1987 - The company was incorporated on 31st July, as Computech Ispat
Limited. The company has acquired necessary hardwares and
software named SEISMIC for seismic processing. The Company
been promoted by Sri. S. K. Rateria.
- The Company is engaged in various types of activities such as
Software development and data processing, Import and Export
computer hardwares and softwares, Registrars and Share
Agents and Sales Agents for steel and sponge iron.
1992 - With effect from 1st April, 1992 under a scheme of Merger
approved by the Hon'ble Calcutta High Court two Group
were merged with it.
- The Company proposes to modernise and expand all its existing
divisions in Software development and data processing, trading
computer hardware, agency sales and Registrars and Share
- CIL proposes to install new high speed computer systems RS
of IBM and updating its software, which will enable it to
to growing domestic and overseas demand.
- The Company has installed adequate Generating sets at its
offices and for smooth functioning of computers has installed
necessary UPS system.
1995 - The Company has opened a marketing office in February at
California, USA to tap the booming export market in Software
development and data processing.
- The Company proposes to enter the domestic market as well as
expand its activities overseas.
- The Company proposes to open Registrar divisions at Chennai
besides its existing offices at Calcutta, New Delhi, Mumbai
Ahmedabad to cater to the requirements of companies on all
- The Company proposes to start the activities of authorised
collection centres. It proposes to open 35 centres all over
India to collect the application forms of companies going
- CIL proposes to offer services like satellite links between
collection centres and controlling branch/client, instant
processing, reduction of time gap between closure of issue
- Issue of 65,00,000 No. of Equity shares of Rs 10/- each for
at par aggregating Rs 650 lacs including firm allotment of
5,00,000 No. of Equity shares to a group of OCBs aggregating
1996 - To diversify into the new areas as well as to strengthen its
Agency Division, the company entered into the transport
1997 - The company has entered into high growing business of
hardware during the year under review and to further
its growth in the field of computer hardware, the company is
implementing a high tech assembly plant.
- In the transport division, the company has increased the
of trucks to 31 and it has also obtained the IBA
1999 - Computech International, a software company based in
is set to take information technology to rural India.
- The company is setting up a countrywide network to provide
computers to business units in small towns and also in rural
- Computech is also diversifying into software education and
firmed up plans to set up technology training centres in the
- Calcutta-based Computech International Ltd (CIL) is floating
wholly-owned offshore subsidiary in the UK, Called CIL
Infosolutions (UK) Ltd, the British arm will pitch for large
software projects in the dynamic European arena.
- Computech will also set up its own overseas offices in the
East and South East Asia to give a fillip to its software and
-The Calcutta-based IT company Computech International is planning a
1:1 equity split. The Computech board will formally place the
proposal before shareholders at its EGM in February.
-The Company's equity shares have been inducted into Depository
System of the National Securities Depository Limited and Central
Depository Services (India) Ltd.
-Computech International, Ltd, a software and hardware company, has
tied up with US-based Bell Incorporation to manufacture personal
computers for the middle class segment of the country.
-The Company launched the first ever personal computer Pentium 233
MMX at a price of Rs 15,990 along with the mid-range Pentium II 266
system and the high-end Pentium III internet ready system.
-The Company appointed Mr. S K Rateria as Chairman-cum-Managing
Director of the Company.
-The Company designated email i.d. exclusively for grievance
redressal division / compliance officer: email@example.com