1968 - The company was incorporated on the 18th September as a
limited company. The company was promoted by Madhan Gopal
Krishna Kumar Todi and Kanhaiya Kumar Todi. The Company
out surface transportation of goods.
- The Company had a fleet of 90 vehicles with total carrying
capacity of 1605 tonnes. The Company also deploys 250 trucks
10 tonnes capacity on hired basis at any given time thereby
increasing the capacity to 4,105 tonnes.
- The Company caters to the transportation requirements of
industries viz. petroleum, heavy engineering,
chemicals etc. and has established its credentials as on
efficient and professional transport agency.
- The company also diversified into container traffic as it
provides a number of advantages over conventional transport.
company was able to offer value-added benefits to customers
through container transport over conventional surface
- The company proposed to acquire further fleet of 50 trailers
capacity of 14 tonnes at cost of Rs. 4,00,00 each.
1994 - The Company proposed to enter into coastal shipping to meet
requirement arising out of coastal trade which was expected
grow. Proposals for starting ro-ro services were also being
- During the year, negotiations were on for shipping in coastal
areas to meet the requirement in coastal trade. Plans were
afoot to introduce new sylo type PVC containers, the latest
state-of-the-art technology in transportation industry to
to the growing demand.
- During July, the company offered 20,00,000 No. of equity
at a premium of Rs 10 per share as follows:
- (i) 40,00,000 shares were offered to the Financial
on firm allotment basis. (All were taken up);
- (ii) 4,00,000 shares were offered to NRIs, OCBs on
allotment basis. (Only 2,36,200 shares were taken up.
1,63,800 shares were added to public issue).
- (iii) 50,000 shares were offered to employees. (Only 44,100
shares were taken up. Remaining 5,900 shares were added back
- (iv) 11,50,000 shares were offered to the public. (All were
taken up including unsubscribed portion of other categories.
additional shares were allotted to public.
- Coastal Overseas Ltd. is the subsidiary of the Company.
-Coastal Roadways Ltd has appointed Sri. A C Chakrabortti as a
Director of the Company from September 25, 2006.
-Coastal Roadways Ltd has has recommended a dividend of 5%, subject
to approval of shareholder
-Company has recommended a dividend of 9%, subject to approval of