- The Company was incorporated on 18th, November, as Glenmark
Pharmaceuticals Private Limited under the Companies Act, 1956, and
became a deemed Public Company on July 1, 1990, then again became a
private Company on September 27, 1990, the word Private was deleted
on July 1, 1991 and became a Public Limited Company on January 12,
- The Company is engaged in Research & Development, manufacturing and
marketing of Pharmaceutical Formulations, domestically as well as
overseas. The Company has two brands i.e. Ascoril Expectorant and
Candid-B among the ORG top 300 leading Pharmaceutical brands in
- The Company has a manufacturing facility at Satpur, Nasik. Besides
manufacturing Oral Tablets, Liquids and Capsules it also equipped to
manufacture Topicals - Creams, Lotions, Ointments and Powders. The
plant has been awarded the WHO GMP Certificate indicative of the
fact that the facilities and operations fully conform to the WHO
requirements on quality standards.
- The company entered the anti-fungal market, where competition was
less due to the relatively smaller market size, by introducing Candid
- The Company launched Candid Lotion. It also introduced Candid V-3,
Candid V-1 and Candid V-Gel.
- The Company launced Candid-B Cream, a topical anti-fungal steroid
combination to target the hitherto untapped market.
- Candid Mouth Paint was launched for oral thrush, targeted at
Paediatricians. The Company launched Ascoril, a cough expectorant,
and it is one of the most successful brands of the Company and is
ranked 103rd as per ORG Aug'99-MAT.
- The Company started a Research and Development Department at it's
- The Company launched Candiderma and it is now the number two brand
in its segment with a market share of 6.6%.
- The Company launched Candid Ear Drops.
- The Company proposes to implement an ERP system, which is expected
to improve operational efficiencies and assist in monitoring
performance. The Company is creating a backbone for setting up the
ERP system including purchase of requisite hardware and connectivity
between Factories/Branches/Depots via leased lines and VSAT.
- The Company proposes to implement the Sales & Distribution and
Finance Module, followed by the Production and Material Resource
- The Company launched Candid TV Suspension and Candidtral.
- The Company has created an Employee Welfare Trust (Trust) called
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited Employee Welfare Trust to implement
the Employee Stock Option Plan.
- The Company established a Cardiac Center at Dadar, in Mumbai.
- Glenmark proposes to set up a drug discovery center in the Thane
Belapur area (suburb of Mumbai).
- The Company proposes to launch line extensions and new products to
expand its product basket in the existing segments and also
capitalise on its doctor penetration. The Company also proposes to
establish a subsidiary in Canada, to penetrate the market.
- The Company allotted 1,75,000 warrants to the Trust for cash on
September 20th, at Rs 1.0 per warrant.
- Altacef, Suprocin, Suprocin B, Scalpe and Elovera were launched
during the year and has been the most successful product by the
Company, recording high growth.
- The company is coming out with a public issue of 26,70,000 equity
shares of Rs. 10 each for cash at a premium of Rs. 190 per share to
fund its proposed expansion plan. The issue will open for
subscription on December 10.
- The company is setting up a soft gel capsule manufacturing facility
at Goa at a total cost of Rs 19.4 crore for exports to US and a
research and development centre in Mumbai at a cost of over Rs 11
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, a Mumbai-based company, will be the first
to test the waters from Industrial sector, viz., pharmaceuticals
sector, while many other companies are waiting in the wing.
- The Glenmark Pharmaceutical scrip opened its innings on the Bombay
Stock Exchange at Rs 550, a whopping 175 per cent increase over the
issue price of Rs 200 (including a premium of Rs 190) per share.
- The Company has entered into a strategic alliance with Haller Group
(HG) of Brazil.
- The Company is to issue 30,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10
each on private placement to finance the R&D and US FDA projects as
also several opportunities for acquisitions and alliances to achieve
- The Company is to increase the borrowing powers from Rs 25 crores
to Rs 150 crores.
- The Company has acquired three brands, viz. Alex, Flucort and
Sensur from Lyka Labs Ltd.
- The board proposes to issue, through private placement, 40,00,000
redeemable cumulative non-convertible preference shares of Rs 100
each bearing dividend of not less than 9 per cent per annum and not
exceeding 10.50 per cent per annum.
-Establishes 'Proof of concept' in animal for their anti-diabetic /
anti -obesity agent GRC-1087 which is a highly potent and selective
human beta 3 andrnoceptor agoinst.
-Company co-opted 3 directors Mr. Rajiv V Desai, Mr A S Mohanty, and
Mr Sameer Paigankar in its board.
-Dr Robin Pinto resigns as the director on the board of the company.
-CDC Financial Services Ltd acquires 25,00,000 convertible debentures
of the company of Rs.100 each.
-Members approve for the disinvestment of company's right, title and
interest in Assets & immovable property relating to manufacturing
facilities located in at Verna, Goa.
-Forays into the US generic markets and has roped in a former
vice-president of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories to run the activities.
-Declares interim dividend of 65% on the paid up equity capital of
-Directors allot 21000 equity shares to employees on ESOP scheme of
-Enters into a marketing arrangement with Philadaphia based Lannett
Company, US to market
the ANDA's .
-Board approves for the sub division of equity shares from Rs.10 to
Rs.2 per share.
-Submitts Initial Drug Master File on Amiodarone
-Fire breaks out at Kurkum factory and manufacturing operations have
-The Company ties up with Apotex, Canada, for the supply of a new
generation bulk drug in cardiac segment.
-Board approves Conversion of Debentures into equity shares at a
price of Rs 305.42 per share, resulting in allotment of 818557 equity
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc, USA signs Development & Marketing
Agreement with KV Pharmaceutical Company.
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has acquired Laboratories Klinger in Brazil
for .2m through its wholly owned subsidiary in Brazil, Glenmark
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd acquires two FDA approved products from
Clonmel Healthcare Ltd
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals SA (Switzerland), a wholly owned subsidiary
of Glenmark Pharmaceuticals India (GPL), has entered into a
collaboration agreement with Forest Laboratories Inc, USA, for the
development and commercialisation of PDE4 (phosphodiesterase 4)
inhibitor GRC 3886 for chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD)
-Glenmark forges alliance with 2 US firms to sell products in US
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals & Teijin Pharma announces Collaboration
Agreement on PDE4 inhibitor GRC 3886
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd has announced that Glenmark
Pharmaceuticals SA (GPSA), a wholly owned Swiss subsidiary of the
Company, acquired an Argentine marketing company Servycal S A
(Servycal) for an undisclosed consideration
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals signs development & marketing agreement
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals - Glenmark USA acquires exclusive marketing
rights to 3 additional generic products
-Glenmark & Paul Capital Partners Sign Unique Royalty Deal for USD 27
mn to build US Generic Dermatology Portfolio
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals US subsidiary inks agreement with Lehigh
-Glenmark Pharmceuticals to acquire generic company in Europe
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals joins hands with US firm
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals received tentative US FDA approval for its
ANDA for Topiramte Tablet
- Glenmark receives MHRA, UK approval for its state-of-the art
semi-solids manufacturing plant at Baddi
- In a 0 million deal with US based Eli Lily, Glenmark
Pharmaceuticals has out-licensed GRC 6211 and a few other smaller
molecules with potential to treat pain. Glenmark has received an
upfront payment of million from Eli Lily and going forward the
companies will share the benefits from the sales when it hits the
market in 2012.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs2/- to Rs1/-.
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals - Glenmark launches Nabumetone &
Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride Table
-Glenmark Pharmaceuticals launches Clobetasol from its niche
-Glenmark Generics launches trandolapril tablets
-Glenmark's subsidiary received USFDA approval for Betamethasone
Dipropionate Cream, 0.05% (Augmented)
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd has informed that Mr. M J Mendonza,
has joined the Company as Vice President - Legal & Company Secretary
with effect from February 06, 2009.
- Glenmark Generics Limited (GGL) has received ANDA approval from the
United States Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA) for
Alclometasone Dipropionate Cream, 0.05% and will commence marketing
and distribution of this product in the U.S. market immediately.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd has appointed Mr. D R Mehta as
Additional Director of the Company. The company has also appointed
Mrs. B E Saldanha as Additional Director of the Company.
- Glenmark Generics Limited's (GGL) US subsidiary has received ANDA
approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration (U.S.
FDA) for Verapamil 240mg Extended Release tablet s and will
immediately commence marketing and distribution in the U.S. market.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd has entered into a settlement and
license agreement with Sepracor Inc to market generic Eszopiclone
- Glenmark wins Two Prestigious Global Recognitions at SCRIP Awards
- Glenmark exercises its purchase option election with respect to its
Royalty agreement with Paul Capital Partner’s Royalty Fund (Paul
- Glenmark forays into Cosmeceutical Segment.
- GBR 500 Deal receives clearance from Hart - Scott- Rodino Anti
trust Improvements Act, USA.
- Forest Laboratories and Glenmark Sign Development Agreement for
Collaboration on Novel Agents to treat Chronic Inflammatory
- Glenmark Generics announces the settlement of Paragraph IV
litigation with Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Glenmark Generics receives tentative approval for zolmitriptan
orally disintegrating tablets.
- The International Centre for Dispute Resolution ruled in favor of
Glenmark on arbitration claim against Napo.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd has informed BSE regarding a Press
Release dated May 16, 2012 titled Glenmark Generics receives
tentative approval for zolmitriptan orally disintegrating tablets
from the U. S. FDA.