- The Company was Incorporated as a private limited company on 23rd
September and converted into public limited company on 16th Sept.
1988. The Company was promoted as a partnership firm in 1936 by
Mr. Anand Chandavarkar for the import of pharmaceutical dosage
specialised infant foods and surgical goods. It was converted into
Pvt. Ltd. Company under the name Fairdeal Corporation Pvt. Ltd. in
- A formulation unit was set up at Jogeshwari.
- During the mid seventies, the Company went in for a backward
integration by setting up a unit for manufacture of basic drugs at
- Effective 24th June, the name of the Company was changed to FDC
- A biotechnology based R & D division was set up at Waluj. Bulk
one formulated into injectables, tablets and capsules at the
- The Company commissioned a new unit at Waluj for manufacture of
ophthalmic products using the labour from latest form/fill/seal
- 72,75,000 No. of equity shares issued to promoters, directors etc.
27,28,200 No. of equity shares were issued at a premium of Rs 90 per
share on 29th January 1996 of which 1,00,000 shares reserved and
allotted to Directors, their friends, relatives and associates. Of
remaining 15,000 shares to UTI on firm allotment.
- Another 1,12,400 shares issued to employees on preferential basis
(only 53,000 shares taken up). Balance 25,00,800 shares issued to
public along with 59,400 shares from employees quota (13,36,980
- The Company introduced for the first time a unique dosage form of
ophthalmics in the form of unit dose without preservating.
- A modern biotechnology Lab was set up at Jogeshwari for Research
- The Company proposed to give a major thrust on computerisation by
switching over from the existing modular hardware and software on to
integrated RDBMS to facilitate dissemination of information
- It was also proposed to set up a communication network by
VSATS for linking all existing units with Corporate Office.
- Fresh capacities were proposed to be built up for bull drugs viz.,
cinnarizone at 500 Kgs p.a. and Floravizine at 120 kgs. per annum.
- The Company undertook to technically upgrade the capacity in the
ophthalmic dosages segment by installing a Form-fill-seal (FFS)
at its plant in Waluj.
- The Company undertook to set up two independent units adjacent to
each other at Sinnar, Nasik for manufacture of penicillin based
antibiotic formulations including sterile injectables, tablets,
- The company has launched Reliter, a dietart supplement for people
over 49 with active lifestyles.
- The Rs. 150 crore FDC, best-known for its rehydration sale
has tied up with Aspen Pharmacre to sell its ophthalmic products in
- FDC Ltd, makers of the popular Electral brand, has launched Simyl
MCTOil -- a naturitional supplement for children and adults
from inadequate fat absorption.
- The Company has launched Simyl MCT Oil, claimed to be unique
nutritional supplement for children and adults suffering from
inadequate fat absorption.
-Ms Shalini Shenoy is appointed as the Compliance Officer of the
- Received GMP accreditation from the Medicines Control Council (MCC)
of the Republic of South Africa, for registration of Oral powders and
Sterile Ophthalmic dosages.
-Mr. Rohit R Chandavarkar, the Company's Wholetime Director has
passed away on October 29, 2003.
-FDC receives CE mark approval for its 2 products from DNV - Norway
- Fdc Ltd has appointed Mr. Ameya A. Chandavarkar, as a whole time
director of the Company w.e.f. November 01, 2009.
-Fdc Limited have recommended a dividend of Rs.1.75/- per equity
-FDC's Ophthalmic facility at Waluj, Aurangabad continues to be
approved by UK MHRA
-FDC receives approval (Marketing Authorization) for Dorzolamide 2%
w/v Eye Drop Solution and Dorzolamide 2% w/v & Timolol Maleate 0.5%
w/v Eye Drop Solution from UKMHRA (RMS) under Decentralised
-FDC receives Certificate of Appreciation Patents award from
-FDC Ltd is pleased to announce that it has received its first Indian
Biotech Patent for the invention entitled METHOD FOR DETERMINING THE
POTENCY OF G-CSF.
-Fdc Ltd has appointed Mr. Vinod G. Yennemadi as an Additional
Director on the Board of the Company.