The Company was incorporated on September 8, 1943 as a Public Limited
Company at Gwalior in the name and style of 'Texmaco (Gwalior) Ltd.'
under the provisions of the Gwalior Companies' Act (I of Samvat
1963). The said name of the company was changed to 'Central India
Machinery Manufacturing Co. Ltd.' on June 22, 1956 and was again
changed to 'Cimmco Limited' on December 6, 1985.
The Company has now attained a significant size and in order to have
a clear Corporate identity with its originating and promoter group,
name of the Company has been changed to 'CIMMCO BIRLA LIMITED' w.e.f.
October 3, 1994.
The company was formed to manufacture textile machinery such as
looms, winding machines, etc. In 1957, the company set up a unit at
Bharatpur for manufacture of railway wagons. In 1956, a Steel Foundry
for manufacture of castings was set up at Gwalior. In 1978, an
International Trade Division called 'Cimmco International' was set up
for promoting export of goods and projects from India. In 1984, the
Heavy Engineering Division was set up to manufacture core machinery
for cement plants and the Construction Division was formed in 1993.
The erstwhile Xpro India Limited was amalgamated with the Company
w.e.f. July 1, 1985, pursuant to Orders dated May 20, 1987 & July 1,
1987 of the Hon'ble High Courts at Calcutta and of Madhya Pradesh
respectively. Xpro India is presently engaged in the manufacture of
Co-extruded Plastic Sheets and Co-extruded Cast Plastic Films.
The erstwhile Cimmco Spinners Limited, a subsidiary promoted by the
company, was amalgamated with the Company w.e.f. April 1, 1993,
pursuant to Orders dated May 9, 1994 & May 27, 1994 of the Hon'ble
High Courts of Delhi and Madhya Pradesh. Cimmco Spinners is engaged
in the manufacture of cotton yarn for exports.
The erstwhile Indian Plastics Limited was amalgamated with the
Company w.e.f. April 1, 1993, pursuant to Orders dated August 4, 1994
and August 12, 1994 of the Hon'ble High Courts of Bombay and Madhya
Pradesh respectively. The resulting division (known as Xpro India
presently engaged in the manufacture of varied nature of
injection/compression moulded articles and Thermosetting Plastics
including Melamine Formaldehyde, Urea Formaldehyde, Phenol
Thus, the Company is at present engaged in the business/ manufacture
of Textile Machinery and accessories, Steel Castings, Railway Wagons,
Structural, Cement Plant Machinery, Cotton Yarn, Construction
activities, Coextruded plastic films (Non-Tubular) and moulded
products (injection/compression), Thermosetting Plastics as well as
The business and day-to-day affairs of the Company's
autonomousdivisions are professionally managed by well qualified and
fully authorized senior executives, subject to the overall control,
superintendence and directions of the Board of Directors.
- Cimmco Birla Ltd has appointed M/s. L. B. Jha & Co. Chartered
Accountants, as the Statutory Auditors of the Company to fill the
casual vacancy caused due the resignation of the Auditors of the
Company, M/s Jain Pramod Jain & Co. Chartered Accountants.
-Company has changed its name from Cimmco Birla Ltd. to Cimmco Ltd.
-Registered Office of the Company has been shifted To Premlata, (4th
Floor), 39, Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata 700 017, West Bengal.
-Shri Manoj Jha has been appointed as Managing Director and Chief
Executive Officer of the Company.
-Sri Ram Narayan Tiwari, Vice President has been appointed as
Director (Works) of the Company.
-Cimmco Ltd has Ms. Vinita Bajoria has been appointed as Non
Executive Director on the Board of the Company.
-The Registered Office of the company has shifted from Premlata 4th
Floor, 39 Shakespeare Sarani Kolkata - 700017 to 756, Anandpur EM
Bypass Kolkata - 700107.
-Cimmco receives industrial license to manufacture defence items