1993 - The Company was incorporated on June 15, as Core Information
Investor Services Limited with the object of on the business
creating and marketing business database and setting up
Investor-cum-Information Shops (FINMARTS).
- The main promoters are Mr. Harsha Bhatkal Popular Prakashant
Ltd., Mr. Anant Gawande, Mr. Vinayak Gawande and Mr. Dilip
1994 - The Company acquired 100% shareholding in VCPL during the
- The Company is in the business of information and data
- VIISL has marking tie-ups with leading international database
publishers, Info Access and Distribution, Singapore;
Heavy (UK), CD-PLUS (UK), Micromodex Inc. (USA). On account
these tie-ups the Company has an exclusive right to market
databases in India.
- It has tied up with The Indian Express Group of Newspapers
which VIISL will make available The Financial Express and
Investment Week in electronic media. This is the first time
India that a national newspaper will be available
- VIISL is setting up a chain of FINMART across the country
will cater to the information and investor service needs of
investors. The Company will be setting up 8 FINMARTS in the
first year (6 at Mumbai and 1 each at Delhi and Calcutta)
- The Company also proposes to carry out merchant banking
activities such as loan syndication, capital issue
underwriting of issues, etc. For this purpose VIISL proposes
apply to SEBI for registration as a Category I Merchant
The Company has been granted membership to the Capital Market
Segment of the National Stock Exchange.
- Vans Communications Private Limited is a 100% subsidiary of
- The Company also proposes to set up a merchant banking
1996 - The company has launched its new version of VANS. COM and has
also moved from a single product company to a one stop
with the launch of its online databases: Prospectus and The
Business Standard and Business Line online and the Industry
- The company has signed an agreement with Times Syndication
Services to market electronic information products based on
abstraction from the Economic Times and the Times of India
- The company also signed an agreement with Internet
U.K. for distribution of its databases on the internet.
- In Mumbai, the company opened new FINMARTS at Kalbadevi,
Matunga, Fort, Shivaji Park, Dombivl (East) and Dombivli
The company has opened three FINMARTS in Pune, one at
and is contemplating to open more in the states of
and Karnataka during the course of the current financial year.
1998 - Vans Information and Investor Services Ltd, has launched Vans
Electronic Library on CD-ROM. The library consists of the
full-text collection of leading Indian publications on
with a powerful text retrieval engine, and is published in
partnership with the various publications.
1999 - Vans Information and Investor Services Ltd has announced the
launch of its electronic library on CD-ROM which will have
full text collection of 12 leading Indian publications.
2000 - Vans Information & Investor Services, a Mumbai-based news and
medical content aggregation company, is going in for a
placement of part of its equity.
- VANs Information and Investment Services Ltd (VIISL),
Popular Prakashan - a leading publisher of social
medicine and cookery books - has now made a foray to
business with the launch of a medical portal.
- The company has mobilised Rs 15 crore through a private
which was solely arranged by Prime Securities a month
company made a preferential allotment of 15 lakh shares
at Rs 100
- Mumbai-based Vans Information and Information Services
planning to launch a major Web portal for medical
and a mega horizontal portal thought agglomeration of
- The Company allotted on 23rd February, 6,27,500 shares,
up equity shares capital of the company has been
the present level of 4,63,00,000/- to 5,25,75,000/-.
- The Company approved to issue and allot 18,50,000
an option to the warrantholders to acquire for every
equity share of Rs 10/- each at a premium of Rs 151/-
to the promoters/directors of the company, their
employee and Business India Publication Ltd.
- The Board of Directors of the company has granted 5300
option under ESOS,
with each option entitling the holder thereof to apply
for ad be allotted ten
equity shares of the company of Rs. 10/- each.
- During the quarter the Company issued 5,300 Stock Options
to certain employees
under the Employees Stock Option Scheme which are
convertible into 53,000 Equity
-Vans Information Ltd has appointed Mr. Ajay P Shanghavi, as Managing
Director (MD) of the Company, on remuneration, terms & conditions.
- Company name has been changed from Vans Information Ltd to In House
- In House Productions - E-mail ID for Investors Complaints is