Institutions stake increases in L&T to 37%
-Grasim Industries and Larsen & Toubro together set up a task force
for logistics, promotion and procurement of raw materials
-Steps into Chinese market with medical equipment business
-Exits from its internet trading business
-Receives clearance from the Tamil Nadu govt. for its revised toll
proposal for the Coimbatore bypass project
-Gets Rs 37.53 cr contract from Northern Railway
-Grasim Industries hikes its holding further in Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
to 13 per cent
-Mops up 3-month money at 6.55%
-IL&FS and L&T tie up for joint development of infrastructure
-Implements compulsory retirement scheme across all its facilities in
-Places Rs 50 crore of five-year debentures with ICICI Securities and
Finance (I-Sec) in a unique deal.The instrument, named rating
contingent debenture (RCD), is the first of its kind in the Indian
-Closes down the loss-making subsidiary, Narmada Cement's grinding
unit at Magdalla in Gujarat, citing adverse market conditions
-L&T Infotech opens IBM centre
-Opts for out of court settlement with three advertising agencies
Prime Displays, Everest and Abiz over the dispute of non-payment of
Rs 20 crore dues
-Builds Rs 450-cr large hydrogen unit and refinery offsites and
utilities project for IOC at Barauni
-Receives prestigious contract to build an eight tower
hotel-cum-residential complex in Dubai's upmarket Sheikh Zayed Road
-Raises Rs 65 crore through 10 year secured bonds
-L&T, Shapoorji Pallonji form joint venture to take up Cyber Tower
project in Mauritius
-Bags Rs 5810 million turnkey refinery order from IOC
-Grasim Industries hikes stake in L&T to 14.15% from 13%
-Bags two engineering, procurement & construction (EPC) contracts
from Kuwait National Petroleum Company (KNPC) for revamp of Sulphur
Recovery units at their refineries at Shuaiba and Mina Abdullah in
-Bags a contract worth of million (over Rs 100 crore) from
Lafarge Surma Cement, Bangladesh, for the construction of a
17-km-long cross-national belt conveyor
-Wins two large World Bank financed lumpsum turnkey contracts having
a total order of approx. 0 million form Songas Ltd, Tanzania
-Cyber Towers and Cyber Gateway - L&T Infocity engages
Singapore-based 0 million Ascendas Pte Ltd to commission a Rs 180
crore-mega IT complex called 'Cyber Pearl' in Hitech City near
-Gets contract for constructing the longest flyover in New Delhi
-Gets award from International Federation for Structural Concrete
-Hiked its capacity to 16.5 million tonnes thus gaining its position
as the largest cement company in India, overtaking the capacity of
The Associated Cement Companies (ACC)
-Forges an alliance with Australian firm JV International Pty Ltd to
set up a project in Pondicherry to manufacture steel door and window
-LIC increases its stake in the company to 18.5% from 17.42%
-Grasim Industries sends legal notice, challenging Larsen & Toubro's
attempt to demerge the cement business into a separate company
-Bags .50 million order from Oman India Fertiliser Project
-Bags Indian Oil Contract to Build Panipat PTA Plant
-Wins Rs 2690 million IBRD-funded road project in Karnataka
-Revamps Engineering Division, splits it into four divisions
(Buildings & Factories, Civil Infrastructure, Industrial Projects &
-Obtains four licences, issued by the central government, for design,
manufacture and assembly of warships, submarines and weapon platforms,
radar and sonar systems and electronic warfare equipment and systems
sensors, weapon launchers and armaments including missiles and
rockets. Besides, the company also receives the government’s nod for
design and development of sophisticated armoured and other combat
vehicles and bridge-laying systems on tanks
-Ties up m loan with IFC for financial restructuring
-Signs tie-up with Kobe for Hydraulic Tyre Curing Presses
-Becomes the first company in the Asian region to be selected for
undertaking infrastructure related work in Iraq by the United States
-L&T ECC completes electrification of Bihar rail project
-Lafarge S.A, the French company, mandates Larsen and Toubro the EPC
contract for constructing a 1.2 million tonnes per annum cement plant
-L&T and Thames Water (UK) in a 70:30 joint venture, have bagged a
prestigious contract for The Leakage Reduction Control & Water
-Approves plan to demerge its cement business into a separate
subsidiary and cede management control to Aditya Birla group flagship
Grasim Industries, ending an eight-month tussle over India’s largest
-Enters into an agreement with International Finance Corporation
(IFC), the private sector arm of World Bank Group, for a long term
loan of US million
-Gets contract for curtailment of leakage worth Rs 50 cr from BWSSB
-Increases its stake in its Oman subsidiary Larsen & Toubro Oman LLC
to 65 per cent from 49 per cent via the acquisition of 1.1 lakh
-Ties up with European companies for its Electrical Standard Products
(ESP) business in Europe
-Henning Holck-Larsen, 96, co-founder and chairman emeritus of
India's largest engineering and construction conglomerate Larsen &
Toubro Ltd, passed away in Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai, at 1.10 pm
on July 27
-Bags a Rs 420 million order to build a flyover in Oman
-L&T Infotech, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro Limited,
has bagged a m order from US telecom giant Motorola for SAP
implementation and mainframes
-Forays into China by inducting a representative in China to supply
critical modular equipment for various projects
-Enters into an agreement with Citibank NA, New York offering the
issuance of Global Depository Shares
-Sets up a trust to acquire the holdings of Grasim Industries in the
-Bags Motorola contract worth 0m for SAP implementation and
-The company has shut down its packaging business as part of a
-Tied up to finance jointly with the union bank of india for its
tractors to the farmers
-Picks up 30% stake in newly formed NAC Infrastructure Equipment
-Gets order from Shell Hazira Gas to develop Liquid natural gas
-L&T bags Rs 9210 million mega order for country's largest hydel
-L&T bags Rs 7000 million Power Plant Order
-L&T Board approves disposal of Glass Business
-L&T secures Rs 700 cr power plant order from GMR group
-L&T-John Deere sign MoU with SBM for tractor financing
-L&T bags an order worth -m in UAE
-L&T receives Rs.1370 mn order for Nuclear Power Plant Equipment
-Centre grants licence to L&T to make submarines
-L&T bags commendation award
-L&T-John Deere join hands with BoI for tractor finance
-Larsen & Toubro CMD gets corporate leadership award
-Mops up Rs 225 crore by privately placing bonds with banks, mutual
funds and a primary dealer
-Wins a contract worth Rs 70 crore for construction of a 15-storied
hotel and service apartments for the Radissons Group, making its
entry into Bahrain
--Bank of Baroda signed a memorandum of understanding with L&T John
Deere Pvt Ltd to prop up farm sector lending.
-L&T with EIL inks pact with IOC for Iran pipeline project
-L&T Ties Up with US Cardiac Equipment Major Zoll Medical
-Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has won a contract for coal gasification
equipment from China valued at Rs 95 crore
-Cement division demerged, new company carved out in the name of
Ultra Tech CemCo, Grasim Industries Ltd. takes majority control in
Ultra Tech CemCo
-Engineering major Larsen & Toubro Ltd. has won an order worth .5
million from the United Arab Emirates to develop a platform in an oil
field in the Gulf
-Launches new 35 HP tractor
-L&T and BEL join hands to develop radar for Army
-Tata Steel and Larsen & Toubro (L&T) signs definitive agreement to
form a 50:50 joint venture for setting up a port at Dhamra in Orissa
on October 29,2004
-L&T join hands with Dubal to set up alumina plant
- L&T John Deere Private Ltd launches 40 HP tractor 5103 models on
January 8, 2005,
-L&T join hands with Dubal to set up Rs 50000 mn alumina refinery
-L&T bags Rs 1650 mn order for Water Supply System to Greater
-L&T exits Tractor Business
-L&T secures Rs 4950 mn contract for new Hyderabad Airport
-L&T receives contracts from Dubai-based firm
-L&T enters into MoU with DSL, Nashik for a merger of DSL with the
Company under a scheme to be approved by BIFR
-L&T bags a Rs 440-crore order from Zadeko Ship Management CV
-L&T inks Joint Venture in Kuwait to expand construction prospects in
-L&T Wins Rs 7500 mn BOT Highway Contract in Gujarat
-Mumbai: Larsen & Toubro has forged technological alliance with
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries for manufacture of equipment for mega
power projects being planned in the country.
-L&T Wins Rs 5400 crore Delhi Airport Contract.
-Larsen & Toubro has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-The Boeing Company on February 08, 2007 has signed a Memorandum of
Understanding (MoU) with the Larsen & Toubro Ltd , for the joint
exploration of business opportunities in India's defense sector.
-Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) have signed on February 15, 2007, a
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Dassault Systèmes (DS), which
has head offices in France.
-Larsen & Toubro (L&T) will set up joint ventures with Japan's
Toshiba Corp and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI) to commission
manufacturing facilities for super-critical turbines and boilers,
which are used in coal-fired power generation plants.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has announced that the Company has bagged
two orders valued at Rs 412 crores.
- L&T bags Rs 877 crore ONGC order.
- L&T bags Rs 114 crore order from SAIL.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has informed that the Board of Directors
of the Company at its meeting held on July 03, 2007, has appointed
Mr. Subodh Bhargava as an Additional Director of the Company.
-Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has informed that the Board of Directors
of the Company at its meeting held on July 19, 2007, has appointed
Mrs. Bhagyam Ramani as a Nominee Director of the Company representing
equity interest of General Insurance Corporation of India with effect
from July 19, 2007 in the vacancy caused by the resignation of Mr. B
- Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) has won a repeat order valued at over
million for construction of two ships from RollDock BV of
Netherlands.The vessels will be built at the existing shipyard that
is a part of the engineering complex at Hazira, Surat.
-Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) & Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd (MHI)
have inked a Joint Venture Agreement for setting up a manufacturing
facility to supply super-critical Steam Turbine & Generator facility
- Larsen & Toubro said that its electrical and electronics division
has got Rs 74.7-crore contract from the Oil and Natural Gas
Corporation for a SCADA system for onshore control centres (OCC).
-Larsen & Toubro Ltd (L&T) has appointed Mr. A K Jain has as an
Additional Director representing equity interest of the Specified
Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (SUUTI) with effect from May
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd has secured a Rs 1,557-crore order for supply
of a steam turbine generator of 2 x 800 MW to Sri Damodaram
Sanjeevaiah Thermal Power Station at Krishnapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- Larsen & Toubro has received a Rs 2,000-crore order from GMR Energy
for commissioning a 2x384 MW gas-based power plant at Vemagiri near
Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh.
- Larsen & Toubro's buildings and factories operating company, part
of its construction division, has bagged new orders aggregating Rs.
1513 crore for the construction of high rise tower, luxury hotel,
hospital and factory building projects from DB Hospitality, ITC
group, NBCC and Arshiya International.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has secured the BoP contract valued at Rs
1635.30 crore from Madhya Pradesh Power Generation Co. Ltd, (MPPGCL)
for 2 x 600 MW MALWA Coal Fired Power Plant, The project was won
against stiff competition from domestic BoP bidders.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) is readying to cash in on the sunrise
sector-nuclear power as L&T will team up with the Nuclear Power
Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) to make parts for atomic units.
- Larsen & Toubro's (L&T) Infrastructure Operating Company - a part
of its Construction Division (ECC), has secured one of the single
largest construction orders in India's Nuclear Power sector by
winning a contract valued at Rs. 844 Crores from Nuclear Power
Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) for construction of the Main
Plant Civil works of Reactor 3&4 at Kakrapar Atomic Power Project,
- Larsen & Toubro has secured orders worth Rs. 581 crore from
Powergen Infrastructure and Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board
during the third quarter of 2009-10. According to a release, the
projects will be executed by the metallurgical, material handling and
water operating company of L&T construction division.
- Larsen & Toubro's Buildings and Factories Operating Company, part
of its construction division, has bagged new orders aggregating Rs.
2,325 crore during Q3 2009-10 for constructing of residential towers,
hospital, exhibition centre, IT Park and factory building projects.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T), engineering major, on March 17 said it has
bagged a project worth Rs 1,013 crore from Oil & Natural Gas
Corporation (ONGC).The company has bagged the contract for four well
platforms for the Mumbai High North Re-development Project.
- Larsen & Toubro's (L&T) Buildings & Factories Operating Company -
part of its Construction Division - has bagged new orders aggregating
Rs.1500 crores recently for the construction of hospitals, residential
towers and factory buildings.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has bagged a contract for the designing and
construction of 36 high speed interceptor boats worth Rs.970 crore
for the Indian Coast Guard.
- Larsen & Toubro yesterday bagged orders valued at Rs 1,500 crore
from various vendors in order to construct hospitals as well as
residential towers and factories.
- Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T) and Rolls-Royce, the global power
systems company, have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for
cooperation to effectively address the projected need for light water
reactors (LWR) in India and internationally.
- Larsen & Toubro has won a critical offshore platform contract from
Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation (GSPC) valued at Rs. 1,060.
Besides the use of exotic materials to cater to demanding
requirements, L&T will be responsible for several novel aspects in
the survey, engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation of
the wellhead platform.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press Release
dated June 22, 2010 titled L&T bags Rs. 827 Crore Orders for Thermal
Power Plant Construction.
- Larsen and Toubro’s (L&T) Thermal Power Plant Construction (TPPC)
Business Unit has bagged two orders worth Rs 827 crore. The company
bagged one order from GVK Power for their Gautami Combined Cycle
Power Plant Expansion and one from SEPCO-I for Talwandi Sabo Power
Plant in Punjab.
- L&T has bagged an important offshore rig refurbishment contract
from ONGC and the order is valued at Rs 376 crore ( million).
- The Andhra Pradesh government today decided to award the Rs 12,132
crore Hyderabad Metro Rail Project to Larsen and Toubro Limited
(L&T), which emerged as the lowest bidder.
- Larsen and Turbo (L&T) has bagged 2 projects worth Rs 1,195 crore
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd wins INR 1,610 Cr order from Visa Power Ltd.
for 1200 MW Power Plant.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd bags INR 700 Cr Orders from Water & Material
- Larsen & Toubro has bagged a Rs.1,610-crore order from Visa Power,
a Visa Steel Group company, for its 2x600 MW power plant being set up
- L&T - L&T Bags Rs. 1103 Crore Orders in Railway Sector
- L&T - L&T bags New Orders worth Rs. 1181 Cr in Buildings &
- L&T - L&T MHI JV Inaugurates Twin Facilities for Power Equipment
Manufacture at Hazira, Surat
- L&T signed an MoU to invest Rs 15,000 crore in Gujarat in
- L&T - L&T and Kobe Steel signed Joint Venture for Tyre & Rubber
- L&T - Larsen & Toubro and CASSIDIAN join forces in India to forge a
long term partnership
- L&T bags over Rs 1100 cr Energy project
- L&T Mutual Fund launched a new scheme named as L&T FMP – III
(April 180D A).
- L&T - L&T bags Gas Based Power Plant EPC Order from PPN Power
- Engineering and construction major Larsen and Toubro said it has
bagged new orders worth over Rs 2,056 crore across various business
segments during December 2011.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) today said that it has bagged Rs 1,937 crore
order for 4-laning of a major portion of Shivpuri-Dewas section of
NH-3 in Madhya Pradesh from GVK Group.
- L&T - L&T Construction Bags Orders Valued Rs. 1880 crore
- L&T - L&T Construction Bags Orders Valued Rs. 1306 Crore
- Engineering and construction giant Larsen & Toubro (L&T) today said
that its financial arm L&T Finance Holdings Limited (LTFH) has entered
into the housing finance business by acquiring Indo Pacific Housing
Finance Ltd (IPHF), a small sized housing finance company.
- L&T - L&T Construction bags Order Worth Rs. 1700 Cr
- Larsen &Toubro (L&T) and Samsung Techwin have joined hands to
cooperate in the Indian Army’s Tracked Self Propelled Artillery
- L&T and Nexter Systems join hands for Indian army artillery
- L&T Mutual Fund launched a new close ended income scheme named L&T
FMP – VI (April90D A) with maturity time of 90 days.
- L&T Joint Venture firm bags contract from Sadara Chemical Company
- L&T Mutual Fund launched a new close ended income scheme named L&T
FMP – VI (May91D A) with maturity time of 91 days.
- L&T - L&T Construction Secures Orders Valued Over Rs 2592 Crore
- L&T - L&T Construction Secures Orders Valued over Rs. 2040 Crore
- L&T & Its construction arm bags new orders worth Rs 2008 cr
- L&T - L&T Wins Rs. 749 Crore Contract from ONGC for 4 Wellhead
- L&T - L&T Wins Prestigious Order for Manufacture of Cryostat for
International Fusion Energy Project
- L&T - L&T led Joint Venture wins Rs. 1252 Cr Delhi Metro Contract
- Larsen & Toubro bags 0mn EPC contract in Ras Laffan, Qatar
L&T bags Rs 781 cr contract from ONGC
- L&T bags Rs 447 cr order from defence ministry
- L & T - L&T Secures Additional Defence Order for 18 Interceptor