- HCL Technologies Limited was originally incorporated on 12th
November, as HCL Overseas Limited. The certificate of commencement
of business was received on 10th February, 1992. On July 14, 1994,
the name of the Company was changed to HCL Consulting Limited. The
Company changed its name to HCL Technologies Limited on 6th October
1999 to better reflect the line of activities of the Company.
- HCL provides new technology development services to its clients.
- The 50:50 joint venture with Perot Systems Corporation in the year,
provided access to high value client base of Perot Systems.
- The Company has one of the largest software development
infrastructures in India. This state-of-the-art infrastructure,
which comprises seven software factories, is designed to take
advantage of the high productivity and scalability as well as the
cost of software development in India.
- The Company started addressing the markets in Europe and Asia
- The company has a rich heritage in technologies like the Internet
and e-Commerce, networking and internetworking, Internet telephony,
telecom, embedded software, ASIC/VLSI design and testing, satellite
communication, wireless communication and component based object
technologies like COM, DCOM and CORBA.
- The Company has the capability to work with a wide variety of
computing platforms ranging from Open Client Server systems
comprising all flavors of UNIX, Microsoft platforms, AS/400 to
enterprise servers like IBM Mainframes.
- The Company also offers strategic methodology consulting led
services through its wholly owned subsidiary Intelicent Inc. to
- The company announced its public issue on November 10th, of Rs.
1,42,00,000 neq equity shares of Rs. 4/- each. The issue includes a
Book Built Portion of 1,27,80,000 equity shares and Fixed Price
Portion of 14,20,000 equity shares.
- The company announced on November 11 that it has signed a five-year
contract with Gtech and Kla Tencor.
- HCL Technologies has created wholly-owned subsidiaries to cater to
specific geographic regions. Its major subsidiary is HCL
Technologies America, 100 per cent owned by the company.
- The Company has set up a dedicated offshore development centre in
Chennai for KLA-Tencor Corporation, a supplier of process control and
yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related
- HCL Comnet, the wholly-owned subsidiary of HCL Technologies in
association with its new partner Globeset Inc., is scouting for large
Internet Service Providers and payment gateways in India to introduce
Net security management solutions.
- The Company will set up an offshore development centre for the
.1-billion semiconductor company, Conexant Inc, in India.
- HCL Comnet, a wholly owned subsidiary of HCL Technologies will
invest Rs. 20 crore in the next one year to set up a network
operation centre in Delhi and has tied up with Hewlett Packard.
- HCL Technologies, the Shiv Nada controlled software major, has
invested in five venture capital funds that specialise in high
technology, particularly internet technology, related areas.
- HCL Technologies, in a move to further strengthen its position in
the infotech sector, has decided to extend its product base and focus
on a range of high value-added products and services.
- HCL Infinet Ltd, the new Internet services subsidary of HCL
Infosystems, has tied up with UBS Publishers' Distributors Ltd, one
of the largest distributors of books in the country for its soon to
be launched portal to sell books on-line.
- Armed with 0 million incash reserves, infotech company HCL
Technologies is in the process of acquiring companies in both Europe
and the US as part of its expansion drive.
- HCL Technologies has approved, subject to necessary approvals, to
split each equity share of Rs 4 into two equity share of Rs 2 each.
- HCL Technologies has entered into a tie-up with BroadVision Inc, a
provider of personalised e-business applications, to act as a
distributor for the latter's customised software, services, support,
maintenance and other related activities.
- Goldman Sachs has rated Infosys Technologies and HCL Technologies
as market outperformers and amongst the best quality names in the
- The Company launched the second Nokia professional centre in New
Delhi, second among the chain of centres planned by the company
across the country.
- HCL Technologies Ltd will be acquiring about 40 per cent equity
stake in an Indian networking product company as part of its
- Shiv Nadar-promoted HCL Technologies Ltd is looking at the
possibility of opening a software technology development centre in
- The Company has signed a five-year strategic partner agreement,
with NCR Corp. to develop customer relationship management, store
automation and payment system.
- The Company signed an agreement with Toshiba Information Systems of
Japan to set up an offshore development centre in India, for the
- HCL Technologies has entered into a strategic alliance with
Nasdaq-listed Vitesse Semiconductor ot develop software solutions for
global networking markets.
- The Company is setting up a dedicated offshore centre for Vitesse
Semiconductor for design and application support services.
- HCL Comnet Systems & Services Ltd., a fully-owned subsidiary of HCL
Technologies, is entering into the business of Web-enabling
applications through the launch of demand-chain management solutions.
- HCL InfiNet has been rated the best among 16 Internet service
providers by ZDNetIndia.com, a technology portal and magazine.
- HCL Technologies October 29 announced that it would pick up 100 per
cent stake in Northern Ireland-based IT-enabled services company
Apollo Contact Centre in two phases. In the first phase, HCL
Technologies would pick up 90 per cent stake in Apollo Contact Centre
million from British Telecom (BT), the owner of Apollo Contact
Centre.Initially, HCL Technologies, would pay .5 million either
directly or through any of its subsidiaries to acquire 90 per cent
equity in Apollo Contact Centre.
- HCL Perot, a joint venture of HCL Technologies, which already has
two levels of re-dundancy in Delhi and Bangalore, is now backing them
up with centres in the UK and US. It is setting up a development
centre in Woking, South of London and plans to add another in Dellas
by the end
of the year.
- HCL Technologies today announced the appointment of Anupam Puri,
management consultant with McKinsey and Co, as member on its board of
- HCL Technologies Ltd on June 1, 2002 announced a 100% acquisition
of Gulf Computers Inc, USA.
- HCL Technologies Ltd announced the formation of a strategic
technology joint venture with Jones Apparel Group, Inc. Jones Apparel
Group, Inc. a Fortune 500 Company, The joint venture is a pioneering
initiative, in synergy with HCL Technologies rebalanced business
portfolio and growth strategy, wherein the Company has identified the
retail vertical as a high focus area. Worldwide, an increased surge in
IT spending in the retail segment is manifesting itself and the market
is expected to grow to USD 35 billion by 2005.
-HCL Technologies Ltd announced on August 16, 2002 that it has
entered into a joint venture with m.a. partners - a management
consulting firm - to address software services opportunities in
Global Finance Markets, especially in the areas of Investment
Banking, Asset Management and Private Banking. m.a. partners brings a
wealth of domain expertise and clients including many of the top
Global Investment Banking firms, to the JV.
-HCL Tech, leading global IT services company, on August 19, 2002
announced a strategic alliance with Sento Corporation, a US based
customer contact solutions Company.
-HCL technologies Ltd has informed BSE that Mr Vineet Nayyar,
Director has resigned as Director of the Company with effect from on
December 19, 2002.
-HCL Technologies Ltd has informed BSE that Mr Anupam Puri Director
resigned from the Board wef May 08, 2003. The Board of Directors has
been expanded with the induction of three new members- Mr Amal
Ganguli, Mr Cyril Shroff & Mr Subroto Bhattacharya.
-Partners with Alayance, a USA based company, to enhance Enterprise
Application Integration expertise
-Signs agreement with SuperH Inc., the leading supplier of multimedia
reduced instruction set computing (RISC) central processing unit (CPU)
cores, enabling the company to become the first member of the 'SuperH
Design Agency' Program
-Members approve Scheme of Arrangement between the Company, HCL
Infosystems Ltd, HCL Infinet Ltd
-Receives 0 ml BPO deal from BT Group, UK's telecom service
-Inks pact with Questa Corp. to provide implementation support for
-Wins mandate from Airbus Industries for the development of embedded
software for the system data acquisition computer of the A-340 flight
-HCL Comnet, a wholly- owned flagship of HCL Technologies, secures Rs
31 crore network management order from National Insurance Corporation
-Partners with Magma Design Automation Inc. to offer expert design
services for leading edge integrated circuit designs
-High Court sanctions Scheme of Arrangement between HCL Infosystems,
HCL Technologies, and HCL Infinet
-Joins the Xperts program of Xilinx Inc (Nasdaq:XLNX), the worldwide
leader of programmable logic solutions
-Signs a multi- year, multi- million dollar collaborative IT
co-sourcing contract with AMD, a leading supplier of integrated
circuits for the personal and networked computer and communications
-Pursuant to Scheme of Arrangement between HCL Infosystems Ltd, HCL
Technologies Ltd, HCL Infinet Ltd and their respective shareholders
and creditors, as approved by Hon'ble High Court of Delhi, the Merger
Committee of HCL Technologies Ltd on August 30, 2003 allots 7,075,154
equity shares of Rs 2/- each fully paid up to the shareholders of HCL
-Registered Office changed to Nehru Place, New Delhi
-Hcl bpo head Sujit Bakshi quits the company
-HCL announced that it has reached an agreement with Perot Systems to
divest its stake in HCL Perot Systems for USD 105.3 Mn. This is for an
all cash consideration.
-US firm acquires HCL's equity in Joint Venture
-Hcl Technologies Ltd has informed that Ambassador Richard Burt,
Director of the company, has retired by rotation at the Annual
General Meeting of the Company held on December 20, 2003 and it was
furthur resolved at the meeting not to fill in the vacancy caused by
-has formally announced that it has bought out the 49.5 per cent
equity shares of erstwhile HCL Perot Systems (HPS) from their joint
venture known as Aircom HPS Wireless Services (AHWS).
-Hcl Technologies Ltd has informed that the shares of the Company
have been delisted from Delhi Stock Exchange (DSE) wef January 23,
-HCL Tech Sets up Insurance Solutions Center in Chennai
-HCL Technologies has entered into a strategic tie-up with IBM
Rational Software, a division of IBM, to strengthen its software
-HCL Technologies Ltd has informed that the Company has on May 18,
2004 announced the appointment of Stuart Drew as Director (Europe)
Global Insurance Practice
-HCL Technologies display new set of software solutions based on
Microsoft's Smarter Retailing Initiative
-HCL Tech arm ties up with Cicada
-HCL Technologies named Microsoft Global Systems Integrator Partner
-HCL Technologies unveils latest RFID based asset management solution
at ESEC, Tokyo
-HCL Technologies Ltd today (July 13, 2004) announced that the
Company has been conferred the prestigious Excellence in Education
Award for 2004 by the Life Office Management Association (LOMA)
- BPO delivery centre in Chennai gets BS7799 certification, by the
British Standards Institute (BSI) on August 27, 2004
-Introduces CrosSView, a framework based Computer Systems Validation
(CSV) methodology for the development of robust software applications
in the Life Sciences arena.
-Delist from the Madras Stock Excahnge Limited (MSE) w.e.f. December
- Enters into an agreement with Agere Systems a global leader in
semiconductors for storage, wireless data and public and enterprise
- Forms partnership with Compuware Corporation, a world leader in
delivering software and services that enable businesses to manage
their enterprises and maximize the value of their IT assets.
- Signs MoU with the Supercomputing Facility for Bioinformatics and
Computational Biology (SCFBio) at IIT Delhi to work collaboratively
on high-end projects in the area of drug discovery and development
including genomics and protemics projects.
-SEBI ties up with HCL Technologies for market surveillance
-HCL Technologies forms joint venture with NEC, Japan
-HCL Technologies launches easy Labelling Solution for US FDA's SPL
-HCL Technologies & Talent & Pro enter into partnership to provide
solutions in Banking, Insurance & Financial Domain to Europe
-HCL Technologies & EXA, Japan announce strategic partnership
-HCL's Infrastructure Services Division ranked a 'Strong Performer'
in Remote Infrastructure Management by an International Research
-HCL Technologies & Qumas signs distribution agreement
-HCL Tech joins hand with Wavesat
-HCL Technologies Launches RoHS Compliance Management System For
Medical Device Users
-HCL enters m outsourcing deal with Teradyne of US
-HCL Launches Trusted ICT Infrastructure Platforms for BPO-ITeS
-HCL appoints Karan Puri Sr. Vice President of Retail, Media &
Entertainment in North America.
-HCL Technologies & Sage sign Alliance to develop Private Wealth
-HCL Technologies Ltd has inked pact with Canada based electronics
manufacturing services company Celestica Inc to jointly design and
manufacture electronic products for global original equipment
- HCL Technologies forms strategic alliance with Eckler to strengthen
Insurance Domain expertise
-HCL Technologies Ltd and Advanced Electronics Company (AEC), a
Riyadh-based Economic Offset Program Company, have signed an
agreement to implement IT (Information Technology) projects in Saudi
-HCL Technologies has forayed into an alliance with 0 million
Saudi Arabian company Advanced Electronics Company (AEC) to implement
IT projects in West Asia.
-HCL Technologies Ltd on June 18, 2007 announced a US million
contract with Alenia Aeronautica, to provide engineering services
that will support the improvement of the C-27J Spartan production
-HCL Technologies Ltd has announced that Vineet Nayar, President of
the Company will assume the CEO chair with effect from October 16,
2007. Shiv Nadar will be the Chairman and Chief Strategy Officer of
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
-HCL to acquire British BPO firm
-HCL BPO to adopt non-linear growth strategy
-HCL completes acquisition of UK's Axon
-HCL wins over Axon board for takeover bid
-HCL Technologies Launches First-of-its-Kind on-Demand Software
- HCL Technologies has entered into a five-year transformational IT
infrastructure management engagement with the Energy Future Holdings
Corporation (EFHC), a Texas-based, privately-held energy company.
-HCL signs a Rs 393 crore, 7 year end-to-end IT Services engagement
with National Insurance Company
-HCL Tech gets outsourcing contract from MTV Networks
-HCL Signs a five year engagement with Energy Future Holdings for IT
Infrastructure Management Services
-HCL receives the International Investor of the Year Prize
-HCL Technologies Emerges as a Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises
-HCL Technologies opens Global Development Center in Brazil to
service growing client base in Latin America, North America and
-HCL Technologies opens Global Development Center in Brazil to
service growing client base in Latin America, North America
- HCL Technologies has announced a partnership with nMatric of the
U.S. for providing intelligent shopfloor solutions to automotive
- HCL Tech - HCL AXON Launches, iControl, a Utility Web Enablement
Solution for Customer Billing and AMI
- HCL Technologies and Talisma enter into a Strategic Partnership
- HCL launches fastest laptop
- HCL Technologies - International Aerospace and Defense Leader
Meggitt Signs Million Global Engineering Transformation Service.
- HCL AXON, a division of HCL Technologies, the world's largest
services provider dedicated to SAP® solutions, announced that it has
signed a strategic Go-To-Market (GTM) partnership and implementation
agreement with NextLabs, Inc., the leader in policy-driven
information risk management solutions.
- HCLTechnologies - HCL enters into a strategic partnership with
- HCL Technologies Ltd 's Lippo and HCL signs Landmark Memorandum of
Understanding In -presence of Indonesian President.
- HCL Technologies - HCL Opens Global Enterprise Mobility Lab in
- HCL Technologies Launches CataLOG; The one-stop Supply Chain
Platform for SME's powered by eBizNET Solutions.
- HCL Technologies - HCL Launches ACE SmartCare Solution at HiMss.
- HCLTechnologies - New Trend in BPO talent acquisition
- HCL Technologies ties up with Orion Edutechs
- HCL, a global IT services company, has another feather in its cap.
According to the reports, the company has been selected by Statoil, a
leading Norwegian energy company, as the partner for strategic
infrastructure management services.
- HCL Technologies enters into strategic relationship with State
Street to provide BPO services.
- HCL Tech bags outsourcing deal from State Street
- HCLTechnolog - HCL BPO Services (NI) announces consultation on
redundancy proposals and recommits itself to Northern Ireland.
- HCL Technologies enters into strategic relationship with Great
American Insurance Group
- HCL wins ICD 10 transformation deal with Blue Shield of
- HCL partners with Cisco to open South Africa Centre of Excellence
(GCoE) in Johannesburg
-HCL Technologies signs a long-term IT services agreement with Nokia
-HCL Technologies Signs a Multi-Year, Multi-Million Dollar
Partnership with Cobham Plc
-HCL Technologies to provide Strategic Business Transformation
Services to Husqvarna Group
-HCL Receives Pegasystems Healthcare Partner Excellence Award
-HCL Technologies Opens Michigan Technology Development Center
-HCL Wins ITSMA’s Diamond and Gold Awards for Marketing Excellence
-HCL receives PHD Chamber Good Corporate Citizen Award 2013
-HCL Technologies receives Best Governed Company Award by Asian
Centre for Corporate Governance & Sustainability
-HCL wins CNBC-TV18's India Business Leader Award for Outstanding
Company of the Year
-HCL Technologies wins The HR Excellence Award 2014
-HCL Technologies launches CTO Straight Talk
-HCL Technologies opens new Global Delivery Centre in Oslo
-HCL Expands U.S. Footprint with New Global Delivery Center in
-HCL Certified as Top Employer in the UK for the Ninth Consecutive
-Tele2 and HCL Technologies form Strategic Alliance
-HCL Technologies and Aegon launch cXstudio for customer-centric
digital channel innovation
-HCL Congratulates Aegon on Celent Model Insurer Award
-HCL celebrates 10 years of successful engagement with Merck & Co.
-HCL has informed Asset Purchase Agreement with Trygstad.
-HCL Technologies wins five-year IT Managed Services Contract with
-HCL announces a United Xperience Lab Offering for institutionalizing
Digital Co-Innovation with customers
-HCL Technologies acquires US based PowerObjects
-The Company has allotted the Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1