- The company was incorporated on 5th December, at Chennai. The
company was promoted by Dr. Prathap C. Reddy and his associates. The
Main object of the Company is to run Hospitals.
- The Company had set up a comprehensive 250-bed hospital with an
emphasis on speciality and super specialities in over fifty
departments at Greams Road, Chennai.
- The main items and medical equipment acquired included operating
surgery unit, autoanalyser, angioscope, gamma cemera, CAT scan, etc.
- The hospital was to consist of cardiology department with CAT, head
and body scan, two special operation theaters and four minor and four
major operation theaters.
- 3,49,900 shares subscribed for by promoters, directors, etc.
26,50,100 shares were then issued at par out of which 9,50,100 shares
were reserved and allotted on a firm basis to promoters, their
friends, etc. (inclusive of 7,00,000 shares to NRI promoters).
- Out of the remaining 17,00,000 shares, 5,00,000 shares were
reserved for preferential allotment to NRI and investors (from oil
exporting developing countries but only 4,03,450 shares taken up.
The balance 12,00,000 shares, along with 96,550 shares not taken up
out of preferential quota were offered for public subscription during
- During November, simultaneously with the rights issue of equity
shares, the company issued 2,00,000-15% partly convertible debenture
of Rs 100 each as rights in prop. 5 debenture : 75 equity.
- Only 15,537 debentures were taken up. Another 98,133 debentures
were allotted privately. The balance 86,330 debentures devolved on
the underwriters. Interest on the debentures was payable in the form
of equity shares at par for the first two years.
- The Convertible portion of Rs 20 out of the face value of each
debenture was to be converted into 2 equity shares of Rs 10 each at
par on the completion of 3 years from the date of allotment of the
- The non-convertible portion of Rs 80 out of the face value of each
debenture was to be redeemed in 4 equity annual instalments at the
end of the 7th, 8th, 9th and 10 year from the date of allotment of
- 12,50,000 shares issued at par as rights but only 4,80,301 shares
taken up. Out of the balance 7,69,699 shares, 7,69,232 shares were
allotted privately and 467 shares remained unallotted. Another
2,50,000 shares were allotted at par privately.
- 46 beds were added and the hospital was to add another 38 beds
- The Apollo Health Association (AHA) was inaugurated in April, based
on credit card system. As per this scheme, the Apollo health
insurance policy holders get Medicare offered by Apollo and 76
accredited hospitals in selected cities.
- 29,600 shares forfeited in October, of which forfeiture on 1,050
shares was annulled. Another 12,850 forfeited shares were reissued.
2,56,772 shares were allotted at par in conversion of debenture
- Till the end of June, 5,18,298 No. of equity shares were allotted
in conversion of debenture interest and 2,27,340 No. of equity shares
were allotted in conversion of debentures. Another 1,72,660 shares
were allotted in conversion of debentures during the period from 1st
to 31st March, 1989.
- The hospital was equipped with Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI),
one more SOMATOMCR whole body computed Tomography scanner,
Dideoendoscopy and Mammography, breast scanning equipment for the
detection of occult carcinoma.
- The Apollo Hospital, Chennai was recognised for teaching and
imparting training to doctors for the examination of Fellow of the
Royal College of Radiologists, (FRCR), U.K.
- The Apollo group had finalised a joint venture project with the
I.R.T.C. of Eye Micro Surgery, USSR to launch the Apollo Fyodorov Eye
- The Apollo school of nursing was commissioned in August which
offers a 3 year diploma programme followed by internship in the
- 16 intensive care beds and 26 additional patient beds together with
balancing equipment were added in various disciplines. Also a 24 hour
ambulance service with wireless facility was to be launched shortly.
- The company also was setting up a 150 bed state-of-the-art cancer
treatment and research centre in the heart of Chennai city on Mount
- The Company had launched a city-wide ambulance service with
wireless facility by stationing six Ambulances at strategic places in
- Apollo cancer hospital, situated at Teynampet, Chennai, was
- The Company was introduced state-of-the-art Bone Marrow transplant
facility in Phase II expansion of cancer project in Chennai.
Besides, the Company to install Gamma Knife equipment and facilities
for organ transplantation.
- Allotted 54,17,831 shares as rights (prop. 1:1) and 4,850 shares to
employees both at a prem. of Rs 10 per share.
- The bed strength was increased to 465 at the main hospital. A
third theater was added for cardio thoracic surgery.
- 40,00,000 No. of Equity shares issued at a price of Rs 42 per share
on private placement basis with various investment institution.
- Cancer hospital in Hyderabad was inaugurated on 19th February. The
hospital was planning to introduce an innovative application of
tele-technology with the launch of `Apollo Heartline' a simple device
connecting to subscriber with a heart centre and giving expert
instantly round-the-clock via telephone lines.
- The hospital has expanded its services to encompass preventive
healthcare in the country.
- The Company has joined hands with the WHO with its mission to
eradicate Tuberculosis in India. The Company has identified
washermanpet area in Chennai for T.B. detection and iradication On
world No. Tobacco day, an asthma clinic and counselling centre for
smokers was launched.
- 10,70,400 No. of Equity shares allotted on conversion of warrants
issued to promoters on preferential basis.
- The Apollo Cancer Hospital Chennai, introduced specialised,
effective and innovative cancer management offering a host of
treatment to many kinds of cancer.
- With take over of Orient Hospital, Madurai and Pinakini Hospital,
Nellore, the Company had added 300 more beds.
- Apollo college of nursing at Keezhkattalai was inaugurated on 21st
- Home health care facility was launched at Chennai, where the
registered members will be provided medical consultation, treatments,
preventive health check up at their door-steps. The other services
include, polio drop DPT vaccinations to children, nasal oxygen
antienata check ups etc.
- Apollo Hospitals has signed a memorandum of understanding with
Jardine of UK for successful adaptation of the healt maintenance
organisations (HMO) concept for the first time in India by
- Apollo Hospitals launched a weekly health awareness programme,
Apollo Health File, on the Telugu satellite channel Gemini.
- Apollo Hospitals Ltd has signed a memorandum of understanding with
the Sri Lankan Government to build a super-speciality hospital in
Colombo. This is the first time the speciality hospital group is
venturing abroad with investments.
- Apollo Hospital Enterprises Ltd has launched its first poison
information centre in the south.
- Apollo Hospitals is merging its group companies Deccan Hospitals,
Hyderabad, and Indian Hospital Corporation, Chennai, along with
Sindhoori Hotels, Chennai, to emerge as the leading healthcare unit
- The Company has approved to issue up to 20,00,000 No. of equity
shares of Rs.10 each on private placement basis to FIIs, MFs, FIs and
banks etc, at or above the price calculated in accordance with SEBI
- Apollo Hositals has announced the launch of its `Mednet' services
for the medical fraternity in the country in collaboration with
Wipro, NIIT, Satyam Online, ICICI and Citadel Health Ltd.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOC) has signed a memorandum of
understanding (MoU) with healthcare major Apollo Hospitals for
setting up pharmaceutical general stores at the convenience stores of
Indian Oil petrol stations.
- The company has successfully placed 20 lacks equity shares with
various FIIs at a premium of Rs. 355/- per share.
- The Company placed 20 lacs No. of equity shares with various FIIs
at a premium of Rs 355/- per share.
- The Apollo Hospitals has lined up a string of equity tie-ups to
fuel an agressive diversification plan in various healthcare-related
- Apollo Hospitals Group and Royal College of General Practioners
have entered into a tie-up to lauch three programmes for revalidating
and updating the knowledge of primary healthcare physicians in India.
- Apollo Hospitals has launched a personal accident insurance card.
- Apollo Hospitals launched the `Apollo, the Italian Dental Cliniq'
in the city.
- Apollo Hospitals has expanded its presence in healthcare with the
launch of Apollo, the Italian Dental Cliniq.
- The Delhi-based NIIT Ltd. and Apollo Hospitals Group are jointing
hands to create `MeDVarsity', an Internet-based virtual medical
university to cater to the medical fraternity.
- The Company has join the big league of pharma companies and
research labs to garner a major share in the booming high-end
biotechnology research business.
- Apollo Hospitals, the Chennai-based Rs 3,000 crore healthcare giant
has inked an in-principle deal with the Singapore-based Parkway group,
the Singapore-based Parkway group, the global leader in healthcare
business, to spread its wings to AfroAsian countries.
- The Chennai-based Apollo Hospitals Enterprise has signed a
memorandum of understanding with the government of Mauritius,
appointing the Apollo Hospitals Group as the preferred healthcare
provider for all the citizens of Mauritius.
- Apollo Hospitals has entered into a tie-up with a local hospital
initially to deliver mother and child care.
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd has informed that Mr Atul Punj has
resigned from the office of the Director of the company. Mr
Habibullah Badsha has been co-opted to the Board as an Additional
-The Apollo Hospitals Enterprises, has taken over the 50.26 per cent
stake held by the Gauri Prasad Goenka in the Duncan Gleneagles
Hospital for the amount of Rs 3 crore.
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd (AHEL) inaugurated the first of
its hospitals in the 'First Med hospitals' chain at Chennai. The
hospital is situated on the Poonamallee high Road and will provide
emergency and trauma care to the neighbouring areas. The hospital
will also have a multi-specialty acute care centre. The hospital will
have over 25 specialties, including cardiology, neurology, nephrology,
urology, orthopaedics and radiology.
-Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd has informed BSE that they have
completed the sale transaction of 1,58,63,504 equity shares of Duncan
Gleneagles Hospitals Ltd (DGHL) Kolkata (unlisted Company), previously
held by Duncans Industries Ltd and its associates and the said shares
have been registered in the name of company and its nominees in the
books of DGHL.
-Apollo Hospitals, in tie up with ICICI Lombard has unveiled an
accident insurance product.
-Apollo launches a dedicated paediatric cardiac facility for
-Apollo unveils a telemedicine facility at the government General
-Apollo bags an order worth million contract to manage a hospital
-Apollo Hospital sets up a 24X7 Chest Pain Clinic to offer round the
clock and immediate
access to quality heart care during the critical period.
-Apollo hospital informs that it has been recognised as 'Superbrand
of India' in the
-The Sagar Apollo Hospital becomes the first hospital in the country
electronic processing of Insurance claims.
-AFTL ties up with Apollo for health awareness campaign
-The hospital tied up with SBI to extend loan assistance for
-The Apollo Group of Hospitals has entered into a major technology
partnership with the Defence Research & Development Organisation
(DRDO) to leverage mutual strengths
-Apollo Hospital inks pact with Austrian institute
- Apollo Hospitals launched WE (Women's Health Empowerment) scheme
offering them an exclusive Web site and a health card.
-opened a clinic with a 24-hour pharmacy and an ambulance service in
the R.A. Puram suburb of Chennai
-Ms Shobana Kamineni, KEI Group - Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd
has been elected as Chairperson of the CII-Southern Region for the
-Apollo Hospitals has announced the launch of the `Apollo National
Heart Plan' comprising three components of the preventive mode, a
disease management programme (DMP) and the actual treatment and
-Apollo Hospitals group on August 09 said it has entered into a
partnership to provide advisory services to Hayel Saeed Anam (HSA)
-Mundra SEZ forges alliance with Apollo Hospital
-Apollo Hospitals forges alliance with Histotem
-Apollo Hospital Delhi gets JCI certification for its quality of care
in a safe environment
-Apollo Hospitals join hands with Johns Hopkins
-Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd has informed that Dr. Prathap C
Reddy, Chairman of the Apollo Hospitals Group singed the Joint
Venture Agreement with Deutsche Krankenversicherung AG (DKV) on
October 11, 2006.
-Taj, Apollo to forge alliance for medical tourism
-Apollo Hospitals to launch mobile service in rural areas
-Apollo Hospitals rolls out new scan method
-Apollo Hospitals acquires Zavata
-Apollo Hosp forges into health insurance biz
- Apollo Children's Hospital successfully performs complicated
surgery on 4-month-old baby
- India's first keyhole multiple bypass surgery performed at
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals New Delhi
- Apollo Hospitals has instituted a contemporary Neuro Rehabilitation
Programme at the Main Hospital in Chennai.
- Apollo Hospitals wins Express Healthcare Awards
- Apollo Hospitals Website wins Web Marketing Association, USA's Web
Awards in 3 categories
- Apollo Opens Hospital at Mauritius
- India's First Swine Flu Health Call Center at Apollo Speciality
-Asia Pacific's most advanced CyberKnife® launched at Apollo
Speciality Cancer Hospital
- Apollo Medical Centre opens Sultanate's first liver clinic
- Apollo Hospitals Launches It's 50th Hospital At Secunderabad!
- Apollo Hospitals and CISCO to bridge the Health Divide - ICT
solutions to transform healthcare in suburban and rural areas
- Apollo Hospitals set up stem cell facility
- Apollo Hospitals to launch m-health services
- Apollo Hospitals Group ties up with British Medical Journal (BMJ)
- Apollo Hospitals wins the 'India’s Most Preferred Hospital'
Viewer’s Choice Award at the India Healthcare Awards announced by
CNBC - TV18 and ICICI Health Insurance
-Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 5
- Stem Cell Therapy Program Launched by Apollo Bramwell Hospital,
- Apollo Hospitals first in Chennai to use bio-resorbable stents
- Apollo Hospitals becomes the World’s Second Busiest Solid Organ
- Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital Launches Eastern India's first
dedicated comprehensive Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
- Apollo Hospitals Group Website has been honored with the Internet
Advertising Competition Web Award 2011
- Apollo Life launches M.I.N.D Line, tele-counselling helpline
- Apollo Hospitals announces the launch of the MRI-HIFU, a
breakthrough, non-invasive technology, for treatment of uterine
- Apollo Group of Hospitals launched the First of its Kind - Dental
Wellness Center in India, the WHITE, 7-star Dental Spa at Chennai.
- Apollo Hospitals successfully completes over 55 complex Robotic
- Apollo Hospitals Chennai launches the Apollo Foot Care Service
- Apollo Hospitals performs a complex Robotic assisted Urosurgery on
a 7 year old African child
- Apollo Hospitals completes 929 solid organ transplants in a single
- Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata has won the Institute for
Competitiveness (IFC) Mini Strategy Award.