- The Company was incorporated as a Public Limited Company on 4th
September. The Company manufactures detergent grade zeolite and
zeolite based synthetic detergents, both in powder, as well as in
form. Zeolite based detergents in addition to being environment
friendly, leave less deposits on fabrics and washing machine parts.
- The Company is promoted jointly by M/s. Tamilnadu Petroproducts
Chennai (TPL) and M/s. Henkel KGaA, Germany.
- The company is launching the Fa International bodycare range in
- The Company had acquired around 45 acres of land in Thirunallar
Commune, Karaikal for setting up the Project.
- The Company proposes to manufacture and market a range of zeolite
based detergent products.
- The Company successfully commissioning the project commenced
commercial production during March.
- The Company had entered into a distribution arrangement with Tata
Mills Company Limited (TOMCO).
- The Company has been utilising natural gas, which is being
by Gas Authority of India Ltd.
- The Company has entered into a buy-back arrangement with M/s
KGaA, Germany for 4000 MTPA of Zeolite which is an intermediate
raw-material for the manufacture of detergent.
- The Company has been maintaining the highest standards of Safety
pollution Control Measures and to Monitor this a separate department
has been established.
- A Distribution Agreement was entered into with Union Carbide India
Ltd. (UCIL) to enable the Company to distribute its products in the
Northern, Eastern and Western Zones.
- The Company has launched Premium Detergent Bar under the Brand
`ZYMO' and the Premium Detergent Powder under the Brand name
- The Company was accredited with ISO 9002 certification by M/s BVQI
October which has served as a basis to enhance the quality of our
product to provide increased value and satisfaction to customers.
- From October/November, Henko started with a new commercial and
new promotional activities.
- The Company's rights issue of 2,69,10,000 equity shares of Rs.
each at par to the existing shareholders of the company on 1:1 basis
was fully subscribed.
- In June along with the launch of Henko Bar, Henko Powder was
relaunched as `Henko Stain Champion' in Southern parts of India.
- White Giant was relaunched in Southern parts of India during July
White Giant Heavy Duty with the intention of catering to the growing
mid range segment of the detergent powder market.
- The Company's name has been changed from SPIC Fine Chemicals
to Henkel SPIC India Ltd., with effect from 3rd April.
- In March, Henkel Spic signed a memorandum of understanding with
Calcutta-based liquor company Shaw Wallace to acquire Calcutta
Chemicals and Detergents India.
- The Company made a preferential issue of 200 lacs equity shares of
Rs.10/- each to the Foreign promoter, Henkel KGaA, Germany during
at a price computed as per the SEBI Guidelines resulting in their
in the share capital increasing to around 46%.
- Henko Powder was re-launched in the South during January with
improved formulation, perfume, packaging and advertisement supported
an attractive consumer promotion scheme.
- Henkel-Spic, the consumer products joint venture company, has begun
one-month due diligence exercise of Shaw Wallace & Co (SWC)'s
products division (CPD).
- The company launched Neem toothpaste in lamitube packing
and also relaunched its Tuhina cream in a new pearlised pack.
- Henko Megastar, a world class compact detergent powder was
in South during January and in other zones during June. This brand
supported through TV and consumer promotions to generate trials.
- Henko Megastar is proposed to be relaunched as Henko Compact
the first quarter of 2000 with the objective of strengthening the
presence in the compact market.
- Pril the international utensil Cleaner brand of Henkel was
nationally in January the response for which has been quite positive
despite the liquid segment being very small.
- The Company has successfully obtained the coveted ISO 14001
certification from M/s. TUV, a German Certifying body making it the
first detergents plant ill India to receive such certificate and the
first company in Asia amongst Henkel Group to receive the same.
- The company has allotted 2.80 Crs. 9% Non-cumulative Convertible
Redeemable Preference Shares of Rs. 10 each to Henkel KGaA, Germany,
Redeemable at the option of the Board at any time during the period
10 years by way of Private Placement.
- The Company has issued 3.69 Crs. Equity Shares of Rs.10/- each at
premium of Rs.35/- per share and the same was oversubscribed by 1.13
- The Chennai-based Henkel Spic India Ltd is all set to drastically
prune the erosion in its networth caused by the accumulated losses
come out of the status of potential sick unit.
- Henkel Spic, a relatively recent entrant into the Indian
market, has a strong presence in the South, with brands such as
- The company manufactures detergent powder, bar and zeolites in
technical collaboration with Henkel KGaA, Germany.
- Henkel Spic has already entered into an agreement to acquire a 60
cent stake in Detergents Indian Ltd from companies in the Shaw
group at Rs. 51 per share.
- The company has entered into agreement with NSDL for
dematerialisation of the shares.
- The company proposed to issue 57 lakh equity shares of Rs. 10 each
Henkel KGaA on preferential basis to help increase Henkel's holding
over 50 per cent.
- The Company launched the Fa brand of body soaps, talcum powders,
deodorant sprays and roll-ons in Chennai.
- The Company has reshuffled the board of its newly acquired
subsidiary, The Calcutta Chemical Co Ltd, inducting five nominees on
the 10-member board.
- Henkel Spic India Ltd has relaunched its flagship detergent brand
`Henko Stain Champion Detergents' across the country.
- The Company has acquired more than 90% and 95% of the fully
Equity Share Capital of The Calcutta Chemical Company Ltd. and
Detergents India Ltd.
- The Company has tied up with women's magazine Femina to promote
Miss India context for the next three years from 2001-2003.
- Henkel Spic India Ltd., the Indian arm of the global FMCG giant
Henkel KgaA has relaunched Neem toothpaste as Neem Active.
- Henkel is set to launch the Fa men toiletries range in Oceanic and
-Seeks million , as part of low cost fund infusion from its German
-Strikes 92% hike in pre-tax profit at Rs.5.83cr.
-Forms a separate division in hair care and releases a variety of
hair care products like hair colourants under schwarzkopf brand.
-Henkel- Loctile finds it tough to win over customers in India,
because of their use of traditional devices.
-Re-launches its motherbrand Margo soap with a new look, fragrance
and formulation in the market.
-Secures financial aid amounting to 5.1 million euros from its parent
-Detergent behemoth Henkel Spic secures approval from Foreign
Investment Promotion Board to extend the validity of its stake hike
in Indian arm.
-Launches its Prilbrand dishwash bar in two variants, lime & vinegar
and orange & vinegar.
-Henkel contemplates on acquisitions of cosmetics, soap co's
-Henkel SPIC India has announced a series of consumer offers on their
flagship brands Henko Stain Champion and Mr White.
-Henkel Spic sets up 'Fa-Fresh Zone' in Chennai