1958 - The Company was Incorporated. The Company was converted into
public limited Company on 28th December 1996. The
manufacture and deal in insecticides, fungicides,
other chemicals for plant protection purposes, domestic
public health products, rubber chemicals and
1963 - The Name of the Company was changed from Bayer Agrochem Pvt.
Ltd., to Bayer (India), Ltd.
1964 - Shares subdivided. Allotted 1,46,160 shares to Farben
Bayer A.G. and 58,570 shares to directors, etc. 56,270
offered at par to the public in January 1965.
1967 - In July, 35,000 right shares issued at par (prop. 2:15).
1968 - 4,335 shares issued to foreign collaborators.
1972 - 60,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:5.
1975 - 32,250 right shares issued (prem. Rs 100 per share; prop.
1977 - 3,92,250 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
1978 - 26,500 shares issued (prem. Rs 100 per share); 9,000 shares
employees & 17,500 shares to UTI.
1986 - Letter of Intent which was received earlier for the
of cypermethrin equivalent to 20 tonnes of 100%
material was converted into an industrial licence.
1987 - 8,11,000 Bonus shares issued in proportion 1:1.
1988 - Government's clearance was received for the manufacture of
parathion 2% dust at Himatnagar in Gujarat State.
- The Company's R&D unit carries out research on a wide
of products viz., insecticides, herbicides and
formulations of Bayer, Bayleton, Folithion WP40, Bilfol
Rocomin Tracking powder were developed with indigenous
- Farbenfabriken Bayer A.G., Leverkusen (West Germany),
company holds 8,27,256 No. of equity shares of the
- Miles India Ltd., has allotted 287,350 No. of Equity
Rs 10 each to the Company.
1989 - New products such as bayleton, a systemic fungicide, Bilfol 20
insecticides and Recumin a rodenticide received
under the Insecticides Act.
1992 - The Company introduced Technicon line of automated chemistry
and Haemotology systems.
1993 - The Agrochemicals division introduced sencor - a herbicide
sugarcane, potato, tomato etc, Bayor - a fungicide for
apples and Bilchlor - a herbicide for rice.
- The Diagnostic Division introduced Bayer Diagnostic
State-of-the-art Technologies. During the year, the
division undertook to set up a testing laboratory for
1994 - Two new products viz. Bayrusil, an insecticide and Bilron, a
weedicide for wheat were launched and introduced new
viz. Sencor, Bayleton, Baycor and Bilchlor.
- The health care division introduced new products such as
(anti fungal ointment), Autan - a mosquito repellant
Racumin - a new generation rodenticide and Diphyl - a
transfer fluid were launched in the market.
1995 - The health care unit launched `Adalat Oros' a
cardiovascular drug manufactured using laser technology.
consumer care unit launched `Avtar' a mosquito repellent
- During the year, the Company set up a new business group
`plastic' to focus on the specific needs the fast growing
for engineering plastics.
- The Agrochemicals group and the healthcare group launched
`Bilfen' a controller of harmful insects and `Bayclip' a
ciprofloxacin were launched respectively. In the field
consumer care products, solfac used to control Malaria
1996 - Synthetic pyrethroid Bilfen was introduced during the year.
products launched were Baycip (ciprofloaxin) and Solfac
the control of Malaria.
1997 - New products launched during the year were Kelthane, an
used for control of mites, Goal a weedicide and
fungicide used for control of powdery mildew. Baygon
flying insect killer aerosol and Baygon coil were test
- Bayer Industries Ltd, the 100 per cent Indian subsidiary
German giant Bayer AG, is hiking its open offer price for
acquisition of shares in the Vadodara-based ABS
- Bayer Industries Ltd. has received the requisite
the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB),
Company Affairs and the Reserve Bank of India to proceed
its investments announced joint ventures.
- The company entered into a joint venture with the Indian
group, Chennai, to manufacture and sell leather
- Bayer (India) Ltd's Thane plant was awarded the safety
recognition of it's excellence in industrial safety
among the large chemical units in Thane for the year
the Thane Manufacturers Association (TMA).
- Assumptions wage hike ranging between Rs 1,582 and Rs
month, additional credit facilities and access to
resorts are some of the highlights of a wage agreement
will benefit 850 employees of pharmaceutical major Bayer
- Bayer AG has set up a wholly owned subsidiary called
Industries Ltd, which will make and market chemicals
healthcare products and source raw materials for the
multinational's global requirements.
- Bayer ABS Industries the joint venture between Bayer
and Baroda-based ABS Industries plans to reach a capacity
2,000 tonnes of high grade engineering plastics by the
- The company had entered into separate agreement with its
distributors and stockists as far as discounts were
1998 - Bayer India has launched Glucobay, an oral anti-diabetic and
research product of its German parent Bayer AG.
- The company has launched Baygon Genius Liquid vaporiser
northern and western markets.
- Bayer has launched Baygon Genius Liquid Vaporiser.
- German multinational Bayer is likely to compensate its
subsidiary for the recent transfer of a host of
brands to its newly-formed joint venture with the
- The company's leather chemicals joint venture will
and market over 400 Bayer leather processing products.
1999 - Subject to necessary approvals, the scheme of amgalamation of
Jagat Chemicals Ltd. with the company has to become
from Janaury 1st.
- Bayer-Zydus, the proposed pharma joint venture between
DM 55 billion Bayer AG of Germany and the
group has failed to take off eight months after it was
signed leaving a question mark over its future.
- Bayer India is planning to merge its 100 per cent
Jagat Chemicals with itself.
- Bayer has introduced two products, Gaucho 70 WS and
200SL, and cotton farmers will receive cotton seed
- Bayer India is a 51 per cent subsidiary of the
- The company is participating for the first time in an
international competitive bid for a malaria control
by the World Bank.
- The Indian subsidiary of multinational Bayer AG will spin
its entire photographic and medical equipment division
separate entity under the Agfa brand.
2000 - Bayer India that it is spinning off its pharmaceutical
into a new company, Bayer Pharmaceuticals, which will be
full-owned subsidiary of parent Bayer AG.
- Bayer has introduced Baygon Cockroach Specialist and
Mosquito Specialist - two specialist aerosol sprays in
the Indian markets.
- Drug major Wockhardt Ltd and German chemicals and drugs
Bayer AG signed a marketing pact for a Bayer drug.
2002- Mehernosh Homi Kapadia appointed as Compliance Officer of
-Appoints Mr Mehernosh Homi Kapadia as the compliance officer.
-Shifts its Head Office from Mumbai to Thane.
-Indian Syntans Investments raises its objection to the company's
open offer to minority shareholders of Aventis Cropscience.
-Sebi approves BSC's open offer of Rs.157 per share of Aventis
-Board approves for the sale/disposal of the Household Insecticides
business of the Consumer Care Division.
-Minitry approves Bayer's proposal to convert Aventis into a 100%
-Board approves for the Scheme of amalgamation of Bayer Cropscience
India Ltd with the company.
-Mr Stephen Gerlich, appointed as Director and MD of the company in
place of Mr Dieter Kambeck .
-Board approves for the formation of 100% subsidiary and transfer of
non-cropscience business of the company to such subsidiaries.
- Mr S Gerlich ceases to be the Managing Director of the company wef
closing hours of December 19, 2003, but continues to be the Director
on the Board. He has been designated as the vice Chairman of the
- Mr SM Kulkarni ceases to be a Director of the company wef the
closing hours of December 19, 2003.
- Mr HV Goenka and Mr DC Shroff cease to be Directors on Board wef
the closing hours of December 19, 2003.
-Bayer (India) Ltd is to be renamed as Bayer CropScience Ltd. This
decision is pursuant to the merger of Bayer (India) Ltd and Bayer
CropScience India in 2003.
-Bayer CropScience Ltd has appointed Mr. Kaikobad Mistry as a
Director in the casual vacancy on the Board of the Company with
effect from, July 01, 2008.
- The Board has recommended a dividend of Rs 2.80 per share.
- Board has recommended a dividend of Rs. 4/- per share.
- Bayer Crop - Status of production activities at Ankleshwar.
- Board has recommended a dividend of Rs. 4.2/- per share.
- Mr. Rajiv Wani has been appointed as the Company Secretary and
-Board recommended a Dividend of Rs. 5 per share.
-Bayer CropScience opens Weed Resistance Competence Center in
-Bayer HealthCare to invest up to USD 25 million in “Versant Venture
Capital V” fund
-Bayer completes acquisition of Dihon Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd.
-Bayer CropScience acquires European distribution rights for
biofungicide Contans from Belchim Crop Protection