1984 - The Company was incorporated on 13th January, as a private
limited company under the name of Tata Process Control Pvt.
1987 - The Company entered into a technical collaboration agreement
Honeywell Inc., on 17th March for state-of-the-art technology
Honeywell's process control and management systems, under the
trade name TDC-3000 and/or Digitronic Single Strategy
- Honeywell had also granted exclusive right and licence to
Honeywell to manufacture TCD-3000 systems in India.
1988 - It was converted into a public limited company on 20th June,
the name was changed to Tata Honeywell Ltd. The Company was
promoted jointly by Tata Industries Ltd., and Honeywell Inc.,
- The Company undertook to set up a project for the manufacture
Honeywell's TDC-3000 Distribute Control Systems in India, a
leading process control system involving advance digital
- Allotted 19,95,000 shares to promoters, directors, etc. and
19,95,000 shares to Honeywell Inc., U.S.A. at par. 2,50,000
shares reserved and allotted on a preferential basis to
employees, etc. of the company and those of promoter
7,60,000 shares offered at par to the public in November.
1989 - Series 9000 systems were launched to meet the requirements of
small control applications and the 620 LCS programmable
1990 - Several important projects for TDC-3000 systems were executed
new systems such as series 9000 and LCS-620 Series PLCS for
smaller market were introduced.
1991 - Honeywell's latest state-of-the-art Process Manager was
introduced and the Company commenced marketing of smart
transmitters in India which find application in chemical
fertiliser and other process industries.
- As a step towards indigenisation, a printed wire assembly
manufacturing facility was established for the manufacture of
high volume PWAS of two products lines.
- During the year, building automation systems were launched in
1992 - The Company Commissioned during the year a complex integrated
system for the TISCO blast furnace `G' plant.
- In April 1993, 20,00,000 Rights shares allotted (prem. Rs 25
share prop. 2:5). Another 80,000 shares offered to
etc. (prem. Rs 25 per share) (only 79,700 shares taken up).
- During the year, the Company was awarded and executed several
important orders for TDC-3000 systems in the refinery,
petrochemicals, steel, power and pharmaceutical sectors.
1993 - Honeywell's new generation Automotion Platform Total Plant
introduced and the company marketed Building Automotion
systems for Air-Conditioning, Fire Detection and security
- The Company successfully commissioned the systems for Tata
chemicals cement plant, Indian Oil Corporations Hydrocracker
Atomospheric Unit I and United Carbon's Carbon Black Plant.
1994 - The Industrial Control Systems is the largest segment of the
company's business, accounting for 80% of its revenue.
- The Company delivered 28 and commissioned 21 medium/large
TDC-3000 systems during the year.
- During the year the Company was awarded the prestigious ISO
certificate which is the key to the TQM.
- The Company is the first and only company in India in the
of Industrial Automation and Control to be awarded this
- For the third time in a row, the Company has won the
Asia Pacific Regional Profitable Growth Award.
1995 - During the year Company successfully set up the Smart
Configuration Centre for local manufacture of Honeywell S 900
Series Smart Transmitters.
1996 - The Company established a new platform-SCAN 3000 for small
- 17,61,997 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a prem. of Rs
per share allotted on rights basis.
1997 - The Company enhanced its product portfolio by introducing
analyzer as a result of Honeywell's acquisition of Leeds and
Northrop Analyzer Division.
1998 - HPCL awarded Tata Honeywell a turnkey contract for off-site
automation of their oil movement & storage systems at their
- HPL has signed an MoU with Tata Honeywell under which all
turnkey contractors of HPL will procure their distribution
control systems and smart transmitters from Tata Honeywell.
1999 - THL, a joint venture between Tata Industries and the US-based
Honeywell Corp, has taken over distribution rights from
Honeywell India for the systems business in its industrial
automation segment from January 1999.
- Tata Honeywell, a joint venture between Tata Industries and
Honeywell of the US, plans to expand its industrial
and control business to the oil and gas industry and to new
plants being set-up in the country.
- THL was selected as the best affiliate/joint venture of 1998
demonstrating the best overall business performanace.
- The merger of Honeywell Inc and Allied Signal internationally
could signal additional new business opportunities for Tata
Honeywell, the joint venture between Honeywell and Tata
- The merger agreement between Honeywell and Allied Signal
lead to a global technology company with revenues of $ 25
2000 - Tata Honeywell signed a memorandum of understanding with
Securities to form a joint venture company to address
emerging need for Central Monitoring & Response Services
electronic security solutions.
- The Company launched electronic security solutions in
- Tata Honeywell has entered into a 50:50 equity joint
the International security firm Group 4 Securitas to
central monitoring and quick security response services
electronic security solutions to residents of India's
- The Company is all set to expand its presence in
security solution segment with its new range of
- Tata Honeywell Ltd. a joint venture between Tata
the US-based Honeywell, launched its Total Security
consisting of sensors, control panels, signalling
switches and auto dialers.
- Tata Honeywell's Hi-spec Solutions India entered into an
with US-based PSDI for offering the latter's enterprise
solutions process and manufacturing sector in the
- Tata Honeywell's Hi-spec solutions ndia entered into an
US-based PSDI for offering the Latter's enterprise
solutions to the process and manufacturing sector in
the Indian sucontinent.
- Tata Honeywell Ltd. and Group4 Securitas Guarding Ltd.
have entered into
a 50:50 joint venture to form a new company called
central Monitoring Services
- Tata Honeywell Ltd. the Industrial Security and
Automation Company, has entered
the home and small commercial establishments security
market with the launch of
its Total Security Solutions.
-Indian Oil Corporation ties up with Honeywell for its information
technology re-engineering project 'Manthan'.
-Receives largest overseas order for automation of paper machine from
Gaap insat Turkey valued at 1.8million USD with additional add on
orders worth 1 million.
-Tata Honeywell enters agreement with Gensym to sell automation
-Members of are hereby informed that the name of Tata Honeywell
Limited shall be changed to Honeywell Automation India Limited and
the trading symbol of the company be changed from TATAHONEY to HONAUT
w.e.f. March 24, 2005
-Honeywell Automation India introduces Experion Process Knowledge
System (PKS) R300 which features an innovative redesign of its
automation and control platform hardware.
-Honeywell Automation India Ltd has appointed Mr. Jack Bolick as the
new Chairman of the Company.
- Honeywell Safety Manager Attains Certification From Factory
- Honeywell Automation India Limited receives the Frost & Sullivan
Brand Leadership and the Product Leadership Awards in the Indian DCS
- Honeywell Introduces Advanced Energy Solutions For Industrial Power
- Honeywell expands their Energy Efficiency Portfolio.
- Honeywell Recognised For Dedication To Workplace Health And Safety
With Two International Safety Awards.
- Honeywell Launches New Remote Collaboration, Optimization And
- Honeywell Chosen By Krakatau Steel To Improve Energy Efficiency And
- Honeywell Supplies Control And Safety Systems For Rwe Dea’S New
North Sea Platforms.
- Honeywell Boosts Smart Temperature Transmitter Portfolio With
Enhancements To Stt 250 Line.
- The Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on
February 09, 2012, inter alia, has recommended dividend of Rs. 10 per