- The Company was incorporated as Hoechst Fedco Pharma Pvt. Ltd. on
31st March. The word `Private' was deleted on 19th April, 1961 as
Company was deemed to be Public Limited Company under Section 41-A
- The Company manufacture bulk drugs, drug intermediates, veterinary
formulations and pesticides. They established with financial and
technical collaboration of Farbwerke Hoechst AG (now Hoechst AG),
Germany, which is one of the largest chemical and pharmaceutical
manufacturing groups in the world.
- Under the Licence and Technical Collaboration Agreement dated 11th
July, made between Hoechst AG and the Company, the Company was inter
alia granted the right to use the word `HOECHST' in its corporate
and the use of the trade marks owned by Hoechst AG in India in
of various pharmaceutical preparations which would be manufactured
marketed by the Company in India on the terms and conditions
in the said Agreement.
- 10,000 Pref. and 10,000 No. of Equity shares of Rs 100 each issued
promoters. 5000 Pref. and 9,867 No. of Equity shares as Rights in
proportion to holdings.
- The Company set up a manufacturing unit at Mulund, for production
basic drugs. In also manufactures intermediates including some of
latest discoveries in the Hoechst Group involving high technology
application of sophisticated modern manufacturing techniques. It
supplies basic drugs to other pharmaceutical companies in India as
as to Europe.
- 28,133 No. of Equity shares issued as Rights.
- 37,800 bonus equity shares issued, propn., 3:5. In June and
17,000 No. of Equity shares issued as Rights.
- 57,222 Bonus equity shares issued in the proportion 49:100.
- 1,64,990 Bonus equity shares issued in the proportion 94:100,
- 1,70,256 Bonus equity shares issued in the proportion 1:2.
- The Company set up a manufacturing unit at the Kandla Free Trade
to cater to the increasing export market for its products.
- 2,55,384 Bonus equity shares issued in the proportion 1:2.
- The main objects of the public issue was to achieve the voluntary
dilution of Hoechst AG's holding in the Company from 50% to 40% and
also to provide the requirements of long term resources for capital
expenditure to be incurred on account of normal replacement and
renovation of capital assets, continuous modernisation and
programmes to achieve efficiency and use of the lates techniques and
methods of manufacture to impart high quality and sophistication to
- 1,19,538 No. of equity shares issued (Prem. of Rs 100 per share)
July, of which 3,800 shares to business associates and 9,600 shares
employees including working directors) were reserved for
allotment. The balance 1,78,138 shares offered for public
- The Land and building water works, plant and machinery of the
were revalued as on 31st December.
- A new company under the name Hoechst Nepal Pvt. Ltd., was
incorporated as a subsidiary of the Company in February in Nepal.
- A new extension of the Haemaccel plant at Mulund and a
fine chemicals plant for bulk drugs at Ankleshwar went into
- During the year, an industrial licence was obtained for the
manufacture of Petoxifylline (TRENTAL), 2 tonnes of
(BATRAFEN), an antifungal drug and 5.30 lakhs TPA of diagnostic
reagents at Ankleshwar.
- Industrial licence was, received for the manufacture of 2 lakh
of purified chick embroy cell culture vaccine (Human rabies vaccine)
known as RABIPUR.
- The Company obtained Central Government approval under the
Act, 1969 to the establishment of a new undertaking for producing,
processing and selling hybrid and high - yielding varieties of
- The Company issued 2,30,000 - 14% secured redeemable
debentures of Rs 100 each on private placement basis. These are
redeemable at a premium of Rs 5 per debenture on 1st February, 1996.
- The Company re-entered the antifugual market with the introduction
BATRAFEN which was an original research product of the Company's
collaborators Hoechst AG, West Germany.
- The Company introduced a new insecticide HOSTATHION. FLAVOMYCIN,
a modern performance promoter for poultry was launched during the
- The Pharma formulation plant was commissioned at Ankleshwar in
October, liquid injectible automatic filling line was commissioned
Mulund in September.
- New pharma products introduced were TARIVID (a modern oral
antibacterial), AVIL retard (sustained release formulation for
treatment of allergies) and TABLON (a formulation containing
for the treatment of pain).
- In co-operation with Boots Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a new
drug `FLUROFEN' was introduced.
- A letter of intent were received for BARALGAN Ketone and
Glybenclamide and formulations, Hostathion technical and
Fenbendazole substance and formulations and Ethion technical and
formulations at the Company's works in Ankleshwar. Industrial
was received for manufacture of LASIX retard besides receiving
endorsement for manufacture of 13 tonnes of AVIL maleate.
- A new herbicide Klass (Diuron) was introduced during the year.
`Butox' and `Tolzan' were the new products introduced for external
- Industrial licences were received for manufacture of Tonophosphan,
Berenil and Fenbendazole and their formulations at Ankleshwar.
of intent were received for manufacture of Novalgin tablets and
Roxatidine and their formulations at Ankleshwar and Lasiride and
Betrafen and their formulations at Mulund.
- The Company revalued its free-hold land, buildings etc and the net
surplus of Rs 470,733,868 arising out of its was transferred partly
capital reserve (Rs 149,489,737) and to Revaluation reserve (Rs
- A modern anti hypertensive `Rene Dil' and latest anti-ulcer drug.
`Rotane' were introduced during the year.
- Industrial licences were received for manufacture of Baralgan,
Glybenclamide, and their formulations, Roxatidine, Lasiride and
formulations and Novalgin tablets at Ankleshwar and Batrafen
formulations at Mulund.
- Letters of intent were received for manufacture of Ranipril and
formulations, Tabalon tablets and Tarivid tablets at Ankleshwar and
cosavil syrup and Streptase formulations at Mulund.
- An additional super centrifuge and auxilliary equipments for the
plant in Ankleshwar were installed and commissioned.
- 19,38,411 No. of Equity shares of Rs 10 each issued at a premium
Rs 60 per share to Hoechst AG to raise its capital from 40% to 51%.
- A product cardare, an ACE inhibitor was introduced. An oral
vaccine called typhonal was also introduced. Candur-R, and
vaccine was launched during the year.
- With effect from 1st April, the Scheme of Arrangement was
for transfer of the company's agrochemicals division to Hoechst
Schering Agrofoo Ltd. In terms of the scheme every shareholder of
Company holding 50 shares, were allotted 10 shares of Rs 10 each of
Hoechst Schering Agrofoo Ltd. without any payment.
- Roussel India, Ltd. in which the Company held 4,18,560 No. of
shares out of 6,27,840 No. of equity shares of Rs 100 each issued is
subsidiary of the Company.
- 115,15,311 shares issued at a bonus shares in proportion 1:1.
- The new products such as ACE inhibitor, Cardace etc. was
The Company launched INSUMAN (human insulin) apart from Floxidin a
broad spectrum antibiotic. Due to the technical difficulties, the
Company had to close both foot and mouth disease vaccine and Candur
- Roussel India Ltd., the Company's subsidiary was amalgamated with
Company. Accordingly the name of the Company was changed to Hoechst
Marion Roussel Ltd., effective 1st January, 1996.
- `Insuman' an anti-diabetic drug was launched. The production of
`Baralgan' was suspended as per the Govt. order.
- The capacity of Rabipur plant at Ankleshwar was expanded from 1.8
million doses to 3.5 million doses per annum to meet the increased
demand for the product.
- The Company proposed to set up a joint venture company with Chiron
Corporation, USA for manufacture of vaccines of Chiron group. The
company proposed to take up 49% of the share capital of the said
- The Company proposed to introduce four new products viz. Frisium
(anti-epileptic). Amaryl (oran anti-diabetic) cefrom (4th
cephalosporin) and Targocil (Glycopeptide)
- The German drug multinational Hoechst Roussel is buying out the
equity stakes of Colour Chem and two individual entrepreneurs in its
Indian joint venture, Hoechst Roussel Vet Private Limited, to
it into a fully-owned subsidiary.
- Currently, Hoechst Roussel Vet GmbH, along with its subsidiary
Hoechst Schering Agrevo Ltd, holds 51 per cent equity in the joint
- Hoechst-Huabei Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd, is a 50:50 greenfield
venture between Hoechst Marion Roussel and North china
Group Corporation (NCPC).
- Hoechst Marion Roussel recently forged a manufacturing joint
for vaccines with the Chiron group in India.
- Hoechst Marion Roussel (HMR), a 51 per cent subsidiary of Hoechst
Marion Roussel, Germany, has a significant presence in
and agrochemicals industries.
- The new joint venture company will manufacture the anti rabies
vaccine Rabipur and other vaccines of the Chiron Group.
- HMRL had purchased the 33.33 per cent shareholding of Roussel
Laboratories UK in Roussel India, to make the latter a 100 per cent
subsidiary of HMRL.
- The company is all set to transfer its animal healthcare business
a joint venture company, in which HMR will have a 49 per cent stake
Chiron Corporation of the US 51 per cent.
- Hoechst proposes to enter into a joint venture with Chiron
Corporation of USA for the manufacture of vaccines.
- Hoechst Marion Roussel has launched a voluntary retirement scheme
(VRS) at its Mulund factory in Mumbai.
- The Company plans to introduce variants of brands like Allegra and
Tavanic in the domestic market.
- The Company has re-designated Ramesh Subrahmanian as deputy
director of the company with effect from 1st July.
- The Company and Rhone-Poulenc Rorer (India) Ltd. two separate
subsidiaries of the French Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals major,
SA, are implementing employee stock option schemes as part of the
parent company's worldwide strategy.
- Hoechst Marion Roussel Ltd. will acquire 29,55,608 No. of Equity
shares of Rhone-Poulenc Rorer at Rs 15 per share.
- Hoechst Marion Roussel will now be known as Aventis Pharma even as
aims to maintain a leading position within the Indian pharma sector.
-Aventis Pharma Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the
company has, at its meeting held on October 30, 2002 appointed Mr W
Wagner as a Director of the company in the casual vacancy caused by
resignation of Mr J Silvestre.
-Bombay High Court sanctions amalgamation of Rhone-Poulenc Rorer
with Aventis Pharma Ltd.
-Aventis Pharma increased its sales to Rs.261cr by 16% as against
period of the previous year.
-Aventis Pharma Ltd has filed a lawsuit against alleging patent
infringement on Six Orange
Book patent .
-CRISIL withdrew its AAA rating for the Rs.30cr non-convertible
of Aventis Pharma Ltd.
-Mr.M.G. Rao and Dr.S Bhattacharya have been appointed as Alternate
Dr.Carlo de Notaristefani and Mr.W.W.Wagner.
-Aventis Pharma has appointed Mr.Ramesh Subramanian, MD as the
of the Respiratory Sales for North-East and Mid-Atlantic US.
-Aventis Pharma Ltd has informed that the Company had entered into a
Joint Venture (JV) Agreement in April 1998 with Chiron Corporation,
USA (Chiron) for the manufacture of the anti-rabies vaccine, Rabipur
and for the grant of distribution rights in India to the Company for
certain Chiron vaccines.
-Aventis Pharma Limited has appointed Mr. Eric Le-Bris as an
-Aventis Pharma Limited has appointed Mr. S.C. Ghoge as Alternate
Director to Mr. Eric Le-Bris. Mr. Ghoge being an employee of the
Company, has been appointed a Wholetime Director.
-Mumbai: Aventis Pharma has launched insulin drug Lantus in a
prefilled disposable pen called Solostar.
- Aventis Pharma Ltd has informed about the following changes which
have taken place in the Board of Directors of the Company:
1. Mr. M. Dargentolle, Chief Financial Officer of the Company who was
Alternate Director to Mr. O. Charmeil has been appointed a Director of
the Company with effect from July 19, 2010.
2. Mr. J. M. Georges, Director, Industrial Pharma Intercontinental of
the sanofi-aventis Group and Mr. F. X. Duhalde, Director - Finance &
Administration of the sanofi-aventis Group, have been appointed as
Additional Directors of the Company with effect from July 29, 2010.
- Aventis Pharma Limited Acquisition of Nutraceutical Business of
Universal Medicare Private Limited
- Sanofi India, in association with HealthCare Global Enterprises
Ltd, has launched an exclusive Fun Center for pediatric patients in
- Sanofi India launches re-usable insulin pen AllStar for Indian
- Sanofi appoints Susheel Umesh as Head of Commercial Operations for
its Pharmaceutical Operations in India
-Company has changed its name from Aventis Pharma Ltd. to Sanofi