BHEL is the largest engineering and manufacturing enterprise in India
in the energy -related/infrastructure sector. BHEL manufactures over
180 products under 30 major product groups and caters to core sectors
of the Indian Economy viz., Power Generation & Transmission, Industry,
Transportation, Telecommunication, Renewable Energy, etc.
- In July the Operations of all the four plants were integrated.
- In January Heavy electrical (India) Ltd was merged with BHEL.
- For the manufacture of a wide variety of products, the company has
developed technological infrastructure, skills and quality to meet
the stringent requirements of the power plants, transportation, petro
chemicals, oil etc.
- BHEL has entered into collaboration which are technical in nature.
Under these agreements, the collaborators have transferred, furnished
the information, documentation, including know-how relating to design,
engineering, manufacturing assembly etc.
- BHEL also entered into power equipments, to reduce its dependence
on the power sector. So, it developed the capability to produce a
variety of electrical, electronic and mechanical equipments for all
sectors, including transmission, transportation, oil and gas and
- On 24th December converted into a public Limited company.
- As per resolution passed on 23rd Dec. 1991, existing shares of
Rs.1000 each was subdivided into equity shares of Rs.10 each.
2447,60,000 No. of equity shares of Rs.10 each allotted for
consideration other than cash.
- Between January to February the company disinvested 489,52,000
equity shares of Rs.10 each.
- During the year, 10 thermal sets, 2 gas sets and 11 hydro sets were
- During the year, first commercial HUDC transmission line in the
country between Rihand & Delhi rated for transmitting power at 500 KV
at 1500 MW was respectively completed. Also, the company completed
prestigious contracts in Malta and Cyprus through supply and
of 2 sets of 60 MW thermal sets each.
- The company commissioned two sets of 250 MW at Maharashtra and one
500 MW once-throug tower type boiler at Orissa.
- During the year the company established Asia's largest fuel
evaluation test facility at Tiruchi
- The Company commissioned ten industrial power plants resulting in
power generating capacity addition of 293 KW.
- The Company undertook the development of photovoltaic power systems
for grid assisted operation, solar power refreigerator useful for
vaccine and medical storage and demonstration of 2X5 KW phosphoric
acid fuel cell module at a Chlor Alkali plant.
- The country's premier state owned undertaking, BHEL, has
commissioned India's first 250 mw capacit thermal generating unit at
Dahanu power station in Maharashtra. BHEL won this world bank
contract against competition from multinationals.
- This year company handed over 100th Electric Locomotive to Indian
Railway. And 250th Hydro set installed at Dhupdal-1, successfully
syncronised and handed over the 30 MW Fr.6 Gas turbine at Wadi Al
- The company signed an agreement with Indian Railways for building
and leasing 53 nos. AC/DC locos of 5,000/4,600 HP.
- During the year company undertook Indira Sugar Project of Narmada
Valley Development Authority in M.P., Kurichu Project from NHPC in
Bhutaan, Ghanvi project and Gumma Project both from HPSEB, H.P., 8*16
MW Diesel Generating sets for Kerala State Electricity Boards DG Power
plant at Kozhikode, 4 numbers 125 TPM HRSGs, 18 MW Steam Turbine
Generator for Mysore Paper Mills, 9 numbers 400KV 102 MWA single
phase generator transformers for 1500 MW Nathpa Jhakri HEP, 6
nos.3950 KW 18 pole synchronous motors and 6 nos. 3950 KW 6 pole
squirrel cage induction motors for ONGC's Santhal Project.
- In May a joint venture company named Bhe-Ge Gas Turbine Services
private Ltd. was incorporated with General Electric to carryout after
sales repair and servicing of GE designed heavy duty gas turbines
installed in India and certain other countries abroad.
- Another joint venture company with Siemens AG was incorporated
under the name `Powerplant Performance Improvement Private Ltd.' to
carry out plant performance Improvement to old fossil fuel power
plants in India and abroad.
- The public sector Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has won the
national best exporter award for 1995-96, instituted by the
Engineering Export Promotion Council, of the eighth consecutive year,
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has ruled a joint venture with Czech
republic-based Skoda for manufacturing electric trolley buses, but is
ready for import of technology.
- The company has successfully commissioned a frame-6 gas turbine at
Wadi Al Jizzi, Sultanate of Oman, for a power station and has
supplied a prototype of a 14-MW marine turbine to the Navy at
Machinery Test Centre, Visakhapatnam.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), the engineering and power
equipment navaratna, has joined hands with two global majors, General
Electric (GE) of the US and Siemens AG of Germany, to set up two
separate joint venture companies in India on a 50:50 equity
- The joint venture between BHEL and GE, set up with an authorised
capital of Rs.7 crores, has been named BHEL-GE Gas Turbine Services
- With Siemens AG, BHEL's technical tie-up is for manufacture of
steam turbines and generators.
- The Company undertook supply of 36 MW STG for RIL Sancoale-Goa 2X4
MW & 2 & 4.5 MW Generators for Hemavati & Harangi HEP in Karnataka
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel) has successfully commissioned
the fifth unit (210 mw) of Gandhinagar Thermal Power Station, the
first project undertaken by Gujarat State Electricity Corporation
- The public sector Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has entered
into an agreement with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
for manufacture and supply of solar panels for upcoming Indian
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has successfully
commissioned the maiden unit of the Kodasalli Hydro-Electric Project
(HEP) in Karnataka.
- In Karnataka, BHEL has recently supplied and commissioned
hydro-generating equipment for Chunchunakatte HEP (2 x 9 MW) and
Bhadra HEP (1 x 6 MW). Hydro-generating equipment for the Narayanpur
HEP (2 x 5 MW) has already been supplied and is being installed.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has commissioned the country's
new rating thermal power generating set of 250 MW capacity at Andhra
Pradesh State Electricity Board's Kothagudem thermal power station in
- Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd (Bhel) has commissioned the first grid
interactive solar photovoltaic power plant at its Bangalore division.
The plant which has a capacity of 30 kw will use solar energy to
- Bharat Heavy Electrical have achieved yet another milestones by
synchronising the fifth unit of 210 MW capacity at the Richur Thermal
Power Station in Karnataka, much ahead of schedule, in just 29 months.
With this, BHEL has set a new benchmark in the commissioning of
generating sets in the country, in the shortest possible time.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has commissioned a desalination
plant on turnkey basis in the Gulf of Mannar in Tamil Nadu.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has entered into a technical
collaboration agreement with Babcock Borsig Power GmbH of Germany for
the manufacture of `once through boilers'.
- The Company has signed a memorandum of understanding with Bhakra
Beas Management Board to renovate, modernise and upgrade its old
hydroelectric power stations.
- The Company has enter the infotech sector and setting up a dotcom
company with will provide B2B service in the area of electrical
engineering and power sector.
- The Company is setting up a portal for providing back-to-back
solutions for the electrical engineering and power industry
- The Company will be manufacturing the country's biggest
eco-friendly atmospheric fluidised bed combustion (AFBC) boilers for
supply to Raigarh-based Jindal Steel and Power Plant.
- The Company has won the top exporters award among the public and
private sector companies in India for the 11th Consecutive year.
- The Company is considering a proposal to launch a voluntary
retirement scheme (VRS) to select employees who have been
underperforming and not managed any promotions or those who have
consistently taken leave or anyother proficiency related criteria.
- In a bid to capture new markets, the Company would invade east
Europe and Africa besides becoming global vendor for international
- The Company has bagged the `Samman Patra' award from the Finance
Ministry for its unblemished track record with Airport Customs in
regard to payment of customs duties.
- The electronics division of public sector Bharat Heavy Electricals
Ltd. has been given the ISO 140001 certification by the Det Norske
- The Company has bagged a Rs. 295-crore contract to supply Advance
Class Gas Turbine for a power project in Tamil Nadu.
- The Company has set a new benchmark in the commissioning of power
projects in the country with the completion of National Thermal Power
Corporation 430 mw Faridabad combined cycle power project on turnkey
basis in a record time 30 months.
- The Company has won the `Best Productivity Performance Award' in
the heavy engineering industries category for the year 1997-98.
- The Company has commissioned the first 150 MW hydro generating unit
at the Ranjit Sagar Hydro Electric project in Punjab.
- The Company has bagged yet another order from Indian Oil
Corporation for setting up an energy-efficient and
environment-friendly co-generation power plant for Haldia refinery in
- The Company has emerged as a major sourcing centre for foreign
companies and Original Equipment Manufacturers for meeting their
requirement of power and industrial equipment.
- The High Pressure Boiler Plant of the public sector Bharat Heavy
Electricals Ltd. has won the Indian National Suggestion Schemes
Association award for the third successive time for its oustanding
contribution towards development, implementation and promotion of
employees oriented schemes.
- The Karnataka Power Corporation has awarded BHEL a Rs 365 crore
contract to set up another 210 mw unit at the Raichur Thermal power
- The company has become the first company capable of offering
indigenously - developed ceramic disc insulators for 500 KV and above
high voltage direct current applications.
- BHEL Tiruchi has bagged the Handa Rolling Trophy and Golden Key
Award for the year 2000-2001, consequently for second time.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd, the Rs 7,000-crore public sector
power equipment manufacturer, is open to the idea of picking up
equity stakes in power projects on the lines of multinational EPC and
- The Haridwar Complex of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. was awarded
the Neyveli Lignite Corporation rolling trophy for promoting `Quality
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. has bagged the prestigious Golden
peacock national quality award for the second consecutive year for
achieving excellence in quality conforming to global standards.
- India's state-run Bharat Heavy Electricals won an order to set up a
fifth 250 megawatt (mw) unit at Suratgarh thermal power station in
the western state of Rajasthan.
- BHEL-GE Gas Turbin Services Ltd. the joint venture company promoted
by BHEL and GE, has commissioned its gas turbine component
refurbishment centre in the city.
- The R&D division of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. has developed a
50-KW phosphoric acid fuel cell power pack as a joint venture of
BHEL, the Ministry of Non-Conventional Energy Sources and Shree
Rayalaseema Alkalies and Allied Chemicals Ltd.
- The Company has bagged the `Golden Trading House' status for
attaining excellence in global export operations.
- The Company has commissioned first of the four hydro-power
generating units at Kurichu Hydro Electric Project in Bhutan.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) is set to commission the first
500 MW unit of National Thermal Power Corporation's (NTPC) Simhadri
power project three months ahead of schedule in March, 2002.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals has been awarded the electro-mechanical
equipment supply order at a cost of Rs 540 crore for the Maheshwar
hydel project in Madhya Pradesh.
-Awarded the top exporters’ award by Engineering Export Promotion
Council for the year 1999-2000
-BHEL and PFC tie up for joint bids of projects
-Ties up with US-based Metso Automation Max Control Systems Inc to
establish a diagnostic and monitoring center to identify faults in
power plants with maxDNA control systems
-Receives Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd (CPCL) contract worth Rs
174 crore for a 40 mw gas based co-generation power plant for its
refinery project at Chennai
-BHEL in association with IIT-Madras launches IT school in Tiruchi
-Strikes Rs 51cr order to provide transformers to the Tala Hydro
Electric Power Project in Bhutan
-Bags an export order worth Rs 50 crore in Kazaksthan
-Bags order from Rajasthan Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Ltd (RVUNL) for 195
mw at Kota tps and 75 mw Ramgarh extension project
-Commences research on IGCC technology
-BHEL unit Power Sector Northerrn Region bags OHSAS-18001& ISO-14001
-Signs MoU with ONGC for providing, upgrading and refurbishment of
oil-field equipments to its onshore and offshore applications
-Bags generator order from Sirupur Paper Mills Ltd. (SPML)
-Gets Rs 267-cr Oman order
-Signs a technical collaboration agreement with Turbo Luftechnik GmbH
(TLT) of Germany to acquire technology to design and manufacture
high-efficiency fans used in 660 MW super-critical power plants
-BHEL Tiruchi unit gets best employer-employee award
-BHEL launches Vendor information system
-BHEL clinches ONGC order worth Rs 230 crore
-BHEL gets Rs 63 cr contract from NTPC
-Gets Rs 35-cr grid substation project from Rajasthan Electricity
-Ties up with Shree Industries for solar water heaters
-Launches 4th solar power plant in Lakshadweep
-Power generating sets built by BHEL get the award for excellent
performance from Union Government
-Electronics Division secures an export contract for the supply of
advanced automation systems for Indo-Bharat Rayons in Indonesia
-BHEL's Electroporcelains Division receives the OHSAS-18001
certification for its occupational health and safety management
-Launches its first-ever Vessel Traffic Management System (VTMS) at
the New Mangalore port
-BHEL gets Rs 41 cr order from Nuclear Power Corporation (NPC)
-Announces completion of 1000 mw Simhadri thermal power station
-Commissions a 50-kilo watt peak solar photovoltaic grid interactive
power plant at Neil Island of Andaman & Nicobar Islands
-Gets Rs 80 cr contract from Hindalco
-Launches web pages for development and expansion of vendor base for
components required for energy meters
-Five employees of BHEL Tiruchi have been conferred with the
Viswakarma Rastriya Puraskar for their suggestion, which contributed
to productivity and efficiency at the plant
-Bags Rs 1,425 cr order to set up two 210 MW sets in UP
-Receives Rs 25-crore contract from PowerGrid Corporation of India
Ltd (PGCIL) to commission a 400-kv grid sub-station at Baripada in
-Bags Rs 15.5 crore order for a steam turbine generator (STG) for a
sugar co-generation power plant in Karnataka
-Receives order from Uttaranchal Power Corporation to set up new grid
-Receives award from Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) becoming
the first PSU to win this honour
-Gets order from Sterlite Group for steam generator
-Bags order from Uttaranchal Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd. to set up the 304
MW Maneri Bhali Hydro Electric project Stage-II in the state
-Bhel obtains order from NHPC to set up 800 mw Parbati hydro electric
-Forays into Operations & Maintenance (O&M) of power plants
-First indigenously manufactured advance class gas turbine
manufactured by BHEL, Ramachandrapuram unit flagged off to Gujarat
State Electricity Corporation (GSEC)
-BHEL and Skokdaexport tie-up for overseas projects
-Receives order for steam turbine generator from Chincholi Sugar
Mills (CSM) in Gulbarga district of Karnataka
-Forges alliance with Anna University, Chennai, for co-operation in
research, technology development and training
-Commissions solar photovoltaic systems for use in rural telephone
systems in Gujarat
-Bags 20 mw power plant order from Indian Oil Corporation's Mathura
-Bags Rs 1,589-crore order from Madhya Pradesh State Electricity
Board (MPSEB) to set up a 600 MW thermal unit at Barsinghpur
-BHEL and TCS tie-up to develop IT-based solutions for power sector
-Teams up with Alstom to bid for National Thermal Power Corporation's
(NTPC) Rs 9,000-crore 2,000 MW Sipat thermal project in Chattisgarh
-BHEL develops Automated Storage and Retrieval System
-Exports advance class gas turbine to Oman
-Executes turnkey contract of Damodar Valley Corporation (DVC)
-Announces the successful deployment of its solar panels on the
recently launched satellites Insat 3A and GSAT 2 by the Indian Space
Research Organisation (ISRO)
-Secures order from Jindal Steel and Power Ltd (JSPL) worth Rs. 40
crore for the supply of equipments at its Raigarh integrated steel
plant at Chhattisgarh
-Bags order from Delhi Transco Ltd. to set up 220 KV grid substation
in East Delhi
-Gets order worth Rs 475-cr from Indian Oil Corporation
-Signs MoU with National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) for running
and maintenance of power plants, engineering, procurement and
-Achieves another milestone by putting a 250-MW unit on full
generation in a record time of just 12 hours of its synchronisation
with the transmission grid in Rajasthan, resulting in substantial
savings to the utility
-Develops High Velocity Oxy Fuel (HVOF) spray technique to curb silt
-Bags order for supply of hydro turbine generator to Taiwan
-Awarded ISO 14001 and OHSA 18001 certifications by Det Norske
Veritas, Netherlands. The company bags the award for implementing an
integrated management system, HSE Health, Safety and Environment
-Bags order worth .5m from Gujarat Ambuja Cements Ltd. (GACL) to
supply a 30-MW steam turbine generator
-Gets Rs 36.30 crore contract for sewage treatment plant from
Chennai Metro Water Supply & Sewerage Board
-Wins Hind Zinc contract for 154-MW power plant
-Gets Rs 188-cr order from Tata Power
-Signs MoU with NTPC for engineering service venture
-Obtains a mega contract of worth Rs 1,412 crore for setting up the
1000 MW (stage II) Kahalgaon super thermal power project (STPP) in
Bihar, which is being implemented by the National Thermal Power
-Forged alliance with Netherlands-based Nordex for a pilot project in
-Bags Rs 1,700 crore Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
contract for 500 MW power project at Korba (East) in Chhatisgarh
-Receives orders worth Rs 16-cr from Tisco
- The company has bagged the award for excellence in Electronics
-The comapany gets hydro power order worth of mn order to set up
a 12 megawatt hydroelectric power project in India's eastern Mizoram
-BHEL sets up centre for excellence
-BHEL wins contract from Ambuja Cement
-BHEL gets Rs 2,700 cr orders from NTPC
-Bhel acquires order worth of Rs 21-cr from Navy
-Dr Hari Shankar Jain, Additional General Manager, heading the gas
insulated power equipment and switchgear laboratory at Bharat Heavy
Electricals Ltd's (BHEL) Corporate R&D division, has won the National
Design Award 2003
-BHEL gets compressor and drive turbine package contract worth of Rs
-Bhel bags Rs 599 Cr order to set up 250 MW power project in
-A Centre of Excellence (CoE) for simulators set up with an
investment of Rs 3.8 crore was been declared operational at the
corporate R&D unit of BHEL.
-Bhel bags Rs 197 cr power order from Gujarat Electricity Board.
-BHEL bags Rs 36 cr order from Bhushan Steel
-BHEL gets order for hydro electric project in Chhattisgarh
-With Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) opting to source equipment from
Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL), the power utility on Feb 20
delivered two sets of gas turbines and generators out of the Rs
475-crore order, under which it has to provide a total of four sets
-Gets Rs 333-cr order to set up 112 MW plant in Gujarat
- Changes in the Company's Directorate as on March 1, 2004 as
1. Shri H W Bhatnagar - Director (IS&P) Chairman & Managing Director
(From February 12, 2004)
2. Shri R C Aggarwal - Director (Power)
3. Shri C Srinivasan - Director (Finance)
4. Shri Ramji Rai - Director (ER&D)
5. Shri Ishan Shankar - Director (HR) upto February 28, 2004
6. Shri SK Jain - Director (HR)
7. Shri A Didar Singh, IAS - Director, Joint Secretary to the Govt of
8. Shri A C Wadhawan - Director
9. Dr Anand Patkar - Director
10. Shri G P Gupta - Director
11. Shri Sharad Upasani - Director
12. AH Jung - Director (From March 1, 2004)
13. Sudhir Sridhar Supe - Director (From March 1, 2004)
14. Ranjan Pant - Director (From March 1, 2004)
15. Vineet Nayyar - Director (From March 1, 2004).
-Gets Rs 160 crore three year order to supply oil exploration
equipment to state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp
-Bhushan Steel and Strips Limited had placed Rs 36 cr orders to BHEL
for one unit of 30.75 mw STG set along with WHRB of 57.5 tonne
capacity for the upcoming captive power plant at its Angul steel
plant in Orissa.
- Achieves a new milestone in the overseas markets with the
commissioning of its first new 70 MW `Advanced Class' gas
turbine-based generating unit in the Sultanate of Oman for Petroleum
Development Oman (PDO) a joint venture of the Government of Oman,
Shell International, Total and Partex is located at its Qarn Alam
project, about 400 km from Muscat.
-Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd
(BHEL) on April 2 announced the release of PowerPac-G, a software
product that addresses decision support and integrated asset
management needs of power generation plants. TCS and BHEL will
jointly market the product in the Indian and global markets, and
initial orders have been firmed up.
-Mr Bollepalli Ramachandra Rao has been appointed Executive Director
of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL - Hyderabad).
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has bagged a Rs 94-crore
contract from Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) to set up a
compressor package unit for the SAIL's Rourkela steel plant
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has secured a contract worth Rs
647 crore from Maharashtra State Electricity Board (MSEB) to set up a
250 MW power unit
-BHEL inks MoU with Oil India for land rigs upgradation
-Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) has bagged a Rs 80 crore export
order from Petroleum Development Oman
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel) has bagged a Rs 70-crore order
from Punjab State Electricity Board to set up a hydro-electric
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has bagged a Rs 142 crore contract for
a 120 mw plant in Jammu and Kashmir being set up National
hydroelectric power corporation
-The Bangalore-based electronics division of Bharat Heavy Electricals
Ltd has bagged an order for supplying solar photovoltaic cells to S.E.
-Bhel Ramachandrapuram has bagged a Rs 80-crore order from the
Petroleum Development Corporation (PDO), Lekhwair, Oman for supply of
the latest centrifugal gas compressor
-The Electronics Division of Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has
won a contract to set up five stand-alone solar power plants in the
Islands of Sunderbans, West Bengal
-Bhel has joined hands with a UN body 'Global Compact' to share
experiences with global corporate houses for greater focus on
corporate social responsibility
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has bagged a Rs 65 crore order from
national transmission utility Power Grid Corporation for setting up a
400/220 kV grid sub-station in Bihar on turnkey basis
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has secured an order for installation
of a 40 MW steam turbine generator set along with associated
auxiliaries, valued at Rs 21 crore, at the captive power plant of
Shriram Vinyl And Chemicals Ltd, Kota, Rajasthan, belonging to the
DCM Shriram Consolidation
-Power plant equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. said it
had won an order worth about Rs 2 crore (2,000) to supply disc
insulators to British firm Tyco Electronics
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has bagged an order from Steel
Authority of India Ltd (SAIL) for setting up a 15-MW captive power
plant at its steel complex in Bhilai
-Appoints AK Puri as the chairman and managing director of Bharat
Heavy Electricals Ltd (Bhel).
-Engineering giant Bhel has bagged a Rs 550 crore order for setting
up a 330 MW gas-based power plant in Rajasthan
-Bhel join hands with NTPC for 100 mw power plant in Hardwar
-Delists equity shares from the Madras Stock Exchange Ltd (MSE)
w.e.f. January 19, 2005.
- Delists equity shares of the Company voluntary from The Stock
Exchange, Ahmedabad (ASE) with effect from January 28, 2005.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) and Rural Electrification
Corporation (REC) have entered into a memorandum of understanding to
work jointly in offering solutions along with financial packages in
the power generation sector, covering both new power generation
projects and renovation and modernisation of existing power plants
-BHEL, TCS jointly working on marketing initiative 'Power Pack'
-BHEL has bagged its largest-ever commercial order of Rs 90.58 crore
for the supply of automated storage and retrieval system (ASRS)
against stiff national and international competition
-Appoints Dr V. Gopalakrishnan as Chief of the Bharat Heavy
Electricals Ltd at Tiruchi
- Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) teams up with National Thermal
Power Corporation (NTPC) for promoting a 100 mw IGCC (integrated
gassification and combined cycle) power project.
-Bhel gets two export orders from Oman
-Bhel's Trichy, Bangalore plants win five National Safety Awards
-BHEL opens 2nd unit at NTPC's Rihand station
-Bhel signs technology transfer agreement with Alstom
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has entered into a technology transfer
agreement with French power major Alstom
-BHEL inks agreement with IIT Madras for new courses
-Bechtel signs Dabhol agreement with BHEL
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Tiruchirapalli on May 31 signed a MoU with
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli to recognize and
strengthen institute-industry interaction.
-BHEL targets .7 bn contract in B'desh
-BHEL has got a Rs 165 crore order from IOC for establishing a power
plant at the oil major's Haldia refinery in West Bengal.
-BHEL and French company Alstom will together produce 1,50,000MW of
power over the next ten years.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has appointed Shri. N Gokulram
as Part-time Official Director on the Board of the Company w.e.f.
January 25, 2007.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has informed that Shri. Vineet
Nayyar, Part-time, Non-Official (Independent) Director, has ceased to
be on the Board of the Company with effect from February 28, 2007 on
account of expiry of tenure.
- BHEL has raised its research & development spend to Rs 238 crore
during fiscal 2006-07, up from Rs 152 crore last year.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has won orders for the
supply and installation of the main plant package at the upcoming
Jhajjar Super Thermal Power Project in Haryana. Valued at over Rs
2,900 Crore, the orders have been placed by Aravali Power Company
Private Limited (APCPL), a joint venture company of NTPC, IPGPL and
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) and NTPC Ltd have singed a
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to form a Joint Venture Company
with the propose to work jointly to complement their respective
strength and to carry out engineering procurement and construction
(EPC) activities in the power sector.
- BHEL, NTPC ink MoU for power projects.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has won a turnkey order for
setting up a captive power plant at a steel plant in West Bengal.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)has informed that a Joint Venture
agreement between the Company and NTPC Ltd has been singed on December
17, 2007 for Establishment and Operation of Joint Venture company for
taking up EPC business.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals has given the Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Trichy, has secured orders
worth Rs 15,000 crore, its all-time high. BHEL, said the recent MoU
with the TNEB for setting up two 800 Mw thermal power stations near
Chennai had resulted in the power plant major bagging orders.
-Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has informed that pursuant to
order dated March 04, 2008 issued by Ministry of Heavy Industries and
Public Enterprises, Department of Heavy Industry, Shri. K Ravi Kumar
Director (Power)/BHEL has been entrusted with additional charge of
the post of the Chairman and Managing Director/BHEL w.e.f. March 01,
- BHEL ties up with AP Genco for Vizag unit.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd has secured the Engineering Export
Promotion Council's top export award for the 18th successive year.
Conferred on BHEL in the category 'Star Performer in 2006-07: Project
Exports - Large Enterprise', the award was presented by the Minister
for External Affairs, Mr Pranab Mukherjee. It has identified overseas
business as a major thrust area as part of its 'Strategic Plan 2012'.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) declared on Aug 26 it had
secured a contract for export of two gas turbine generating units
worth Rs 140 crore in the United Arab Emirates.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has established its fourth
Centre of Excellence Surface Engineering (COE-SE) at its corporate
R&D division in Hyderabad at an investment of Rs 8.4 crore.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has announced that Under
International Competitive Bidding (ICB), the Company has won orders
for the supply and installation of the Main Plant Package at the
upcoming Jhajjar Super Thermal Power Project in Haryana, involving
three units of 500 MW each.
- BHEL, Trichy, has secured orders worth Rs 15,000 crore, its
all-time high. BHEL, said the recent MoU with the TNEB for setting up
two 800 Mw thermal power stations near Chennai had resulted in the
power plant major bagging orders.
- BHEL has received a Rs 1,150 crore turnkey contract for setting up
an energy-efficient 153-MW captive power plant at Bhatinda in Punjab.
The Rs 1,150 -crore order has been placed on the company by HMEL, a
joint venture of HPCL and Mittal Energy Ltd.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) gets Rs 14.74 billion contract from
the government controlled NTPC.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals on June 12 said it has bagged a Rs
4,015-crore from Hindalco Industries for supplying boilers, turbines
and generators at its 900-MW captive power plant in Orissa.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL) has secured an order from
Hindal India Thermal Power Ltd. worth Rs. 2,600-crore for its 1,200
MW (2 x 600 MW) greenfield power project located at Derang in the
Angul district of Orissa.
- BHEL has bagged a Rs. 1,300-crore order from NTECL, a joint venture
of power producer NTPC and Tamil Nadu Energy Company, for supply of
turbines to the upcoming Vallur Thermal Power Project in Tamil Nadu.
- BHEL has bagged a Rs. 1,300-crore order from NTECL, a joint venture
of power producer NTPC and Tamil Nadu Energy Company, for supply of
turbines to the upcoming Vallur Thermal Power Project in Tamil Nadu.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has informed that Shri Shekhar
Datta has been appointed as Part-time Non-Official Director on the
Board of BHEL, w.e.f. November 27, 2009.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) has appointed Shri O. P.
Bhutani as Director (Engineering, Research & Development) on the
Board of BHEL w.e.f. December 24, 2009.
- Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited (BHEL), Indian power equipment
maker, has bagged orders valued at Rs 900 crore from Oil and Natural
Gas Commission (ONGC) in order to supply six on-shore oil rigs.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has bagged orders worth Rs
3,348 crore in order to set up 376 MW captive power plant at the
upcoming Paradip Refinery Project of Indian Oil Corp in Orissa.
- BHEL stated that it has bagged a Rs 6,300 crore order for setting
up an energy-efficient power plant in Karnataka.
- BHEL said it signed a technology transfer agreement with U.K.-based
Sheffield Forgemasters International to produce forgings for turbines
and generators up to 1,000 MW rating.
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) has bagged a Rs 2,665 crore
order for supply and installation of the main plant package for Dainik
Bhaskar Power Limited's 2x600 MW coal-based thermal power project at
Baradarha, in Chhattisgarh.
-BHEL bags Rs.37,829 Million Mega Contract for installing 2x660 MW
Supercritical Thermal Sets from Dainik Bhaskar Power Limited
- BHEL bags major contract for 1,200 MW Thermal Power Plant;
Singareni Collieries reposes confidence, places Rs.40,710 Million
Mega Contract for setting up thermal power plant in Andhra Pradesh
- BHEL employees win 8 Prime Minister's Shram Awards
- BHEL employees win 5 Vishwakarma National Awards and BHEL Units bag
3 National Safety Awards
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 2
- BHEL-developed India's first Ultra High Voltage AC 1200 kV
Transformer successfully commissioned
- BHEL pays all-time high 136 per cent Interim Dividend for fiscal
- BHEL signs Rs.6,300 Million Contract with Abhijeet Projects Limited
for setting up a 300 MW Thermal Power Plant in Visakhapatnam
- BHEL wins SCOPE Meritorious Award 2010-11 for Best Practices in
Human Resource Management
- BHEL bags contract for installing 160 MW Combined Cycle Power Plant
at Ramgarh in Rajasthan
- BHEL wins major contract for 500 MW thermal power plant; NTPC
reposes confidence, places Rs.1,143 Crore order for setting up
thermal unit at Vindhyachal
- BHEL receives Rs.9,500 Million Mega Contract for 1,020 MW
Hydroelectric Project in Bhutan
- BHEL Signs MoU with Govt. of Tajikistan for setting up a 100 MW
Hydro-Electric Power Project in the Republic of Tajikistan
- BHEL pays all-time high Equity Dividend of 320 per cent for fiscal
- Mr. B.P. Rao, CMD, BHEL wins Power Man of the Year Award
- The Hon'ble President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, presenting
the National Energy Conservation Award 2012 to Mr. B. Prasada Rao,