1972 - The Company was incorporated as a Private Limited Company
the Companies Act, 1956 on 11th May, under the name and style
Alps Textiles Pvt Ltd. and subsequently converted into public
limited company vide fresh certificate of incorporation issued
02/09/1994 and was renamed as Alps Industries Ltd. on Nov.
1994 and another fresh certificate of incorporation was
by ROC Kanpur.
- Alps Industries Ltd. (formerly known as Alps Textiles Ltd.)
promoted by Shri K.K. Agarwal a well known technocrat and
industrialist along with his associates.
- The Company is engaged in the manufacturing and export of
furnishings and selling it's product range of venetian and
vertical blinds, drapery rods, and other interior decorative
architectural items under the established brand name of VISTA
- The company has entered into an agreement with Textile
of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi for providing
1975 - The company has been awarded by Handloom Export Promotion
Council, Chennai for export of its product for the year
1977-78, 1981-82, 1982-83 and 1984-85, and has received State
Export award from Government of U.P. for the year 1983-84,
1984-85, 1987-88, 1988-89 and 1989-90.
- 100% EOU project for setting up of integrated manufacturing
facilities for Eco-Friendly vegetable dyes, cotton yarn,
1987 - The company has also been awarded with Bronze Trophy by
in the year 1987-88. The management conceived the idea for
setting up of plant for manufacturing vegetable dyes, dyeing
Cotton fibre with Vegetable dyes and Spinning of Vegetable
yarn, weaving of fabrics therefrom and converting into made
1989 - The company achieved another milestone by entering into the
agreement with Levolor Lorentzen Inc., presently known as
Corporation, one of the leading manufacturer of window
in U.S.A., to sell and manufacture in India the line of
- The Company subsequently introduced a new range of Venetian
blinds under the brand name of Vista Levolor. Diversifying
the range of interior decoratives, the company introduced
Aluminium Panels for False Ceiling.
- The company setup a research and development wing. The
started a research programme on vegetable dyes to develop an
friendly range of natural dyes.
1993 - An agreement was entered into with Indian Institute of
(I.I.T) Delhi for sponsorship of research and development
programme of Vegetable Dyes.
- A pilot plant was set up in the existing unit of the company
manufacturing of vegetable dyes and a latest range of
dyed fabrics and made ups were launched in the market.
- The company has established a large marketing network in
- The Company proposes to set up a 100% export oriented unit at
57/2, Site IV, Sahibabad Industrial Area, in District
1994 - 52350 No. of Equity Shares of Rs 100 each has been
into 10 Equity Shares of Rs 10 each converting them into
No. of Equity Shares of Rs 10/- each.
- The Company is setting up the manufacturing facility for 600
of vegetable dyes.
- The project of 683 tpa of cotton fiber dyeing and 315 tpa of
dyeing is being set up for getting uniform and better
properties of yarn produced from the cotton.
- The Company proposes to set up a plant for spinning 1594 tons
annum of cotton yarn with an average count of 14s.
- The Company has built up a wide distribution network with 86
dealers through out the country having a scattered network of
- The Company has issued Bonus Shares out of revaluation
amounting to Rs 157.05 Lacs on 2nd February.
- Paid up Share Capital of the Company is Rs 2,97,01,000
into 29,70,100 No. of Equity Shares of Rs 10 each including
27,68,100 Shares issued for other than cash.
1995 - The Company has tie-up with Levolor Corporation, USA, one of
leading manufacturers of window coverings in USA, for
and sale of Levolor line of products in India.
1997 - During the year, Company has also started business with new
parties in the international market with whom volume of
is expected to grow further.
- Sales of Window Covering Division (Vista) have increased
the current year. The Company has launched window awnings
garden umbrellas in collaboration with Franciaflex Company,
- It was decided to increase the weaving capacity by installing
additional 43 looms.
1998 - The performance of Window Covering Division (Vista) was
affected by the recession in the domestic market. In this
division also, several new product have been added in order
widen the product range as well as, keeping in mind customer
service, several improvisations have been made in the
- The Company embarked upon an expansion plan involving increase
weaving and made-ups facilities. The project has been
commissioned and full benefits shall accrue in the current
1999 - The company is entering the laminated floorings and Pashmina
shawls markets as part of its growth plan. Pashmina shawls
laminated floorings will be launched in the domestic market
during the festival season.
- AIL has introduced a wide range of home furnishing
products using naturally-grown coloured cotton, which has a
significant demand in overseas market.
- Alps Industries, poineers in window fashions, has introduced
laminate wooden floorings under the Vista Floor Fashions
The company which has been expanding its horizon in home
has also recently launched another new product -- bed
co-ordinates under the Vista Home fashions brand.
2000 - The Company has introduced Mistral, a new drape system under
Vista Levolor brand name.
- The Company has launched the construction of a vertical
- The Company is diversifying into IT with the
construction of a
portal on interior industry.
- Alps Industries has introduced Le Pashmina branded
shawls. It is claimed to
be the first time that such branded shawls are being
launched in India.
- Alps Industries has introduced Topper Valance Pelmets.
2001 - Alps Industries Ltd. makers of Vista Levolor blinds -- has
introduced the `Karat'
- Alps Industries Ltd, manufacturers of Vista Levolor, has
launched a new portal on
interior called www.Improveinteriors.com. The portal
reportedly caters to
individuals as well as architects, designers and
-Alps Industries members approved delisting from Kanpur, Delhi and
Ahmedabad Stock Exchanges