1. Preference Share Capital:
During the Financial Year 2011-12, the company allotted 6,70,000
Compulsory Convertible Cumulative Preference shares of Rs. 1,000/-
each to M/s. Nylim Jacob Ballas India Fund III, LLC at par.
2. Warrant Application Money of Rs. 23.72 mn received during the
earlier years represents monies received for which Warrants were not
issued by the company for want of approval from Stock Exchanges.
3. Long Term Borrowings:
(a) Term Loans From Banks:
1) EXIM Bank: Closing Balance as on 31-03-2012 - Rs. 345.07 mn.
Secured by Pari passu First charge on the Immovable and Movable Assets
of the Company present and future including Equitable Mortgage of
Factory Lands and Buildings and Second pari passu charge on the Current
2) State Bank of Hyderabad: Closing Balance as on 31-03-2012 - Rs.
Short Term Corporate Loan - Secured by Pari Passu First Charge on the
Immovable and Movable Assets of the Company present and future
including equitable mortgage of Factory Lands and Buildings and Second
Pari Passu charge on Current Assets.
3) Axis Bank: Closing Balance as on 31-03-2012 - Rs. 308.66 mn.
Secured by Pari Passu First Charge on the Immovable and Movable Assets
of the Company present and future including equitable mortgage of
Factory Lands and Buildings and Second Pari Passu charge on Current
4) Term Loans against Hypothecation of Vehicles:
Closing Balance as on 31-03-2012 - Rs. 2.01 mn. Secured by
Hypothecation of specific Vehicles of the Company.
5) Mortgage Loan from HDFC Bank :
Closing Balance as on 31-03-2012 - Rs. 1.09 mn. Secured by Mortgage of
specific Immovable Property.
(b) Unsecured Loans from Banks:
Kotak Mahindra Bank : Closing Balance as on 31-03-2012 - Rs.200.00 mn.
(c) Unsecured Loan from Financial Institution:
International Finance Corporation Closing Balance as on 31-03-2012 -
75 Nos. Optionally Convertible / Redeemable Foreign Currency Bonds
(F.C.C.B.) at the face value of USD 100,000 each.
4. Treatment of Capital Work in Progress :
Capital Work in Progress includes Cost of Land under acquisition and
Plant, Machinery & Equipments under installation.
5. Detailed information regarding quantitative particulars under part
II of schedule VI to the Companies Act, 1956 :
i) Quantitative information with regard to
a) Licensed Capacity and Installed Capacity per annum
6. Contingent Liabilities : (Rs. in Rs.)
As at As at
Particulars 31.03.2012 31.03.2011
Letter of Credit Foreign LC''s 94.69 151.93
Inland LC''s 55.89 32.48
SBLC – Axis Bank 51.15 -
Bank Guarantee State Bank of Hyderabad,
Balanagar Branch, Hyderabad. 4.87 4.87
7. Amount of delayed outstanding dues to Micro and Small Enterprise as
per MSME Development Act, 2006, could not be ascertained at the end of
the Financial Year.
8. Segment wise Information is furnished in Annexure -A.
9. Closing Balances of Debtors / Creditors / Loans & Advances are
subjected to confirmation from the parties.
10. Previous year''s numbers have been regrouped, rearranged, recasted,
wherever necessary to conform to Current Year Classification.
11. The numbers have been rounded off to the nearest millions of
Company has identified two reporting segments viz., Speciality
Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals. Segments have been identified and
reported taking into account nature of products and services the
differing risks, returns and the internal business reporting systems.
Accounting policies adopted for segment reporting are in line with
Accounting Policy of the company and are in accordance with the AS-17.