-Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) traces its history to 1928 when
the Burmah Shell Oil Storage & Distribution Company of India was
incorporated in England to enter the petroleum products business in
India. The business of the Company grew substantially given the
international backing of Shell and it achieved the leadership
position in India. In 1952, Shell and Burmah Oil Company set up
Burmah Shell Refineries to set up a refinery in Mumbai. The entire
operations of Burmah Shell in India were nationalised in 1976 and the
Refinery and Marketing Companies were merged to form BPCL.
- The Company was incorporated on 3rd November, 1952 under the name
Burmahshell Refineries Limited (BSR). The Burmah Shell as Storage &
Distributing Company of India, Ltd., a foreign company established in
England in 1928 was carrying on in India the business of distributing
and marketing petroleum products and for that paurpose established
places in India.
- The Company has a well established refinery at Mahul, Chembur
(Mumbai) which has commissioned in January.
- The company's refinery in Bombay was commissioned in 1955. It
introduced LPG as a cooking fuel to the Indian home and all along, it
went beyond selling petroleum, to educate the customer.
- The companies name changed to Bharat Refineries Limited (BRL) on
12th, February 1976.
- Companies name changed to its present name (BPCL) on 1st August.
- Pursuant to an agreement dated 23.12.79 bet ween Govt. of India and
BSM, the Shell Petroleum Co. Ltd., the Burmah Oil Co. Ltd., and the
Burmah Shell Refineries Ltd., the Govt. of India acquired 100% equity
share holdings of BSR on 24th January, 1976. Simultaneously also
acquired the right to title and interest and liabilities of BSM in
relation to its undertakings in India.
- During the year the company commissioned 50 retail outlets
including 9 in rural areas and 7 superior kerosene oil/light deisel
oil dealerships. The total number of retail outlets/light diesel oil
dealership at the end of the year stood at 4,090 and 928
- During the year, 20% of the shares were sold by the govt. to
various fianancial institutions and Mutual Funds. Thus presently the
President of India holds 80% of the paid up capital.
- During the year, the company installed microprocessor based digital
integrated distributed control system in catalytic reformer and new
solvent unit which replaced the pneumatic control system. Also
installed advanced control system for catalytic control unit.
- During the year, the corporation commissioned 124 retail outlets
and 10 oil/light diesel oil dealership.
- On 25th February, a joint venture company `Bharat Oman Refineries
Ltd' was incorporated. And was set up as a joint venture between
Omen oil Co. Ltd and the Corporation.
- During the year, Bharat Shell Ltd. was promoted by the company and
Shell Overseas Investments, B V Netherlands for marketing shell
branded lubricants in the country.
- During 95-96, a 6 MMTPA joint venture refinery being set up with
Oman Oil Company Ltd. at Bina in M.P.
- A MOU was signed on March between the corporation and Pepsi Foods
Ltd. pursuant to which customers cars drive upto select retail
outlets for chilled pepsi distribution.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., and Bank of Baroda have signed
an MOU to launch the first Co-Branded Credit Card in the country
which enables customers to buy petrol, diesel, lubricants and other
regular commodities. The cards will carry BPCL and BOB logos and
will have two categories - Premium and Regular. The cards can also
be used by corporate houses as a facility to its executives for
reimbursement of their fuel cost.
- During the year, the corporation commissioned 61 retail outlets and
12 SKO/LDO dealerships. During the year Petronet India Ltd. was set
for developing and laying a network of petroleum product pipelines in
- During the year, LPG port terminal was commissioned at Okha in
Gujarat, in October, with a storage capacity of 900 MT of LPG.
- The company embarked upon a strategic change plan in 1996. The
organisation structure has been revamped and six Strategic Business
Units have been created. The new structure is based on business
processes, is flexible, more responsive to external changes, has
layers, and above all, ensures a much higher customer focus.
- During the year corporation, has entered into a Memorandum of
Understanding (MOU) with the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
(MOP&NG). The performance rating awarded to BPC was Excellent for
the year ended March 31, 1996.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.(BPCL), has launched Apollo air
stations at its petrol pumps in Mumbai. The company had signed a
memorandum of understanding recently with Apollo Tyres to provide
efficient air facility to customers through BPCL's retail network.
- Sanghi Group of industries has signed a Memorandum of Understanding
with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited. Under the agreement, BPCL
will set up huge infrastructural facilities to ensure uninteruppted
supply of fuels for various mega projects being undertaken by the
Sanghi group including a cement plant, a petrochemical complex and a
100 per cent EOU spinning unit.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL), is setting up a six
million tonne per annum refinery at Bina, in Madhya Pradesh. The
corporation also envisages a single point mooring and a crude oil
terminal at Vadinar and a cross country crude oil pipeline from
Vadinar to Bina.
- ONGC is joining hands with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL)
for a Rs 2,552,-crore petrochemical project in Hazira, Gujarat.
- An agreement to supply around 80,000 tonnes of naphtha per annum
for the 230-MW combined cycle power project at Jegurupadu in East
Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, has been signed between GVK
Industries Ltd and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL).
- The public sector Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) proposes
to lay a pipeline from Cochin to Karur via Coimbatore to transport
petrol, high speed diesel and kerosene.
- The Gas Authority of India Ltd (GAIL) and Bharat Petroleum
Corporation Ltd (BPCL) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on
September 9 for setting up a joint venture to supply pipeline cooking
gas in the Capital.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) and the UK-based global oil
major - Shell, are likely to float a new company for setting up the
seven million tonnes per annum (mtpa) grassroot refinery at Uttar
- State-owned Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has made
tentative plans to shut its 120,000 barrel-per-day (bpd) refinery in
Mumbai in November or December 1998 for maintenance.
- Between January and February, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd had
closed its crude distillation unit and 18,000 bpd fluid catalytic
cracker. Its 12,000 bpd cracker was shut in May for 30-35 days.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd is to increase its tankage
capacity of petroleum products in the eastern region in the Ninth
Plan by setting up new terminals involving an expenditure of about Rs
- The company is to set up new terminals at Budge Budge, Haldia and
Alipurduar in West Bengal, Jashidih, Gaya, Barauni and Ranchi in
Bihar, Balasore, Sambalpur, Rourkela, Rayagada and Paradeep in Orissa
besides Lumding and Guwahati.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL), the second largest oil
marketing public sector company, has signed a fuel supply agreement
with Atria Power Corporation Ltd to generate 103 MW of power at
Harihar, in its commitment to bring more power to Karnataka.
- It is also proposed to set up a hospital and build a residential
colony in the 3500 acre land of the two projects.
- The Karnataka Power Corporation Limited (KPCL) entered into a fuel
supply agreement with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd for its 300-mw
joint venture power project at Bidadi.
- The company will open five new, state-of-the-art, self servicing
and automatic cut off nozzle facility petrol and diesel bunks in the
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has entered into an
agreement with Herdillia Chemicals Ltd for supply of 10,000 metric
tonnes of naphtha for its proposed 5.5MW power project at Turbhe in
- Shell and BPCL will hold a 26 per cent stake each in the refinery
project. The remaining 48 per cent will be held by institutions and
- The joint venture has received a letter of intent for setting up
the refinery in Uttar Pradesh and government approval for direct
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has launched its new
lubricants in Calcutta from February 5.
- Shalivahana Power Corporation Ltd (SPCL) has signed a fuel supply
agreement (FSA) with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) for the
supply of furnace oil to its 33 MW mini-power plant to be set up at
- PIL is a 50:50 joint venture between Bharat Petroleum and Gujarat
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has commissioned its
Rs.450-crore Mumbai-Manmad pipeline.
- The Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd workers on April 7, observed
strike throughout the country in protest against the managements
reported move to damage the corporation.
- BPCL commissioned the first phase of its second coastal storage
facility on the east coast at Haldia, West Bengal.
- BPCL is the only company among the three integrated refining and
marketing companies - the others being HPCL and Indian Oil
Corporation (IOC) - which has had a strong focus on marketing
- BPCL (Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.) has begun a New Marketing
chapter with clear strategies and initiatives for Lubricants.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has tied up with
Petronet India Limited, the oil-pipeline holding company, to form a
joint venture for a 308-km pipeline from Kochi to Karur in Tamil
- BPCL and Petronet India Ltd, will each take a 26 per cent equity
stake, Cochin Refineries is expected to subscribe to 23 per cent of
the equity and the balance 25 per cent will be held by other
investors. The total equity will be Rs.140 crore with a 3:1 debt
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has entered into in joint
venture with Petronet (India) Ltd for the construction of a 308 km
pipeline from Kochi in Kerala to Karur in Tamil Nadu.
- The company is India's second largest oil company in terms of
- BHARAT Petroleum Corporation Ltd proposes to set up a petrochemical
complex, based on a naphtha cracker of 5,00,000-MTPA-ethylene
capacity, using low aromatic naphtha available from
indigenous/imported sources. It will be set up at a coastal location
in Tamil Nadu. BPCL has obtained the Letter of intent from the
Government of India for manufacture of the products.
- BPCL is also setting up a three mtpa refinery at Numaligarh in
Assam in a joint venture with IBP Co Ltd and the Government of Assam.
- BPCL has also successfully entered into fuel supply agreements with
22 independent power plants and four captive power plants for the
supply of 1.1 mmtpa of naptha and 0.8 mmtpa of furnace oil.
- The company has commissioned the 250-km Mumbai-Manmad product
pipeline, which has augmented its supply and distribution network.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) is the third largest oil
refining and marketing company in the country.
- INDRAPRASTHA Gas Limited, a joint venture between Bharat Petroleum
Corporation (BPCL) and the Gas Authority of India (GAIL) is set to
revolutionalise transportation in New Delhi.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd has bagged the fuel supply
contract for Kerala State Electricity Board's Kozhikode diesel power
project at Nallalam.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) is setting up its LPG
bottling plant in Hoskote Taluk near Bangalore.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has commissioned a hydrant
fuelling system for aircraft at the Cochin International Airport
- BPCL has taken six per cent equity in the paid-up capital of the
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd's (BPCL) joint venture with Oman
Oil Co. for setting up a six-million tonne refinery at Bina in Madhya
Pradesh is expected to achieve financial closure within a month, said
Mr. A. Sinha, BPCL's Finance Director.
- In an attempt to set up its naphtha-fired 200-MW project at top
speed, the KPC Bidadi Power Corporation (KBPCL) entered into a fuel
supply agreement (FSA) with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL)
for the supply of 25,0900 mtpa of naphtha.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Port Thrust (JNPT) and Bharat Petroleum
Corporation (BPCL) signed a license agreement for development of a
liquid cargo jetty at Jawaharlal Nehru Port.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) is exploring the option of
extending a crude pipeline from its Bina refinery in Madhya Pradesh
to Allahabad where it proposes to set up another seven-million-tonne
- The company proposes to construct a crude-oil terminal in Gujarat
from where crude will be transported through a pipeline to Bina.
- BPCL has introduced the `smart-card' technology at retail outlets
- BPCL has also entered into a marketing agreement with Reliance
Petroleum Ltd for distributing 25 per cent of its production.
- ICICI Bank Ltd has tied up with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
(BPCL) to install off-site ATMs at the company's petrol outlets.
- The Company has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the
ministry of petroleum & Natural gas for the year 2000-01. The Company
has been awarded the `Excellent' rating and has been among the top-10
MoU-signing public sector companies in 1998-99.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., the Country's second-largest oil
company, announced the launch of its `Petro Card' for the retail
market in Gujarat.
- Burger giant McDonald's has tied up with oil major Bharat Petroleum
Corporation (BPCL) to open and run restaurants at selected petrol
pumps across the country.
- The Company is mulling over a voluntary retirement scheme for its
3000-odd middle-level management staff.
- The Company signed a Transport Service Agreement with Gas Authority
of India Ltd on 1st August.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd., in association with Iftex
Petrochemicals Ltd., launched `Bharat Iftex', a co-branded multi
functional additive (MFA).
- The Company will issue bonus shares in the ratio of one equity
share for every one share held.
- SurfGold.com, the loyalty solution provider an alliance with Bharat
Petroleum as one of its major Indian redemption partners.
- The Workers, of the Marketing Division of the Company went on
one-day strike on 19 October affecting the normal operations in
offices and estblishments at Mumbai, Kandla, Solapur, Jalgaon,
Jabalpur and Manmad.
- Big Mac has tied up with Bharat Petroleum Corporation for a highway
complex on the Delhi-Agra highway, near Mathura.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation has offer bonus equity to its
shareholders at a ratio of one bonus share for every one share held.
- The Company has been presented the FICCI award 1999 - 2000 for
'Corporate initiatives in the field of rural developments'.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has launched yet another
card product, SmartFleet, aimed at fleet owners and corporates.
- During 2000-01 the company issued bonus shares in the ratio of 1:1,
thereby enhancing its equity capital to Rs 300 crore. Also Recently it
acquired 55% stake in Kochi Refinery Limited (KRL) from the Government
of India and 19% in Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) from IBP.
The company has launched 'Smart fleet', a programme for fleet owners
and corporates and the same received an enthusiastic response from
over 2500 clients.
-The company has 'Petrocard', an customer loyalty programme, had
enrolled over 2.25 lakh customers by theend of March 2001.
- The Company has launched the co-branded SmartFleet card along with
Tata Finance, a smart card targeted at vehicle fleet owners and
- BPCL has tied up with Quicky's, the global coffee chain, Pepsi
Foods India and Kwality Walls for providing beverages soft drinks and
ice-creams at its petrol pumps.
- Standard Chartered Bank, HDFC Bank and Bharat Petroleum Corporation
have joined the eCash Forum which has been set up by the Smart Card
Forum of India.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. has proposed to acquire the
entire equity share holding of the Government of India in Kochi
- Shell Aviation Ltd has appointed Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
(BPCL) as the sole distributor for Shell brands of aero lubes in
India. BPCL has signed a contract with Shell Aviation for
distribution rights for the next five years.
-'In & Out', a convenience retailing proposition, was selectively
launched in 14 retail outlets during the year. This proposition
includes utility payments, courier service, ATMs, a coffee shop,
music counters, impulse stores, etc.
- S Vijayaraghavan appointed as Additional Director on Board of BPCL
-M B Lal Director (Refineries) relinquishes office from BPCL.
- Tata Engg, BPCL ties up to market co-branded lubricants.
- Mr U Sundararajan has retired from the office of the Chairman &
Managing Director, BPCL. Mr S Behuria, Director (Marketing) has taken
over as Chairman & Managing Director of BPCL w e f July 01, 2002.
- BPCL introduced premium grade petrol Speed in Mumbai.
- SCI tie-up with BPCL for crude transportation.
- BPCL introduced 5kg cylinder for rural market.
- BPCL ties up with Cafe Coffee Day to open Cafe Coffee Day outlets
in select In&Out BPCL petrol pumps.
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd informed that Shri S Radhakrishnan,
Executive Director (Marketing Coordination) has been appointed as
Director on the Board of the company and he has taken over as
Director (Marketing) with effect from November 1, 2002.
- Mr. Mukesh Rohatgi, Executive Director (Refinery) has been
appointed as Director on the Board of the BPCL and he has taken
charge as Director (Refineries) w.e.f. November 14, 2002. Mr. Naresh
Narad, Special Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas,
Government Nominee Driector on the Board of BPCL has relinquished the
Directorship w.e.f. November 11, 2002 on his appointment as Secretary,
Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises.
- ALF ties up with BPCL to launch 'affinity cards'
- The board of Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) is being
restructured with the induction of four new non-executive directors.
The directors, all professionals of long standing, are the former
chairman of Indian Oil MA Pathan, former chairman of Indian Airlines
PC Sen, former chairman of railway board BD Gupta and director of the
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, AH Kalro.
- BPCL & ONGC signs agreement to sale crude oil for a period of 2
- Bharat Petroleum (BPCL) has forged an alliance with Petrovietnam
for the purpose of supplying 200,00 tonnes of naptha in the next 9
- BPCL ties up with HLL for marketing durables, FMCG products via LPG
- BPCL launches 'Speed '93'
- Hyderabad: Bharat petroleum corporation Ltd (BPCL) has rolled out
its new plan for Bharatgas customers. The new offer called 'Beyond
LPG' was unveiled in twin cities which comes with value added
services where customers can get the benefit of discounts ranging
from 10-20 percnt on all FMCG branded utensils.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd has informed that Shri S
Vijayaraghavan, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
Government Nominee Director on the Board of the company has resigned
from office of director wef September 2, 2003.
Dr P N Khandwalla, Shri P P Kaliaperumal & K Vasudeva Part Time Non
Official directors have resigned from office of director wef
September 4, 2003
Shri V D Gupta Shri P C Sen & A H Kalro are appointed as part time
non official directors of the company wef September 5, 2003.
-the company has launched premium petrol, 'Speed' on September 9 in
Vishakapatnam. The premium petrol is priced marginally higher than
the ordinary fuel. The fuel is for the new generation cars and
- The company has tied up with Hindustan Lever Ltd and three other
kitchenware brands for selling grocery items to its LPG customers
through its distributor network. the consumers can order all HLL
products besides kitchenware from Hawkins, Prestige and Nirlep from
Bharatgas distributors in select cities.
-Formed a strategic pact with Honda Siel to help launch gensets and
geysers that run on LPG.
-Shri A K Srivastava, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum &
Natural Gas has been appointed as Director
--BPCL bags third slot among `Top 10' in Asiamoney's corporate
governance poll on Asian companies in the energy sector. And joined
the club of a select few Asian companies.
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) and Oil and Natural Gas
Corporation (ONGC) signed an agreement to cooperate with each other
through sharing of their core strengths for exploration and
production, and downstream oil refining and marketing.
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) successfully completes its
first swap transaction, making it the first public sector oil company
to enter into an interest rate derivative transaction
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation is negotiating a five-year agreement
with Reliance Industries to buy products from its Jamnagar refinery.
A previous product-sourcing agreement between the two companies
expires on March 31, 2004.
- IDBI Bank on January 15 said that it has entered into a
business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce arrangement with oil major
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) to provide an automated
payment and purchase process to the BPCL's corporate and industrial
-BPCL signs an initial contract with Saudi Aramco
- Tie up with Tata Consultancy Services to provide medical advisory
and counselling services at Ghar, the highway retailing initiative of
-Kochi Refineries Ltd (KRL) signs a memorandum of understanding with
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd regarding capacity utilisation and
other production and performance parameters
-Forges alliance with E-Charge Tech Private Limited to distribute
electronically pre-paid products like mobile cards, internet cards
and calling cards, making it the first company in India to
electronically distribute the pre-paid products
-- GAIL India Limited has signed two joint venture agreements with
Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) for implementation of city gas
projects in Kanpur and Pune
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) opened Mak Lubeshoppe at
Akkayyapalem here on July 29
-Bharat Petroleum has launched another brand `Hi Speed Diesel'
-BPCL forges alliance with poultry association in Namakkal
-Speed ties up with consortium to sponsor domestic motor racing
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has entered into a marketing
tie-up with automobile manufacturer Tata Motors for marketing of
engine oils as co-branded lubricants for their commercial vehicles
- BPCL launches Speed 97, its new brand of high-octane petrol mixed
with lubricant additives, meant to improve vehicle performance
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd has launched a new concept of
`Vehicle Care Centres' at its retail outlets
-Madhya Pradesh Government signs a memorandum of understanding (MoU)
with Bharat Oman Refineries Ltd to set up a six-million-tonne per
annum refinery at Bina on May 6, 2005
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has announced that the
Company & MMTC have jointly decided to work together in the area of
domestic and international marketing of hydro-carbon by leveraging
their core business strength in the global commodity trading.
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has announced that the
Company has entered into an MOU with Petroleo Brasileiro SA
-BPCL acquires first Nigerian Erha cargo
-BPCL has informed that Shri. D N Narasimha Raju, Joint Secretary,
Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoP&NG) has been reappointed as
Additional Director effective December 18, 2006.
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has informed that Prof N
Venkiteswaran, has been appointed as Additional Director effective
July 16, 2007.
-BPCL acquires interest in North Sea basin
-BPCL to offload 49-pc stake in Bharat Shell
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has appointed Ms. Rama
Bijapurkar and Shri. S K Barua as Additional Director w.e.f. May 20,
-BPCL venture to infuse Rs 2,200cr in bio-diesel project
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) is mulling to establish
a 5-Mw wind power farm in Andhra Pradesh.
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd has unveiled a GPS-technology based
vehicle tracking system for its 5,200 tanker trucks fleet.
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has informed BSE that BPCL,
Oman Oil Company (OOC) and Bharat Oman Refinery Ltd. (BORL) have
signed an agreement on November 15, 2009 in Oman related to
additional investment by OOC in BORL.
-BPCL Farm-in into the Nunukan PSC in Indonesia
-Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) stated that natural gas reserves
have been discovered in a block off Mozambique where it has a
-BPCL announces successful pre-salt flow test offshore Brazil
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) commissioned its
international bunkering facilities at the Kochi port.
-BPCL enters into agreement with M/s. Norwest to acquire Shale Gas
acreages in Australia
-BPCL announces Major Natural Gas discovery in offshore Mozambique.
-BPCL discovers hydrocarbon in ultra deep water of Sergipe-Alagoas
-BPCL announces Oil and Gas discovery in Offshore Indonesia
-BPCL appoints R K Singh as new BPCL chairman
-Bharat Petroleum walked away with two prestigious Communication
Awards at the Golden Jubilee function of the Annual Association of
Business Communicators of India (ABCI) Awards Nite held at the Taj
-BPCL won the Silver Award for our Inhouse Publication, Petro Plus
and the Bronze Award for our Online Web Campaign
-Bharat Petroleum was awarded the 1st position under the Best Display
in Raw Space category during a spectacular awards ceremony at the
recently concluded Petrotech-2010 exhibition at Pragati Maidan, New
Delhi. The theme this year was Global Energy Equilibrium.
-BPCL corporate website www.bharatpetroleum.in bagged the first
prize in the category ‘Most user friendly website (editors choice) in
the India eGov 2.0 Awards 2010.
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd receives Green Business Leaders
Award: 2009- 2010
-NDTV Recognizes BPCL With Prestigious Corporate Sustainability
-BPCL has secured 289th ranking during 2008-09 in the prestigious
list of Fortune Global 500
-Tyre manufacturer Goodyear India has entered into an agreement with
PSU major Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd to open tyre care shops at
some of their petrol pumps.
-BPCL discovered of oil and gas in Sergipe-Alagoas Basin, Brazil
-BPCL 's Another major appraisal success in Offshore Mozambique for
-BPCL in Successful Flow Test Offshore Mozambique
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd informs that BPRL Announces
Extension of Exploration Success with New Discovery Area in Offshore
-BPCL invests Rs 75 cr to set up 22 kV substation at Kochi Refinery
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. , second largest public sector oil
marketing company, has signed an MOU with LG Chem South Korea for a
Joint Venture to set up a petrochemical plant adjacent to its Kochi
-BPCL - Discovery of Hydrocarbons in Espirito Santo Bash, Offshore
-BPCL - Discovery of Hydrocarbons in Cauvery Onland in Tamil Nadu
-State run Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has signed a
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Kerala government. Following
the development, the state government would extend tax deferments to
BPCL's Integrated Refinery Expansion Project (IREP) and
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) is in planned investments of
up to Rs 45,000 crore by 2017 towards upstream projects as well as
-BPCL l discovers New oil in the deep water of Sergipe - Alagoas
-Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) has managed to raise USD 500
million through a maiden 10 year bond issue. The move market the
debut of BPCL into the international debt market and the proceeds
from issue would be used by the company to fund its capital
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation has given the Bonus in the Ratio of
-Petrobras completes formation test in Farfan area in Sergipe-Alagoas
-BPRL announces new natural gas discovery in offshore Mozambique.
-Bharat gas introduces IVRS to book gas refill services.
-BPCL begins IVRS refill booking system in Kerala
-BPCL has launched Universal Tractor Transmission Oil MAK Trac Magic
+ which is a special formulated lubricant for tractors, in the market
of Punjab and Haryana.
-Bharat Petroleum - BPRL announces Increase in Recoverable Natural
Gas Resources in Mozambique.
-Bharat Petroleum - Gas Discovery in Cauvery Basin, India by ONGC -
-Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) has received approval
from Environment Ministry for Rs 4,588 crore expansion at its
-BPCL acquires additional shares of Petronet CCK Limited
-BPCL,along with GAIL Gas, a 100% subsidiary of GAIL India will
jointly develop the City Gas Distribution Network (CGD Network) in
-BPCL has commissioned a new art Crude Distillation Unit (CDU) in