- Joint Collaboration Agreement with Honda Motor Co. Ltd. Japan
- The Company was Incorporated on 19th January, at New Delhi. The
Company Manufacture motor cycles upto 100 cc capacity. The Company
was promoted by Hero Cycles (P) Ltd. (HCPL).
- The Company entered into a technical-cum-financial collaboration
agreement with Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Japan (HML). As per this
collaboration agreement, HML was to furnish complete technical
information and know-how and trade secrets and other relevant data.
- Hero Honda CD-100 is the first four stroke motorcycle to be
introduced in India in 100cc range. Its most attractive features are
fuel efficiency and its light weight. CD-100 will be equipped with
electronic ignition system, illuminated speedometer, 4 speed gear
box, neutral and flasher indicators, etc.
- 15 No. of equity shares subscribed for by the promoters, etc. In
November, 119,99,985 No. of equity shares issued at par of which
71,99,985 shares reserved for allotment as under:
- (i) 31,19,998 shares to Hero Cycles (P) Ltd., Hero Investments (P)
Ltd., and Bahadur Chand Investments (P) Ltd.
- (ii) 31,20,000 shares to Honda Motor Co. Ltd., Japan and
- (iii) 9,59,987 shares to friends and association of promoters. Out
of the balance 48,00,000 shares, 2,40,000 shares were reserved for
subscription by the employees of the Company and 96,000 shares by
business associates. The remaining 44,64,000 shares were offered at
par for public subscription during November.
- The Company embarked on its 2nd phase of expansion of increasing
its installed capacity from 1,20,000 to 1,50,000 vehicles per annum
by the addition of several critical aliminium and steel components.
- 36,00,000 rights equity shares issued at par in prop. 3:10.
- The Company offered 6,00,000 - 15% secured redeemable
non-convertible debentures of Rs 100 each for cash at par on rights
basis in the proportion 1 debenture: 18 equity shares.
- Another 3,00,000 - 15% debentures were allotted to retain
oversubscription. The debentures were to be redeemed at a premium of
Rs 5 per debenture on the expiry of the 7th year from the date of
allotment of the debentures.
- 3,75,000 rights equity shares issued at par in prop. 3:10.
- The Company introduced a new model Sleek during July.
- 850 No. of equity shares forfeited.
- The Company was planning to launch a new model motor cycle-CD 100
SS sutiable to semi-rural conditions. In the domestic market the
Company was reported to have a market share of 46%.
- 850 forfeited shares reissued.
- The Company proposed to expand the capacity of existing plant at
Dharuhera to 2,40,000 nos. per annum. Another plant with an
installed capacity of 1,50,000 nos. per annum at Gurgaon Industrial
Estate was being set up.
- The Company issued 39,79,500 bonus shares to the existing
shareholders in the ratio of 1:4. The Company also issued 28,557
number of fractional coupons representing 14,250 shares against which
shares shall be allotted to presenting the same for consolidation and
- The Company's production and turnover increased to 1,83,490
motorcycles and Rs.483.85 crores respectively due to growth in demand
for two wheelers and declining inflation.
- 14,420 bonus shares issued by way of consolidation of fractional
- A new Technical Collaboration Agreement has been signed with Honda
Motor Co. Ltd., Japan for the period upto the year 2004 which
includes technology related to models of higher Engine displacement.
- The Company alloted 39,79,500 No. of Equity Shares of Rs. 10/- each
as Bonus shares on 7th February, by way of capitalisation of General
- The Company had issued 28557 No. of Fractional Coupons representing
14.250 shares against which the Shares shall be alloted on presenting
the same for consolidation and allotment.
- Hero Honda Motors has launched its newest motorcycle, the Street, a
100 cc bike designed for use in congested urban traffic conditions.
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd (HHML) has set up a new motorcycle plant in
Gurgaon, near Delhi for the manufacture of the Honda Super Cub 100 cc
- Hero Honda has set up a new state-of-the-art plant, heralding a new
phase of development of motorcycle industry in India, to provide the
most modern and technologically advanced production facilities.
- Hero Motors of the Rs.1,600 crore Hero group, as part of its
globalisation plan, has set up a plant in Brazil for manufacturing
hero winner scooters.
- A new step thru model `Street-100' with unique feature was launched
on 24th January.
- The company proposes to increase the share capital to 5 crore
equity shares of Rs. 10 each, 4 lakh cumulative redeemable preference
shares of Rs. 100 each and 4 lakh cumulative convertible preference
shares of Rs. 100 each with power to increase or reduce it from time
- The company further proposes to capitalise Rs. 19,96,87,500 from
general reserve to share capital through issue and allotment of bonus
shares. Altogether, 1,99,68,750 fully paid bonus shares will be
allotted and distributed to members of the company holding equity
shares of the company in the proportion of one bonus share for every
fully paid equity shares of Rs.10 each.
- Motorcycles major Hero Honda is considering entry into scooters in
collaboration with partners, Honda Motors, after the Japanese company
decided to walk out of Kinetic Honda, their scooter venture with the
Firodias of Pune.
- Honda Motors recently pulled out of its joint venture with the
Firodias in which it held a 51 per cent equity stake.
- Honda Motor Company Ltd of Japan (Honda) and Kinetic Honda Motor
Ltd (KHML) have signed a five-year licence and technical assistance
agreement under which KHML will continue to receive the technical
knowhow, critical vehicle parts and access to Honda's markets even
after the sale of Honda stake in KHML to Kinetic Engineering Ltd
- The Company changed the paradigm in two-wheelers by launching the
most powerful and fast bike- CBZ(ee) with a unique feature of
Transient Power Fuel Control (TPEC) system.
- 23,962,500 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd (HHML) and 20th Century Finance Corporation
Ltd have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for financing of
Hero Honda motorcycles.
- The company, a joint venture between Honda Motor Company of Japan
and Hero group of India to produce four-stroke motorcycles, also aims
to increase its share by 1 per cent to 38.6 per cent during the
- Leading two-wheelers manufacturer Hero Motors has formed a joint
venture with Briggs Stratton of US to develop and manufacture
four-stroke engines for mopeds and scooters in India, a top company.
- Honda Motor Company of Japan has decided to re-enter the scooter
market in India as also foray into three-wheelers in a joint
initiative with its existing joint venture company Hero Honda Motors
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd. and Tata Finance Ltd. have signed a national
tie-up agreement. The Company is the largest manufacturer of
motorcycles in the country.
- The Company will relaunch its stepthru Stree Smart on Baisakhi 13th
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd (HHML), has launched an upgraded version of
the existing step-through motorcycle - the Hero Honda Street.
- The Company was ranked as the 9th Highest Value Creator among 12
industry groups within the Bombay Stock Exchange top 100 companies
over a five year period (1994-99).
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd. has launched a new 100cc motorcycle named
- The Company has secured shareholders' approval for splitting one
equity share of Rs 10 each into five equity shares of Rs 2 each in
the ratio of 1:5.
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd. has become the largest seller of motorcycles
amongst all Honda companies and ventures in the world by selling one
million motorcycles during the current financial year.
- Credit rating Agency Crisil has reaffirmed outstanding `AAA' rating
assigned to the proposed Rs 15 crore non-convertible debenture issue,
Rs 16 crore commercial paper programme and fixed deposit programme of
Hero Honda Motors.
- Promoter-Chairman of the country’s largest motorcycle manufacturing
company, Hero Honda Ltd, Brijmohan Lall Munjal has bagged the
prestigious Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year (EOY) award here
on September 27.
-Company included in the 30 companies Bombay Stock Exchange index
-Becomes the world's largest two wheeler company by selling 1.3
million vehicles in 2001
-Japanese automaker Honda Motor for the first time decides to source
motorcycles from its Indian joint venture Hero Honda to sell as
'Honda' brandname in Vietnam
-Royalty to the Japanese parent, Honda Motor Co, hiked to Rs 630 per
vehicle as compared to the flat royalty of Rs 200 on existing models
like Splendor and Passion
-Approves Foreign Institutional Investors (FIIs) to increase their
stake from the present 24 per cent to 40 per cent
-Comes out as the most profitable two-wheeler company in the country
during the trailing four quarters by overtaking second-largest
player, Bajaj Auto
-Launches Ambition, a 133 cc 11 BHP vehicle
-Unveils Smart, a 75 cc step-thru
-Comes out with a free insurance scheme worth Rs 1,000 for all its
-Bajaj Auto goes ahead of Hero Honda in market capitalisation (m-cap)
growth in the last fifteen months
-Achieves a landmark sales turnover of over Rs 5,000 crore during
-Launches its cheapest 100cc motorbike 'CD Dawn'
-Hikes production capacity at two of its manufacturing facilities to
three lakh units
-Hero Honda and SBI Cards launch co-branded credit card for Hero
-Achieves milestone by producing five million bikes from its
Dharuhera plant in Haryana
-Launches its new 223-cc, 16.8 BHP Karizma at Rs 79,000
-Joins hands with Small Industries Service Institute (SISI) to train
the unemployed youth who have finished diplomas
-Initiates a new dealer credit system which will bring down its
receivable levels to around seven days and save the company Rs 100
-Introduces Passion Plus, new version of Passion motorcycle
-Forges marketing pact with Aprilia, the Italian bike maker, to
introduce its range of motoscooters and top-end motorcycles in India
-The company has bagged two Total Customer Satisfaction (TCS)
-Hero Honda Karizma bags BBC Bike of the Yr Award
-Hero Honda retreats Ambition
-Hero Honda unveils new version of Ambition
-Hero Honda's Dawn emerges as largest entry-level bike
-Hero Motors introduces 'Sting' new 4-stroke bike
-Hero Motors has announced a licensing agreement with Austria-based
Bombardier-Rotax that will provide 125cc-175cc engines for the
upcoming `Hero Aprilia' range of scooters.
-Hero Honda renews alliance with Honda Motor
-Two-wheeler major Hero Honda and SBI Card, the credit card arm of
State Bank of India, have joined hands to launch India's first
co-branded credit card in the two-wheeler industry
-New product launches widen HHML's product portfolio
-Two-wheeler major Hero Honda on October 5 announced launch of its
first scooter 'Pleasure'
-Hero Honda rolls out 150-cc motorcycle Achiever
-Hero Honda launches CBZ variant X-treme
-Hero Honda announced the launch of two new variants the new
'Glamour' and 'Passion Plus' limited edition.
- Hero Honda is the World No. 1 for the 5th year in a row
- 15 million production milestone achieved
-Hero Honda Motors Ltd. has appointed Mr. Yutaka Kudo as Director and
Whole-time Director of the Company in the category of Executive
Director w.e.f. April 1, 2007.
- Hero Honda is the World No. 1 for the 6th year in a row
- New 'Splendor NXG' launched
- New 'CD Deluxe' launched
- New 'Passion Plus' launched
- New motorcycle model 'Hunk' launched
- 20 million production milestone achieved
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd has informed that Mr. Arun Nath Maira. has
been appointed as an Additional Director in the category of Non
Executive and Independent Director w.e.f. December 20, 2008 by the
Board of Directors by way of passing a resolution by circulation.
- Hero Honda Haridwar Plant inauguration
- New 'Pleasure' launched
- Splendor NXG lauched with power start feature
- New motorcycle model 'Passion Pro' launched
- New 'CBZ Xtreme' launched
- 25 million production milestone achieved
- CD Deluxe lauched with power start feature
- New 'Glamour' launched
- New 'Glamour Fi' launched
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd has appointed Mr. Ravi Nath as an Additional
Director in the category of Non Executive and Independent Director
w.e.f. October 14, 2009 by the Board of Directors by way of Passing a
resolution by circulation on October 14, 2009.
- Hunk' (Limited Edition) launched
- Splendor completed 11 million production landmark
- New motorcycle model 'Karizma - ZMR' launched
- Silver jubilee celebrations
- Hero Honda - Honda & Hero Honda sign MoU for New Licensing
- Hero Honda on September 2 launched the new model of Super Splendor
that comes with 'Honda intelligent ignition system' (HIIS). Priced at
- New licensing arrangement signed between Hero and Honda (Hero Honda
is renamed as Hero)
- Launch of new refreshed versions of Glamour, Glamour Fi, CBZ
- Crosses the landmark figure of 5 million cumulative sales in a
- Hero Honda Motors Ltd has received a fresh copy of Certificate of
Incorporation consequent upon change of name from Hero Honda Motors
Ltd. to Hero MotoCorp Limited.
- Hero Honda rolled out the updated variants of their 125 cc
motorcycle namely Glamour and Glamour FI where the new Hero Honda
Glamour will be priced at Rs 50,500 for the drum brake variant and Rs
52,500 for the disc brake variant.
-Company has changed its name from Hero Honda Motors Ltd. to Hero
- Hero Honda - Hero Motocorp Forms Strategic Parternership With Erik
Buell Racing of USA
- Hero Motorcorp signed deal with a European design and technology
- Hero MotoCorp joins hands with HDFC Bank to offer financing at
- Hero Investment Pvt. Ltd. to Merge with Hero Motocorp Ltd.
- Hero MotoCorp tied up with US-based Erik Buell Racing (EBR) to
outsource technology to be used for its high-end bikes.
-Hero Motocorp Commences Construction Of Its New Plant & Global Parts
-Hero Motocorp Launches Another Market First Offers Warranty Of 5
Years On All Its Two-Wheelers
-Hero Motocorp Commences Construction Of Its GAME-CHANGING Centre Of
Global Innovation And Research & Design
-Hero Motocorp Sets Yet Another Milestone In Its Journey Of
Technological Leadershiphero Motocorp Zooms Ahead With Record Retail
Sales Of Over 1.2 Million Units In Oct-Nov
-Hero Motocorp Heralds A New Era Of Technology Leadership
-Hero Motocorp Sets New Benchmark For The Global Two Wheeler
-Hero Motocorp Launches Splendor Ismart With Game Changing I3s
-Hero Motocorp Sets New Industry Benchmark With Record Sales For A
Non - Festive Month
-Hero Motocorp Rides Into A Greener Tomorrow With GARDEN Factory
-Hero MotoCorp Augments Leadership with Highest-ever Calendar Year
Sales in 2014
-Hero MotoCorp has launched a new entry level commuter, the HF Dawn
-Hero MotoCorp has been allocated a 592-acre site to facilitate
development of its Rs.1600-crore Greenfield manufacturing unit in
-Hero MotoCorp launches new Passion Pro bike
-HMCL Americas INC enters into Settlement Agreement to Acquire EBR's
-Hero MotoCorp has commenced operation in their first ever plant
outside India established in Villa Rica, Colombia