- The Bank was incorporated on 3rd December and Certificate of
business on 14th December. The Bank transacts banking business of
all description. UTI Bank Ltd. was promoted by Unit Trust of India,
Life Insurance Corporation of India, General Insurance Corporation of
and its four subsidiaries.
- The bank was the first private sector bank to get a license under
the new guidelines issued by the RBI.
- The Bank obtained license to act as Depository Participant with
NSDL and applied for registration with SEBI to act as `Trustee to
- Rupees 100 crores was contributed by UTI, the rest from LIC Rs 7.5
crores, GIC and its four subsidiaries Rs 1.5 crores each.
- The Bank has 28 branches in urban and semi urban areas as on 31st
July. All the branches are fully computerised and networked through
VSAT. ATM services are available in 27 branches.
- The Bank came out with a public issue of 1,50,00,000 No. of equity
shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 11 per share aggregating to
Rs 31.50 crores and Offer for sale of 2,00,00,000 No. of equity
shares for cash at a price of Rs 21 per share. Out of the public
shares were reserved for allotment on preferencial basis to employees
of UTI Bank. Balance of 3,47,80,000 shares were offered to the
- The company offers ATM cards, using which account-holders can
withdraw money from any of the bank's ATMs across the country which
are inter-connected by VSAT.
- UTI Bank has launched a new retail product with operational
flexibility for its customers.
- UTI Bank will sign a co-brand agreement with the market, leader,
Citibank NA for entering into the highly promising credit card
- UTI Bank promoted by India's pioneer mutual fund Unit Trust of
India along with LIC, GIC and its four subsidiaries.
- UTI Bank and Citibank have launched an international co-branded
- UTI Bank and Citibank have come together to launch an international
co-branded credit card under the MasterCard umbrella.
- UTI Bank Ltd has inaugurated an off site ATM at Ashok Nagar here,
taking the total number of its off site ATMs to 13.m
- The Bank has announced the launch of Tele-Depository Services for
its depository clients.
- UTI Bank has launch of `iConnect', its Internet banking Product.
- UTI Bank has signed a memorandum of understanding with
equitymaster.com for e-broking activities of the site.
- Infinity.com financial Securities Ltd., an e-broking outfit is
typing up with UTI Bank for a banking interface.
- Geojit Securities Ltd, the first company to start online trading
services, has signed a MoU with UTI Bank to enable investors to
buy\sell demat stocks through the company's website.
- Indiabulls has signed a memorandum of understanding with UTI Bank.
- UTI Bank has entered into an agreement with Stock Holding
Corporation of India for providing loans against shares to SCHCIL's
customers and funding investors in public and rights issues.
- ICRA has upgraded the rating og UTI Bank's Rs 500-crore certificate
of deposit programme to A1+.
- UTI Bank has tied up with L&T Trade.com for providing customised
online trading solution for brokers.
- UTI Bank launched a private placement of non-convertible debentures
to raise up to Rs 75 crore.
- UTI Bank has opened two offsite ATMs and one extension counter with
an ATM in Mangalore, taking its total number of ATMs across the
country to 355.
- UTI Bank has recorded a 62 per cent rise in net profit for the
quarter ended September 30, 2001, at Rs 30.95 crore. For the second
quarter ended September 30, 2000, the net profit was Rs 19.08 crore.
The total income of the bank during the quarter was up 53 per cent
Rs 366.25 crore.
- UTI Bank Ltd has informed BSE that Shri B R Barwale has resigned as
a Director of the Bank w.e.f. January 02, 2002. A C Shah, former
chairman of Bank of Baroda, also retired from the bank’s board in the
third quarter of last year. His place continues to be vacant. M
took over as the director of the board after taking in the reins of
UTI. B S Pandit has also joined the bank’s board subsequent to the
retirement of K G Vassal.
- UTI Bank Ltd has informed that Shri Paul Fletcher has been
appointed as an Additional Director Nominee of CDC Financial Service
(Mauritius) Ltd of the Bank.And Shri Donald Peck has been appointed
as an Additional Director (nominee of South Asia Regional Fund) of
- UTI Bank Ltd has informed that on laying down the office of
Chairman of LIC on being appointed as Chairman of SEBI, Shri G N
Bajpai, Nominee Director of LIC has resigned as a Director of the
- B Paranjpe & Abid Hussain cease to be the Directors of UTI Bank.
- UTI Bank Ltd has informed that in the meeting of the Board of
Directors following decisions were taken: Mr Yash Mahajan, Vice
Chairman and Managing Director of Punjab Tractors Ltd was appointed
as an Additional Director with immediate effect. Mr N C Singhal
former Vice Chairman and Managing Director of SCICI was appointed as
an Additional Director with immediate effect.
-ABN Amro, UTI Bank in pact to share ATMs.
-UTI Bank Ltd has informed BSE that a meeting of the Board of
Directors of the Bank is scheduled to be held on October 24, 2002 to
consider and take on record the unaudited half yearly/quarterly
financial results of the Bank for the half year/Quarter ended
September 30, 2002.
-UTI Bank Ltd has informed that Shri J M Trivedi has been appointed
as an alternate director to Shri Donald Peck with effect from
November 2, 2002.
-UTI Bank Ltd has informed BSE that at the meeting of the Board of
Directors of the company held on January 16, 2003, Shri R N
Bharadwaj, Managing Director of LIC has been appointed as an
Additional Director of the Bank with immediate effect.
- UTI Bank, the private sector bank has opeaned a branch at Nellore.
The bank's Chairman and Managing Director, Dr P.J. Nayak,
inaugurating the bank branch at GT Road on May 26. Speaking on the
occasion, Dr Nayak said, This marks another step towards the
extensive customer banking focus that we are providing across the
country and reinforces our commitment to bring superior banking
services, marked by convenience and closeness to customers.
-UTI Bank Ltd. has informed the Exchange that at its meeting held on
June 25, 2003 the BOD have decided the following: 1) To appoint Mr. A
T Pannir Selvam, former CMD of Union Bank of India and Prof. Jayanth
Varma of the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad as additional
directors of the Bank with immediate effect. Further, Mr. Pannir
Selvam will be the nominee director of the Administrator of the
specified undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (UTI-I) and Mr.
Jayanth Varma will be an Independent Director. 2) To issue
Non-Convertible Unsecured Redeemable Debentures upto Rs.100 crs, in
one or more tranches as the Bank's Tier - II capital.
-UTI has been authorised to launch 16 ATMs on the Western Railway
-UTI filed suit against financial institutions IFCI Ltd in the debt
recovery tribunal at Mumbai
to recover Rs.85cr in dues.
-UTI bank made an entry to the Food Credit Programme, it has made an
entry into the
59 cluster which includes private sector, public sector, old private
sector and co-operative
-Shri Ajeet Prasad, Nminee of UTI has resigned as the director of the
-Banks Chairman and MD Dr.P.J.Nayak inaugurated a new branch at
-UTI bank allots shares under Employee Stock Option Scheme to its
-Unveils pre-paid travel card 'Visa Electron Travel Currency Card'
-Allotment of 58923 equity shares of Rs 10 each under ESOP.
-UTI Bank ties up with UK govt fund for contract farming
-Shri B S Pandit, nominee of the Administrator of the Specified
Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India (UTI-I) has resigned as a
director from the Bank wef November 12, 2003.
-UTI Bank unveils new ATM in Sikkim
-Comes out with Rs. 500 mn Unsecured Redeemable Non-Convertible
Debenture Issue, issue fully subscribed
-UTI Bank Ltd has informed that Shri Ajeet Prasad, Nominee of the
Administrator of the Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of India
(UTI - I) has been appointed as an Additional Director of the Bank
w.e.f. January 20, 2004.
-UTI Bank opens new branch in Udupi
-UTI Bank, Geojit in pact for trading platform in Qatar
-UTI Bank ties up with Shriram Group Cos
-Unveils premium payment facility through ATMs applicable to LIC &
UTI Bank customers
-Metaljunction (MJ)- the online trading and procurement joint venture
of Tata Steel and Steel Authority of India (SAIL)- has roped in UTI
Bank to start off own equipment for Tata Steel.
-DIEBOLD Systems Private Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Diebold
Incorporated, has secured a major contract for the supply of ATMs and
services to UTI Bank
-HSBC completes acquisition of 14.6% stake in UTI Bank for .6 m
-UTI Bank installs ATM in Thiruvananthapuram
-Launches `Remittance Card' in association with Remit2India, a Web
site offering money-transfer services
- UTI Bank enters into a bancassurance partnership with Bajaj Allianz
General for selling general insurance products through its branch
-UTI Bank launches its first Satellite Retail Assets Centre (SRAC) in
Karnataka at Mangalore.
-UTI Bank unveils priority banking lounge
- UTI Bank launches operations of UBL Sales, its Sales Subsidiary -
Inaugurates its first office in Bengaluru
-UTI Bank announces the launch of its Credit Card Business
- UTI Bank becomes the first Indian Bank to successfully issue
Foreign Currency Hybrid Capital in the International Market
- UTI Bank Business Gold Debit Card MasterCard Launched - Designed
for business related spending by SMEs and self employed
-AXIS Bank Ltd has informed that consequent upon handing over charge
as Administrator of the Specified Undertaking of the Unit Trust of
India (SUUTI), Shri. S B Mathur, the Nominee Director of SUUTI has
resigned as a Director of the Bank w.e.f. December 06, 2007.
-AXIS Bank Ltd has informed that Fitch Ratings on December 14, 2007,
has upgraded the Bank's National Long-term rating to 'AAA(ind)' from
-AXIS Bank Ltd hasappointed Shri K N Prithviraj as an Additional
Director on the Board at Directors of the Bank.
- Company name has been changed from UTI Bank Ltd toAxis Bank Ltd.
- Axis Bank launches Platinum Credit Card, India's first EMV chip
- Axis Bank set up its branch at Ilanji at Meenakshi Nagar on the
Coutralam-Madurai road on April 16.
- Axis Bank today said its board has recommended the appointment of
Shikha Sharma, currently chief of ICICI group's life insurance
business, as its next managing director and CEO.
- Axis Bank has set up a new branch at Perumbavoor. The bank has a
network of 832 branches along with 8 extension counters and 3622 ATMs
across the country.
- Axis Bank, on Wednesday entered into a strategic alliance with
Motilal Oswal, the financial services firm, in order to facilitate
the online trading for the bank's customers.
- AXIS Bank Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Bank
at its meeting held on June 01, 2009, inducted Smt. Shikha Sharma as
an Additional Director of the Bank.
- Axis bank has received final clearance from the Securities and
Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to begin its mutual fund operations
and will launch debt and equity schemes soon whereas IDBI Bank is
awaiting the regulator's permit for an entry.
- Axis Bank opened the new branch at Irinjalakuda while it has a
network of 892 branches, 8 extension counters and 3,806 ATMs across
- Axis Bank Limited has informed that at the meeting of the Board of
Directors held on January 15, 2010, the following decisions were
taken: (1) To appoint Dr. Adarsh Kishore, former Finance Secretary,
Government of India and former Executive Director, International
Monetary Fund representing Bangladesh, Bhutan, India and Sri Lanka,
as the Non-Executive Chairman of the Bank, subject to RBI approval;
(2) To appoint Shri S.B. Mathur, former Chairman, LIC and the
National Stock Exchange of India, as an Additional Independent
Director, with immediate effect.
- AXIS Bank Ltd has appointed Shri M. S. Sundara Rajan, former CMD,
Indian Bank as an Additional Independent Director with immediate
- Axis bank acquires 4 percent stake in Max New York Life
- Axis Bank has bought a property in central Mumbai from Bombay
Dyeing where it will shift its corporate headquarters. Its worth
- Axis Bank is acquiring investment banking and securities unit of
Enam Securities Pvt Ltd in an all stock deal for Rs.2,067 Cr (around
6 Mn) in order to expand its broking and investment banking
- Axis Bank launches online trading platform AxisDirect
- Axis Bank has launches pre-paid VISA card i.e. MY MONEY CARD.
- Axis Bank opens new representative office in Abu Dhabi
- Axis Bank partners with NIIT IFBI to introduce PG Diploma in Retail
- Axis Bank inducts Schroders as a 25% partner in Axis AMC.
- Axis Bank, Axis Capital, joined hands with Baird, an international,
employee-owned financial services firm, to ofer investment banking
-Axis Bank launches - Axis Bank - ISB Women Leadership Programme
-Axis Bank launches unique product ‘Empower Home Loans’ for self
-Axis Bank, Lufthansa Miles & More launch co-branded credit card
-Axis Bank launches new and improved 'Senior Privilege Savings
-Axis Bank launches ‘Axis Bank- ISIC Forex Card’ for Students
-Axis Bank launches DREAM HOME FESTIVAL 2013 in Bengaluru
-Axis Bank, the first Indian Private sector bank to set up a branch
-Axis Bank launches ‘Asha Home Loans’
-Axis Bank signs MoU with China Development Bank
-Axis Bank launches e - surveillance facility at ATM locations
-Axis Bank features in Forbes Asia’s FAB 50 list for the fourth time
-Axis Bank opens its first 'All Women Branch' at Patna, Bihar
-Axis Bank has splits its face value from Rs 10/- to 2/-