- The company was incorporated on 26th December as a Private Limited
company and was converted into a Public Limited company with effect
from 30-4-1992. The company is registered with the Registrar of
Companies, Andhra Pradesh at Hyderabad. The chief promoters of the
Company are Shri P.V. Ramaprasad Reddy and Shri K. Nityananda Reddy.
- Aurobindo Pharma Limited is one of the leading manufacturers of
saving anti-biotic bulk drugs in India with excellent track record
profitability and growth.
- The Company has developed inhouse technology for manufacture of
bulk drugs as well as formulations.
- The Company is one of the largest manufacturers of Ampicillin and
Cloxacillin in India.
- Another unit was also set up for the manufacture of CMIC Chloride,
bulk drug intermediate at Pashamylaram, near Hyderabad. Through
another Company namely, Chaitanya Organics Pvt. Ltd., which is now
being merged with Aurobindo Pharma Limited.
- The Company issued Bonus Shares in the ratio of 1:1 in May, in the
ratio of 2:1 in June, 1993 and in the ratio of 7:20, in November
- The Company follows the Mercantile System of Accounting and
recognises Income and Expenditure on Accrual basis.
- The Company has set up two more units during the year, viz.,
- i) Bulk drug unit at Bollaram, near Hyderabad.
- ii) Formulations unit at Kukatpally, near Hyderabad.
- The Company is setting up a Bulk Drug cum Formulation Plant to
produce sterile Bulk Drugs like Ampicillin Sodium (Sterile) IP/BP,
Cloxacillin Sodium (Sterile) IP/BP, and cephalosporins (Sterile)
Drugs and Formulations in the dosage forms like sterile powder
injectables, small volume parenterals, Capsules and Tablets.
- The installed capacity of the Pondicherry Unit of the Company is
increased from 204 TPA to 300 TPA during the current year
- The Bollaram unit is for the manufacture of anti-biotic bulk
namely Cloxacillin, and Dicloxacillin mainly for exports.
- During the Year, the Company has upgraded the plant and increased
installed capacity from 78 TPA to 84 TPA. The Company has set up a
separate block in the same premises during the current year, 1994-95
for manufacture of high value drugs namely Astemizole, Domeperidone,
Famotidine and Omeprazole, with an installed capacity of 9 TPA.
- The Kukatpally unit is for manufacture of pharmaceutical
with an installed capacity of 360 lakhs tablets and 480 lakhs
- During the current year the Company has increased the installed
capacity of the merged company Chaitanya Organics Pvt. Ltd., from
TPA to 144 TPA. Further a new bulk drug intermediate namely DCMIC
Chloride is also manufactured in this unit from April. The Company
also expanded the above unit by setting up a separate block for
manufacture of Norfloxacillin and Pefloxacillin with an installed
capacity of 60 TPA.
- The Company proposed to acquire two generators of 250 KVA capacity
each as standby arrangement.
- The company has entered into domestic formulations market in 5
and plans to launch in other states shortly.
- The Company has agency set-up at Srilanka, Thailand, Russia and
Nigeria for marketing its products. It proposes to set up its own
marketing offices at Hongkong, Moscow and Nigeria to promote bulk
- The Company has a connected power load of 500 KVA from A.P.S.E.B.
addition, 3 Generators of 125 KVA capacity each have been installed
a stand by arrangement.
- The Company is a member of Patancheru Effluent Treatment Plant
Limited and Jeedimetle Effluent Treatment Plant.
- All the Assets and Liabilities of M/s. Chaitanya Organics Pvt.
will be taken over by M/s. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. with effect from
April, on completion of amalgamation formalities.
- As per the scheme of amalgamation it is proposed to issue one
share of M/s. Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. of Rs 10/- each credited as
paid up for every one equity share of Rs 10/- each fully paid up
in M/s. Chaitanaya Organics Pvt. Ltd. to the Shareholders of M/s.
Chaitanya Organics Pvt. Ltd.
- In January, Videocon International and Videocon Appliances sold a
tranche of Aurobindo shares to the public at a premium of Rs 180.
- Glaxo (India), the Indian subsidiary of the UK-based
is understood to be negotiating with the Hyderabad-based Aurobindo
Pharma for an alliance to meet its global bulk drug requirements.
- The annual capacities now stand at 300 million of capsules and 840
tonnes of bulk drugs.
- The company proposes to manufacture fourth generation
such as 7-ACA, cephalexin, cephatoxime and cephazolin.
- AUROBINDO Pharma Ltd is setting up two wholly-owned subsidiaries
the US and Hong Kong to increase its presence in the international
- The company is one of the largest bulk manufacturers of
semi-synthetic penicillin (SSP) products such as ampicilin and
Amoxycillin. It is the world's fourth largest producer of
and fifth largest producer of amoxycillins.
- The company has also launched new formulations like auronim
Suspension in the paediatric segment.
- The company has obtained the shareholders permission to invest
,00,000 in the share capital of Aurobindo Pharma (Miami) Inc in
and 0,000 in the share capital of Aurobindo Pharma (Hong Kong)
- The company would be launching several new formulations including
Roxythromycin, Clarithromycin, Sporfloxocyin, besides Sephradin, a
smei-synthetic, in the domestic market. Among sterile products to
launched by the company are Cephazolin, Cehatoxin and Azithromycin.
- The Hyderabad-based Aurobindo Pharma had received in-principle
approval from the Board of Industrial and Financial Reconstruction
(BIFR) in March to buy the plant.
- APL is today the most cost-efficient producer of SSPs in India and
low cost international producer of other value added bulk drugs and
- Aurobindo currently manufactures three types of drugs including
cephalosporin-based formulations, drugs for gastroenterology and
- The company proposes to deploy the issue proceeds to part-finance
R&D thrust and the growth of its formulations business. APL plans
meet the further funds requirement for its capital expenditure
programme, if any, through internal accruals.
- The board of directors has allotted 5,51,000 equity shares of
each at a premium of Rs.480 per share by private placement on
preferential basis to FIIs, FIs, MFs and bodies corporate etc.
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd, the largest domestic manufacturer of
penicillin-based bulk antibiotics, plans to form joint ventures in
Brazil and China by the end of financial year 1999-2000
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd. a major producer of semi-synthetic
in the country, proposes to set up two joint venture companies in
US to manufacture cephalosporins and non-cephalosporins.
- Aurobindo Pharma is setting up two joint ventures for formulations
the US, with an investment of million.
- As per the scheme of Amalgamation equity shares of Aurobindo
Limited will be exchanged to the shareholders of Sri Chakra Remedies
Limited for every 100 equity shares held by them.
- The Company has launched an exclusive anti-viral division --
-- to educate and to provide preventive drug care for HIV/AIDS
in the country.
- Hyderabad based Aurobindo Pharma has restructured its management
responsibilities in view of major growth initiatives to be taken to
create a platform for penetrating attractive global markets. P V
Ramaprasad Reddy, former managing director, has been appointed
executive chairman, while K Nityananda Reddy, former joint managing
director and co-promoter, has been appointed managing director, APL
informed the Bombay Stock Exchange on July 4.
-This new structure is expected to enable the company to concentrate
the strategies of change being pursued by it to achieve the goal of
becoming a research and development-based international
company, it said, adding that the changes had received board
-Aurobindo Pharma Ltd today announced the launch two more drugs--
Efavirenz (Viranz) and Nelfinavir (NELVEX)-- for the treatment of
-Three existing Directors, Mr Srinivas Lanka, Mr A J Kamath and Mr A
Siva Rama Prasad have stepped down from the directorship, thus
room for appointment of independent external directors. Accordingly,
their resignations were accepted. While Mr Srinivas Lanka will be
considered for reappointment as non-executive independent Director,
A J Kamath will assume the responsibility of group financial
Further, it is planned to retain the services of Mr A Siva Rama
for group operations.
-Aurobindo Pharma to allot further equity shares/warrants to
-Srinivas Lanka re-inducted into the Board of Aurobindo Pharma.
-Sathyamurthy appointed as Additional Director of Aurobindo Pharma.
-The Board of Directors of Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has approved the
appointment of Dr K A Balasubramanian as an additional director on
the Board of Directors of the company. Dr Balasubramanian shall be an
independent, non-executive director.
-Aurobindo informed BSE that Citadel Aurobindo Biotech Ltd, a 50:50
Joint venture company
introduced Aztreonam a Monabactam Betalactam antibiotic for the first
time in the Indian
Pharma Market with a brand name 'TREONAM'.
-Aurobindo Tongling (Datong) pharmaceuticals Ltd, China , a JV
between APL and Shanxi Tongling Pharmaceuticals co. has set up for
manufacture of pharmaceutical products for the local market.
-With a view to manufacture Pen G, a raw material essential for the
production of semi-synthrtic
pencillin, Aurobindo has infused Rs 59cr in a flagship
Aurobindo(Datong) Pharma Ltd.
-Aurobindo Pharma has launched second joint venture company in US for
of Research and Development.
-Allots 950,000 equity shares to promoters/directors by way of
conversion of warrants
-Aurobindo Pharma has launched second joint venture company in the
United States for the purpose of R & D in alliance with Salus
-Aurobindo Pharma has filed around 20 patents in the areas of central
nervous system, cardio-vascular, and anti-cholesterol segments. Out of
this it is able to obtain 2 of them in United States of America.
-UTI sold 3 pc stake from the company
-Board approves the issue on a preferential basis, of an aggregate
upto 3,100,000 equity shares of Rs.5/- each at a price of Rs.302/-
per equity share (including a premium of Rs.297 per equity share),
totalling up to Rs.93.62 cr
-Company ropes in Merlion India Fund 1, Mauritius, for allotting 31
lakh equity shares on a preferential basis at a price of Rs 302 per
share, including a premium of Rs 297 per share, totalling Rs 93.62
- Ms P. Suneela Rani, has sold 6,80,000 equity shares of Rs 5 each of
the company, constituting 1.4 per cent of equity of its current
paid-up equity of Rs 24.2 crore. These shares were sold in the open
market from December 23-31 last year
Aurobindo Pharma Ltdhas announced that it has received its first
Certificate of Suitability (CoS) approval from the European
Directorate for Quality Medicines (EDQM) for its product in the
therapeutic segment of gastroenterology.
-Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has informed that the members at the EGM of the
Company held on December 26, 2003 have unanimously approved the
following special resolution : 'Issue of equity shares under
preferential allotment guidelines of SEBI'. Further, the Company has
also informed that delisting of securities of the company from
Ahmedabad Stock Exchange was approved w.e.f. January 15, 2004.
-Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has informed that pursuant to the application
of the Company, its securities have been removed from the list of the
Ahmedabad Stock Exchange (ASE) w.e.f. January 15, 2004.
-USFDA part of Department of health and human science approves UNIT
VIII facility as a site to manufacture APIs for the US Market.
-Aurobindo AIDS drug receives US FDA clearance
-Aurobindo Pharma gets EDQM approval for Flucloxacillin Sodium
-Aurobindo Pharma receives approval for Sertraline Hydrochloride
-Aurobindo Pharma receives approval for Cephalexin Capsules by US
-Aurobindo's receives final approval of Mirtazapine Orally
-Aurobindo Pharma receives final approval of Mirtazapine ODT 45mg for
US marketAurobindo Pharma receives final approval of Mirtazapine ODT
45mg for US market
-Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has announced that the US FDA has granted
tentative approval for the Company's Simvastatin Tablets USP 5 mg, 10
mg, 20 mg, 40 mg and 80 mg
-Aurobindo receives US FDA approval for Didanosine (Chewable)
-Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has announced that it has received the
marketing authorization approval from Medicines Evaluation Board
(MEB), NETHERLANDS for Mirtazapine 15, 30 and 45 mg orally
disintegrating tablets containing the active ingredient Mirtazapine.
-Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has appointed Mr. A.Mohan Rami Reddy as Company
Secretary of the Company.
-Aurobindo Pharma receives final approval for SIMVASTATIN tablets
-Aurobindo arm acquires Dutch firm Pharmacin.
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has received one more approval from USFDA for
Cefadroxil capsules 500 mg.
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has announced that on June 13, 2007 the
Company unveiled their new Logo and Corporate Identity at a ceremony
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has announced that the Company has received an
approval from the US Food & Drug Administration to market its 300mg
Cefdinir Capsules in the US market. The drug falls under the
Anti-bacterial segment and is a generic equivalent of Abbott
-Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has appointed Mr. K Raghunathan as an
Additional Director of the Company at the Board Meeting held on
January 30, 2008.
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has announced that the Company has been
awarded ARV contract worth Rs 70 crores for 3 products which are WHO
/ USFDA pre-qualified by National Aids Control Organization (NACO).
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has got final clearance from the US Food and
Drug Administration (USFDA) to manufacture and market Didanosine
Delayed Release capsules in 125 mg, 200 mg, 250 mg and 400 mg. The
drug is indicated for treatment of HIV - 1 infections in adults. It
is the generic version of Bristol Myer Squibb's Videx EC
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd has received Swissmedic approvals for
Amlodipine Besylate Tablets and Metformin Hydrochloride Tablets.
- Aurobindo Pharma has received final approval from the United States
Food and Drug Administration for its product Ceftazideme injection in
Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA tentative approval for Famciclovir
-Aurobindo Pharma Announces Strategic Divestment of Aurobindo
(Datong) Bio Pharma, China
-Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA tentative approval for Levofloxacin
-Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA tentative approval for Venlafaxine
Extended Release Capsules.
-Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA tentative approval for Famclclovir
-Aurobindo Pharma receives Platinum Certificate of Outstanding
Exports Award from Pharmexcil.
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 5 to Re 1
-Aurobindo Pharma receives final approvals for Quetiapine Fumarate
-Aurobindo Pharma receives final approval for Olanzapine Tablets.
-Aurobindo Pharma gets USFDA nod for anti-HIV drugs Lamivudine and
-Aurobindo Pharma gets USFDA nod to launch Clopidogrel tablets
-Aurobindo Pharma receives final approval for Metformin Hydrochloride
Extended Release Tablets.
-Aurobindo Pharma gets USFDA approval for anti-migraine tablets.
- Aurobindo Pharma receives tentative approval for
Efavirenz/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate Tablets.
-Aurobindo gets final USFDA approval for Cefadroxil oral suspension.
-Aurobindo Pharma bags final US FDA approval for Rizatriptan Benzoate
-Aurobindo completes the acquisition of Natrol.
-Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA Approval for Amoxicillin for Oral
-Aurobindo completes the acquisition of select Western European
Businesses of Actavis.
-Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA Approval for Divalproex Sodium
-Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA approval for Repaglinide Tablets.
- Aurobindo Pharma has received approval from the USFDA to
manufacture and market Valsartan Tablets USP
-Aurobindo Pharma gets USFDA nod for Lacosamide Tablets
-Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA Tentative Approval for Lacosamide
-Aurobindo Pharma gets USFDA nod for Lacosamide Tablets
-Aurobindo Pharma gets USFDA nod for Sildenafil injection
-Aurobindo gets USFDA nod for Atracurium Besylate injections
-Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA Approval for Cefixime for Oral
-Aurobindo Pharma receives USFDA approval for Famotidine Tablets
--The Company has allotted the Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.